The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Gameplay Trailer Reviews Thread.

2...Next

Comments

• Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    My experience with The Sims 4 tells me that the reason why it felt like the gameplay trailer didn't show much that we haven't seen already is because there is nothing else to show.

That is the expansion pack people, that's it, there's no super big feature they are hiding that will suddenly make the pack suddenly seem attractive if you weren't into it yet.

Yeah. It's hard to make a great gameplay trailer when your pack has very little new gameplay. So then you just have to market in trendy sayings and childish feel-goodisms to try to sell your product, I guess.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2020
    Renato10 wrote: »
    The thing is... It is a gameplay trailer but we didn't see much more than in the first one. I hate how they are marketing The Sims nowadays. They are talking to us like if we are 2 years old kids. Aren't they proud of the long time simmers anymore?

Exactly. It feels very condescending and dismissive of those who have loved the sims for years as a smart franchise. Ugh.

ETA: Man that whole thing made me cringe. It's embarrassing.
    Post edited by Placebo7 on
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I hate how they are marketing The Sims nowadays. They are talking to us like if we are 2 years old kids. Aren't they proud of the long time simmers anymore?

No, I'm afraid they aren't. I think the 20th anniversary fiasco showed that quite clearly. The only Simmers that matter to them these days are the young kids they're so painfully trying to appeal to. Never mind the fact that it's us older, long-time Simmers that have the disposable cash to spend on their product.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I liked the ladder animation, the insect farm and the vertical gardens and I will use the jacket of the main female character for my guys. The rest looked quite bad, especially the giant machines. I hope we don't need another special crafts table for the candles which then would stand in a 22 km long row besides the normal crafts table, the spooky ct, the flower ct, the archeology ct, the robotic ct, the weather station and the SV spy station.

The candle craft station is actually made up of TWO objects, a desk and a wax barrel, it takes up 3 tiles. :joy:

Why am I not surprised 😁
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    At least this time they’re being upfront about selling actual trash.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    At least this time they’re being upfront about selling actual trash.
    The only thing this pack is missing is a dumpster fire which would truly complete it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TSimkins2834TSimkins2834 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm hoping the livestream shows more. I used to really enjoy going to the dump in Sims 3 (or was it Sims 2? I've been playing since the beginning) to scavenge for parts, etc. I'm happy that off-the-grid will finally be usable. The build/buy and new craftables look good. My real complaint is the narration. Good grief, can you get any more cringey or preachy? That part was a fail. Watch it without sound and pause to look at the stuff. Much more watchable. I've pre-ordered and am looking forward to the pack.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I thought both trailers were the same too. But I am getting story ideas of trying the death by flies on this Knox guy. It's a hard Knox life on him. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hate how they are marketing The Sims nowadays. They are talking to us like if we are 2 years old kids. Aren't they proud of the long time simmers anymore?

No, I'm afraid they aren't. I think the 20th anniversary fiasco showed that quite clearly. The only Simmers that matter to them these days are the young kids they're so painfully trying to appeal to. Never mind the fact that it's us older, long-time Simmers that have the disposable cash to spend on their product.

I keep hearing people say this but what about all the parents who buys games for their kids? When I was little my dad use to buy me whatever game I asked for. And we were far from being rich.
    My sister spends atleast 30 dollars a week buying robux for her kid. And then i saw all these other kids in roblox wearing and using things that they could only have if they spent mucho money on robux. And of course their parents brought it for them.

Doesn't seem so unreasonable to market it to kids. Though I'm not saying it's right to leave loyal fans in the dust or anything. I just think it's normal for a business to constantly aim for the new generation.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(