Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite feature, even tiny one, in the franchise? (Not just the "main" games!)

Mine are the open worlds in The Sims 3 and buying clothes for your sim to wear in The Sims 2!!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Retail in Sims 2.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Traveling in TS4.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Multitasking in sims 4
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Just building in all of them!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Everything and most favorite are the aliens.
    :) Smile!

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    The chest hair from TS3.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think it was in Sims 2, but there was a fast forward function where you could fast forward just until the person was done with a specific action. That was fantastic.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Medieval Grim, colour wheel and create a style from TS3.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    ^ That was Sims 3, I do miss that with Sims 4. I like having point driven goals like aspirations and whims or in Sims 3 wishes.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I liked pumping the water gun to shoot aliens in sims 2 ds
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    I do love the multitasking in TS4. Build mode capabilities improve with each new edition of Sims, which is what I do the most. I have loved building in TS4, which is probably why I could never really go back to TS3. That being said, TS3 had amazing design capabilities, since everything could be customized. I miss that, because sometimes there are furniture pieces that I like, but I hate all of their paint selections. For instance, the double canopy bed in Get Famous. There are only like two color options that I like for that, so that can be frustrating at times.
  • PolyhedragonPolyhedragon Posts: 10 New Member
    I love the way magic is handled in TS4. The spells, potions, dueling, the Magic HQ... so much fun! I also like that I can place caught fish in an aquarium. Seeing Captain Fishbones swimming around with that goofy smile on his skull is priceless.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Three way tie between:

Burglars
    Turn-ons and Turn-offs
    Wants and Fears
    wJbomAo.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I loved fears in sims 2.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    How chairs tucked themselves under dining tables in TS2 when you enter Live Mode.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I like how, in TS2, TS3, and TS4, sims can age and have kids.
    @superkyle221 It was actually TS3! Also, it would automatically fast forward when all of your sims were asleep or at work and go back to regular speed when someone woke up or left work.
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    The memory system was amazing! I love looking back at my sims first kiss, or that time they saw a ghost. TS3.
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • DefinitelyNotASimDefinitelyNotASim Posts: 2 New Member
    Multitasking and the ability to move houses-and-or rooms around the lot in TS4.
  • SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    Probably the edit town in TS3. And I like how there is a world editor and everything
    The memory system was amazing! I love looking back at my sims first kiss, or that time they saw a ghost. TS3.

I remember, in TS3, I had a sim who had many memories with his wife. They met as kids, so his first memory was doing homework with her. He also had memories of his first kiss and going steady as a teenager, getting married to her as a young adult, etc, up until the last memory, which was her dying when he was an elder. It was really sad, but I’m glad he had the memories to look back on.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Giving babies baths in the sink from 2.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Open world. That is everything to me and why I don't play TS2 as much (and TS1 if I could run it on my current computer) and why I won't even touch TS4.

• BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Well i generally like both Building and Gameplay but the things i enjoyed the most... from TS1 i love that they whistled to the music which you can still get them to do in TS2 with the "Happy Shopping" speaker LOL, in TS2 i love the Chefs seeing them toss and flip food, trying it with their finger and going "Ahh... mmm..." LOL, i love the Waiters how they took your orders on a notebook and brought your food back on a silver tray and went "Wullah!" LOL, then my fave Expansion is definitely Seasons but the most thing i did in that is Gardening i planted quite a lot of vegetables and fruit and i love the Skill Badges.

I love Fishing too that's fun and i like the TS2 Pets Expansion, the dogs are fun to look after and i accidentally adopted a Finicky Adult Dog to a family with a small house that looks like it was built in a forest surrounded by trees with a pond and it was really fun and terrifying trying to figure out what was wrong and basically he was SO Finicky he would only eat out of the most expensive bowl, it had to be fresh food, the bowl had to be near his owners room on the balcony too and he only wanted to sleep on the owners bed, once he almost starved to death and kept eating snow and then got taken away but lucky i saved it soon before that, eventually i just decided to keep an eye on his hunger levels and then when it dropped lower just feed him a few treats and he was good LOL i think the poor guy went through some rough times. I loved making Snowmen too and then waiting for the Penguin to come and talk to it and all the little fun interactions in between like the Toddler dancing to music while sitting on the floor.

I'm definitely going to enjoy Gardening and Fishing in The Sims 4 and i liked sending them to a Hotel on Vacation but i didn't do it as much as i'd like to have but i'm not going to buy any Packs just for the destinations i'm good pretending and just building my own Vacation Home. Finally i liked sending my Sims shopping but it just didn't ever turn out to be as fun as i wanted it to be sadly but i liked getting them some new jewelry and clothes.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TS1: the little pond where you can sail little boats and feed fish
    TS2: that screenshots are linked to the households, not a general pot & they display in order taken; the attention to detail - stone wall & floor tiles actually look like stone, wood has texture, sound when sim walked on floor varied with floor type & footwear, sim hair moves, could go on and on with that one; body shop; memory system; depth of sim characterization...
    TS3: Horses & unicorns
    TS4: CAS - almost a game in its own right, and often more fun than the rest of it.