Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Livestream (May 21st, 11AM PT)

Comments

• MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2020
    I didn't catch the stream on Thursday so I'm watching it now. I'm at around 1h40m in now and it's selling the pack much better than the trailer. I just said to a friend that it's a realy shame the trailer was so bad, because most people probably aren't going to buy it now, because they're not going to watch a +2h livestream and the trailer really didn't do the pack justice. So far I'm loving almost everything about the pack, the only thing that bugs me (and it isn't pack-specific) is that all those machines are so BIG. When I make fizzy drinks at home literally all I need is a stovetop and some bottles to put it in. The idea that you would need this gigantic machine for something so simple is just annoying. Same with the cupcake machine from a previous pack (was it Cool Kitchen Stuff? I'm not sure). Some hobbies/crafts really do require a bigger table, like woodworking of flower arranging, but others don't, and it's so annoying to get another bulky gigantic thing taking up more space than it should. By now, I need an entire house just for those skill items :anguished:

Edit: I have preordered the pack. The livestream really convinced me, and I am actually excited to get this pack. I am super interested to see how it affects the game, and all the new CAS and B&B items look amazing. So I give the livestream ALL the credit, and the creators of the trailers none, sorry to put it so bluntly. I'm sure they worked hard on those trailers, but it didn't show anything except some new items, which isn't enough to convince people to pay around 40whatevercurrency for an expansion pack.
    Post edited by MikkiMikkiMikkiM on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I enjoyed the livestream and SimGuruGeorge's quirky walkthrough of it. There is so much in this pack and it must have been difficult to co-ordinate the Gurus co-operating over the internet with no one but him to check on sound levels etc as in the studio.

I have just seen a very commendable look through of all the objects on the Sims Community Site for those who appear to be annoyed and unwilling to lay down their hard earned cash. Deligracy, lilsimsie and others will let their opinions be known too I expect, critical or otherwise so never fear Simmers. You'll be amply catered for. B)

As far as I can see this pack is going to provide me with lots to do for the next couple of months, using those new lots in all of the worlds it can be used in, taking me up to Nifty Knits or whatever it's called now. :)

Keep safe everybody. (I think I'm going a bit nuts with all this single self-isolation)! <3>:)

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Next time, they either need to have someone else do the livestream... or this guy seriously needs to learn how to be better at it. Because he didn't even show every CAS item (like other live streams have done). Also, he barely even showed ANYTHING for the male Sims (he didn't even show the clothes for male child or toddler Sims at all). I stopped watching after that.

This was extremely disappointing... if the attempt here was to convince me to buy this pack, it was an epic failure... just saying! I actually took a chance on this livestream because I wanted to see if anything about this pack was redeemable, but I have no idea what I'm actually gonna be getting IF I actually do end up purchasing it.

Also, his cocky "you guys will all be buying it, so you'll be able to see everything" attitude was condescending at best. It was rather rude, actually. No, I won't just be blindly buying it without knowing everything I'll be getting with it... show us EVERYTHING the pack comes with! Not just the stuff YOU wanna show because YOU assume we're all just blindly purchasing whatever you give us.
    I think that was just a bit of humour, to be honest. He was a nice guy. Like when he said the denim skirt/trouser combination was a fan favourite when he knew it wasn't.

Yeah I think he was just being sarcastic :D I didn't think he was being cocky or rude at all. He did a great job with the livestream. The gurus are also tweeting away with info on gameplay that they missed or didn't have time to cover. :blush:

giphy.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Duvelina wrote: »
    So will Willow Creek get trashed and polluted too? They didn't answer very clearly

No. No trash, just smog and acid rain.

Happy to hear about the smog and acid rain, slightly disappointed there won't be trash in other worlds

This was probably stated before, but I read somewhere that you can use a lot trait to get more trash on a lot in any world. So if you create an industrial lot in Willow Creek you can have more than smog and acid rain.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    I just watched the live-stream and he did a great job. I'm more impressed with the EP after watching and the kinds of set-ups you can create across your worlds, from survivalists to farms, to craft stores & breweries (with GTW), and the link with seasons and IL is pretty good. I also think it was great they added a couple apartments, expanding apartments beyond San Myshino/CL! Happy to see some of the new updates coming to everyone... yes the ladders, but also others like the redo of the Sim inventory!
    Also... firefighters!!!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Next time, they either need to have someone else do the livestream... or this guy seriously needs to learn how to be better at it. Because he didn't even show every CAS item (like other live streams have done). Also, he barely even showed ANYTHING for the male Sims (he didn't even show the clothes for male child or toddler Sims at all). I stopped watching after that.

This was extremely disappointing... if the attempt here was to convince me to buy this pack, it was an epic failure... just saying! I actually took a chance on this livestream because I wanted to see if anything about this pack was redeemable, but I have no idea what I'm actually gonna be getting IF I actually do end up purchasing it.

Also, his cocky "you guys will all be buying it, so you'll be able to see everything" attitude was condescending at best. It was rather rude, actually. No, I won't just be blindly buying it without knowing everything I'll be getting with it... show us EVERYTHING the pack comes with! Not just the stuff YOU wanna show because YOU assume we're all just blindly purchasing whatever you give us.

I didn't think too much of it (maybe I just didn't care that much about CAS or because I like discovering things on my own). Have you seen Deligracy's CAS video on YouTube yet? She uploaded it yesterday and showed off all the items.

yeah, if I wanted to see more of the CAS, I'd go looking for game changers reviews of it. I was happy that the guru livestream focused more on gameplay instead.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    So will Willow Creek get trashed and polluted too? They didn't answer very clearly

Happy to hear about the smog and acid rain, slightly disappointed there won't be trash in other worlds

This was probably stated before, but I read somewhere that you can use a lot trait to get more trash on a lot in any world. So if you create an industrial lot in Willow Creek you can have more than smog and acid rain.

I'm guessing they didn't make it automatic, because if they did, people would soon get tired of it, and start complaining about it getting in the way of their gameplay in other worlds. This way it's opt in, rather than in the way;
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    We can name the fake meat wall. :D:D

Murdered sims!

The meat wall is going to end up in many a number of basements...
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The pants/skirt combo actually was my favorite CAS item.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Just finished watching, and WOW! So much contents, I love both that it's community related and that there are more ways to play families differently! I might even consider starting a home based power business, LOL.

I have many questions, but will probably find more info shortly. Just one thing - did anyone get whether the new apartments are restricted to the new world, or can this kind of apartments be added to any world? If there is a lot trait and then the build can be duplicated... hmmmm
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    To be honest I am glad they did not spend forever on CAS like they do on some streams. I prefer for them to take their time on gamplay and CAS and build buy can be shown by even a pic that gets released

On that I have to agree as I never paid attention to CAS items and more into features in EPs. I think this pack is on the same level as GT which for me is one of those rare moments that EA/Maxis did something good and even though I still do not see any features that will bring Sims 4 to the next level, the pack for me is good and I will see how much mileage I get out of it. I agree with Iisamwitt If this was an SP then I would look at CAS much more and GPs look like it is an balanced combination of an SP and EP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    To be honest I am glad they did not spend forever on CAS like they do on some streams. I prefer for them to take their time on gamplay and CAS and build buy can be shown by even a pic that gets released

Absolutely this. It's enough for me to see each piece, I don't need to see every single swatch on everything.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    11 lots
    Did anyone catch how many lots?!!

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.
    Did anyone catch how many lots?!!

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.

I just saw 😭 guess that person was wrong. Which means probably wrong about everything else too.

To clarify 11 stand alone lots plus 2 apartment buildings with two liveable spaces in each of those apartments( 1 apartment = 2 livable lots) which =15 in total, so they were correct.

There are 11 lots. Otherwise we are doing some liveable to commercial ratio, which seems silly. There are 11 lots where 2 of those 11 lots are apartments.

I can assure you there is nothing silly about what I said. I clarified there are 11 completely editable lots plus 2 apartments and contained within them 2 lots are inside each of them.

We do not know if these apartments can only act as apartments or they can be changed into a different lot type. I have no clue what you were meaning with the liveable to commercial ratio because most lots with the exception of some City Living apartments you can change the lot types to be whatever you want after you get the pack. They also might not follow the same rules and guidelines that City Living apartments have ( with the exception of the outside not being editable by moving outer walls or exterior color, unless the whole town facade changes through action plans and the apartment buildings will then look different). They already confirmed that they have no elevators and no landlords making them already different from City Living.

Not everyone may consider this but apartments have lots contained within them; when your playing a household and live in the same building with an npc Sim, if you visit the npc Sim you hit a load screen just to visit next door. Anytime you visit/travel and hit that load screen you're loading a new lot. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

These sources are also saying 15 lots confirmed
    (and this is after the livestream not during the rumor that I was confirming was correct).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extratime.media/2020/05/22/sims-4-eco-lifestyle-expansion-apartment-exterior-build-details/

https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-evergreen-harbor-world-map/

Edit: There are also 13 structures preset on the map not 11.
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited May 2020
    liliaeth wrote: »

I didn't think too much of it (maybe I just didn't care that much about CAS or because I like discovering things on my own). Have you seen Deligracy's CAS video on YouTube yet? She uploaded it yesterday and showed off all the items.

yeah, if I wanted to see more of the CAS, I'd go looking for game changers reviews of it. I was happy that the guru livestream focused more on gameplay instead.

I'm not interested in the CAS items and I get bored really fast when the game changers show them, so I always skip that part. That's something what I can do when I play the game by myself. I was happy that it was just a short part in the live stream. If it would have been much longer, I would had skip that stream too. I really enjoyed the two hours, they were entertaining and I didn't want to miss a minute for picking up some water.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

I actually prefer this approach. One of my favourite things to do upon purchasing a new pack is to look at the new content myself. It's the first thing I do after installation. It's been less exciting when I've already seen 95% of the CAS or build/buy items in the stream, as happened with University and ROM. I think streams should be more about the new gameplay, with a flavour of the new CAS and furnishings.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I give this pack 2 thumbs up and can't wait to buy this pack. I have gone from being angry about this pack to being excited about this pack. I created a list of pros and cons I wanted to share, but the list was too long. I have lots of pros and very few cons. I love that we can turn off game play options associated with this pack, though I think I'd like to play with them on.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Would have commented sooner but uni got in the way.

A very good livestream, and I'm ashamed to admit I judged this pack too soon thanks to the lackluster trailers. In future I'll hold off on forming an opinion until I've seen a livestream.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Can you eat from the meat wall? Or just beat it?
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

But I need, I will trash! It is disapointed for me! I do not like this.... It is stuck on half way... As all tS4. I buy it, but I am not exicted
    No effect for everyday play... Only rain and smog.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can you eat from the meat wall? Or just beat it?

Yes you can eat it! You can also name it lol
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Incredible!
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Unicronplayz37Unicronplayz37 Posts: 16 Member
    cas is my favorite so many options and especially, hair choices!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    And massage it. Which doesn't sound creepy at all..... :lol
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Can you eat from the meat wall? Or just b

eat it?

Yes you can eat it! You can also name it lol

• ElkElk Posts: 14 New Member
    Awesome!