Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Populating with MCCC

Every time I start a new save, I go through the hassle of populating the entire world and still run MCCC to do marriages and births every sim week, and eventually the save will just have a ton of sims.

But I was wondering, has anyone used MCCC to populate the game on its own...for example, maybe only starting out with 10 families for the entire save and let MCCC do all the work?

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think you can use MCCC, and have it set to populate the worlds with sims from your gallery. And, it works... slowly then adding a thousand of sims, but I think its better as it doesn't blow your save file in 2 generations.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I think you can use MCCC, and have it set to populate the worlds with sims from your gallery. And, it works... slowly then adding a thousand of sims, but I think its better as it doesn't blow your save file in 2 generations.

no, my thought was not doing that. Just using the 10 families I put in the game and just populate the world from them. Keep the settings that won't move homeless sims into houses or let them marry or get pregnant. Only the main 10 families that live in houses can marry each other and populate.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't populate the world, i just start with the premades. But I'm always struggling with mccc population. I haven't found balanced settings yet. My world is so full and everything is a mess and im only in the beginning of the 3rd generation. I mean i can't recognize the fouding families anymore. They mixed with homeless, everyone had kids... it's complicated.

I don't want to loose my played sims progress so i won't start again, but i will change settings again. I had teen pregnancy on, but i will set it off; i will only allow marriages between townies and only YA and A. I will only allow 2 kids per household max...

If i could i would delete all non played sims and put back all the premades, but i think they aren't in the library or the gallery.

EDIT to add that it's being really hard to find single sims in my save right now. Not really hard, almost impossible. Everyone is getting married super fast. It may seem that i have my settings very loose but the truth is that i have downgraded marriage and pregnancy percentages a lot below standard...
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't populate the world, i just start with the premades. But I'm always struggling with mccc population. I haven't found balanced settings yet. My world is so full and everything is a mess and im only in the beginning of the 3rd generation. I mean i can't recognize the fouding families anymore. They mixed with homeless, everyone had kids... it's complicated.

This is why I shut off the setting for the homeless to move into houses and only sims living in houses will move when they turn to young adults. I have also knocked down the pregnancy percentage rate to 10% so pregnancies aren't happening as much. This is why I'm thinking if I only start with 10 families...even generations down the line I'll recognize the founding families. I just wonder if 10 founding families are enough to populate the world (all with a mix of different ages and so on). Considering all the houses (including apartments) maybe 15 - 20 founding families. I'm curious to experiment with this.
    aaronrulz wrote: »

This is why I shut off the setting for the homeless to move into houses and only sims living in houses will move when they turn to young adults. I have also knocked down the pregnancy percentage rate to 10% so pregnancies aren't happening as much. This is why I'm thinking if I only start with 10 families...even generations down the line I'll recognize the founding families. I just wonder if 10 founding families are enough to populate the world (all with a mix of different ages and so on). Considering all the houses (including apartments) maybe 15 - 20 founding families. I'm curious to experiment with this.

It sounds like it may be enough and a good number of families to start. Let me know how it goes.

Yeah at first i've set everything to what i thought was normal town behaviour but now i know why there are all those settings to restrain a lot of stuff. At first i thought 'poor homeless, they deserve an opportunity in life, marry some townie, move in...'. Now im all 'you can't live here. Go away. Eventually one of my played sims can get interested in you, but that's it!' 😂

Yeah at first i've set everything to what i thought was normal town behaviour but now i know why there are all those settings to restrain a lot of stuff. At first i thought 'poor homeless, they deserve an opportunity in life, marry some townie, move in...'. Now im all 'you can't live here. Go away. Eventually one of my played sims can get interested in you, but that's it!' 😂

haha, that's EXACTLY how I feel about the homeless!! Which did you feel is a good number to start with? 10? 15? 20? After thinking about it, maybe 10 isn't enough when I think about all those empty homes. Even with 20 families i'll still have a ton of empty lots but there would be more options for marriage.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    99 percent of the time I delete all the premades ( not a fan of most of them). Especially if I start out with a single female sim. When I start out, she’s the only sim in the world but once I hit the play button, I immediately see my saved Sims slowly being put into my game in a matter of seconds. Sometimes I put who I want in the game and let MCCC do the rest. And it does a good job. I have it set to 100 percent to import my saved sims. You will only start out with a few families and a few singles but eventually it will add more and more depending on the need for them. Right now I’m playing my “It’s Raining Men” save. Lol. I’m playing my gay player celeb. I have Mccc set to only generate male sims. There are no female sims in this game save. Mccc imports my male sims and assigns the appropriate gender preference for each one. Some will be gay and some will have no preference. Sometimes it puts a couple straight men in there but that makes no difference to my gay celeb. He’s more than happy to convert them. This is one of my favorite saves to play. It makes for a lot of drama with all those men flirting with each other. 😉
    aaronrulz wrote: »

haha, that's EXACTLY how I feel about the homeless!! Which did you feel is a good number to start with? 10? 15? 20? After thinking about it, maybe 10 isn't enough when I think about all those empty homes. Even with 20 families i'll still have a ton of empty lots but there would be more options for marriage.

Actually i have no idea... how many premade families do you start with at the beginning? It will be different from me depending on how many packs you have...
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I let MCCC control the moving stuff, for the most part. I stopped having single sims move out, because it was splitting up premade families. So instead of the Caliente/Lothario household having one house, they ended up with occupying 4. I leave the premades alone, unless I play them.

I have done makeovers on all premades, except DU, and saved them to my Gallery. They will be put in an empty save, in houses I will build or download for them. The rest of the world I'll populate from my library, or the Gallery. I will tweak MCCC (again) so that it will not only spawn YA/A sims, but also families (it used to spawn families with children and toddlers, don't know what setting I messed up).

NPCC will take care of the generated townies, so there won't be too many of them. I've used this mod a week or so now, and I really like it. There is no over-production of sims anymore, and the control it offers is awesome.
  • BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    MCCC has some issues with the "Move Single Sims" settings that causes pets and potentially children to be left on their own, so maybe that's what you were seeing @Kathykins .

Regarding the thread, I've been trying to run tests to see how well MCCC populates things if I leave pre-mades to their own devices over generations (thanks to vampire hibernation) with pregnancies happening only once a week. I'll report back soon.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
    I have seen single child households, but that was apparently a known bug posted on the AHQ, and not a mod issue. It has been fixed, because I haven't seen it in a good while. I was left with a lot of orphans, and moved them into a house with a single townie "caregiver". Probably not necessary, but didn't have the heart to just delete them. Figured I'd gather them all in one place, instead of them being moved into homes by themselves.

To be honest, I have tweaked MCCC a lot, because I didn't like what was happening. It was marrying off premades I had plans for myself, and 8 out of 10 couples were same gender. Now, I don't mind that, at least half my played sims are exactly that, probably more when I think about it. But it was too much. And it messed up my plans. The tweaking is probably why I don't have full families generated anymore, only single YA/A. I'll need to look into that.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    All I know is that I have MCCC prevent NPC Sims from doing anything, so that the world remains original until I decide it should change. I don't normally have aging enabled, so breeding Sims would clutter my game very quickly. Also, premades moving in with randoms due to marriage will place them in my unfavored households section and be culled. That's a big no for me. Nothing happens without my consent. I wish MCCC had a "disable random townies" option, as we apparently won't get it otherwise.

I haven't tried OP's proposal. It would require massive micro managing and I'm just not up for that. Heh, but it could be fun using MCCC's setting to allow teens and family members to breed/interbreed. Heck, you could even populate a neighborhood using the same two Sims. I propose that as a challenge in fact ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

For cutting down on random sims, townieoverhaul_lessfame by bienchen does this well, only allowing essential sims to be generated

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
    For cutting down on random sims, townieoverhaul_lessfame by bienchen does this well, only allowing essential sims to be generated

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/

Do you know how this compares to NPCC by Paulson?
    I've read NPCC can cause issues like save corruption, and the game does not like when it can't find a Sim for an essential role.

Bienchen's mod cuts it down to the bare minimum while still letting the game do core functions without player input.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I have it set so that homeless Sims will not move into houses. I have the marriage percentages set very low (less than 5%) and same with the pregnancy settings. Only opposite sex couples can get physically pregnant, and adoption only happens 1% for straight couples and something more like 15% for same-sex couples.

I saw someone else mentioned that in order to help with population control, they set it so that only married couples have babies. This wasn't out of some moral idea but it meant that they had to first pass through the "marriage" check and then another check for pregnancy, which exponentially cut down.

So far, the balance feels about right the way I have my settings but I will try adding that last one if it grows out of hand.

Do you all just sometimes delete some Sims when it starts to get too huge? That should be possible in "Other Households" tab, right? Any problems with doing that?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    I frequently delete sims in "Other", the "Not currently in world" crowd. Haven't noticed any problems yet. I've probably deleted some who were friends with my sims, but tbh they have so many friends (because the game is pushy and want every sim to be friends with every other sim. Its my pet peeve) I don't know the names of half of them. My sims don't seem to care, I don't care.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I just send my 400 year old Prime Master Vampire to the Nightclub when I feel the townies are getting out of control. The burst of anger does the trick nicely and a lot more entertaining. He’s always happy to help me with this. 😈
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    It must work. I have saves that I play on Long. But invariably when I go to move one of the kids who is grown into their own place, I find it hard to find a lot that isn't already occupied. I was reminded of this when I started a brand new game save and saw how empty the worlds were up front.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I have it set so that homeless Sims will not move into houses. I have the marriage percentages set very low (less than 5%) and same with the pregnancy settings. Only opposite sex couples can get physically pregnant, and adoption only happens 1% for straight couples and something more like 15% for same-sex couples.

I saw someone else mentioned that in order to help with population control, they set it so that only married couples have babies. This wasn't out of some moral idea but it meant that they had to first pass through the "marriage" check and then another check for pregnancy, which exponentially cut down.

So far, the balance feels about right the way I have my settings but I will try adding that last one if it grows out of hand.

Do you all just sometimes delete some Sims when it starts to get too huge? That should be possible in "Other Households" tab, right? Any problems with doing that?

Great settings! Mine are similiar now. Although my marriages are at 15 percent. Pregnancy percentages are I believe at 10...right now. So yes, I did the same with only married couples having kids. When that setting was off, I had one guy impregnate 15 different sims (in his defense, the pregnancy percentage was higher), but I thought it was a little ridiculous considering he was married. I do delete sims when there is too many.

Do you have "move out single sims" setting on? I wish there was a percentage for this but it seems to be 100% (as long as there are houses/apartments available)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have MCC and I don't do anything with population control. I don't mind what the game gives me. If I don't like a generated Sim I go to manage worlds and delete them. The game will generate a new Sim.

I have don't fill empty houses but that's game options. If not I changed it so no one moves into empty houses.

I let the NPC Sims progress on their own. I did notice that the same Sims marry each other and the offspring stays the same in every save. When I get a new pack and start a new save some partners do change otherwise they stay the same.

I only use MCC to make the days longer, no relationship decay and to keep marriages intact. Also, I adjusted motive decay to account for the longer day. I think I changed it to 50. I changed seasons to 14 days (or is that game options or the mod? I forget) and pregnancy lasts 7 days in my game.

I used the mod to turn off emotional death and I right click to give recipes to my Sim and do other stuff. I use the cheats on the Sim and mailbox by right clicking all the time. Usually for motive control before a party or something. Sometimes I use it to change a trait without going into cas and I sometimes use it to summon Sims. Everything else is left to whatever the mod calls default.

I don't do any flags or mess with skill rate, population etc.
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Great settings! Mine are similiar now. Although my marriages are at 15 percent. Pregnancy percentages are I believe at 10...right now. So yes, I did the same with only married couples having kids. When that setting was off, I had one guy impregnate 15 different sims (in his defense, the pregnancy percentage was higher), but I thought it was a little ridiculous considering he was married. I do delete sims when there is too many.
    >
    > Do you have "move out single sims" setting on? I wish there was a percentage for this but it seems to be 100% (as long as there are houses/apartments available)

Thanks! It actually makes a lot of sense to change to only married families having kids if you're obsessed with the genetics like I am. It's fun to scroll through the "Other Households" and look at the evolving families. It's confusing when the kids are coming from all different fathers and look really random. :joy:

Since I don't allow any homeless move-ins at all, I don't have a need for singles move-out. I prefer to only have played characters living in the lots, with a few exceptions (the big celebrities are in their homes, and one unplayed vampire family is in their home).
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > I have MCC and I don't do anything with population control. I don't mind what the game gives me. If I don't like a generated Sim I go to manage worlds and delete them. The game will generate a new Sim.
    >
    > I have don't fill empty houses but that's game options. If not I changed it so no one moves into empty houses.
    >
    > I let the NPC Sims progress on their own. I did notice that the same Sims marry each other and the offspring stays the same in every save. When I get a new pack and start a new save some partners do change otherwise they stay the same.
    >
    > I only use MCC to make the days longer, no relationship decay and to keep marriages intact. Also, I adjusted motive decay to account for the longer day. I think I changed it to 50. I changed seasons to 14 days (or is that game options or the mod? I forget) and pregnancy lasts 7 days in my game.
    >
    > I used the mod to turn off emotional death and I right click to give recipes to my Sim and do other stuff. I use the cheats on the Sim and mailbox by right clicking all the time. Usually for motive control before a party or something. Sometimes I use it to change a trait without going into cas and I sometimes use it to summon Sims. Everything else is left to whatever the mod calls default.
    >
    > I don't do any flags or mess with skill rate, population etc.

Yes, forgot to mention that my days are a little longer (set at 35 I believe). I made the days very slightly longer and the motive decays are at 60%. This also helps slow down the ballooning population just a tad.

One really fun thing that happened due to autonomous and risky Woohoo being enabled - I have a married couple with two almost-grown teenage boys. The husband's brother is always coming over and hanging out, and he kept flirting with the wife. Since I consider her loyal, I had her tell him "Just be Friends," and they agreed. But the next day he came back over and before I could even touch it, first thing he does is grab her and jump in the shower with her. Immediately she got pregnant. I shrugged and rolled with it. Turns out she's not as loyal as I thought, and her husband has no idea that late-in-life baby is actually his brother's!

The other mod I use is the Chemistry System and that really adds a lot of randomness in. It's the one thing I miss most from Sims 2 and really couldn't enjoy this game like I did Sims 2 without these two mods working together.