Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yaaay I finally found it :D I had some paintings my sim painted from reference that were triggering the "modded" warning. In case anyone would like to download, you can find it here :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I am going to attempt bunk beds with the new ladders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Like legit ones? Because I’m all over that.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm currently on a rotational save of one family per town, so I'll create a household & work them into that save. They probably won't get played right away, because I rotate alphabetically and the surname I've chosen for them is pretty far down the list.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wasn't overly excited when I first heard about Eco Lifestyle. After watching the livestream though, I think I will have a lot more fun with it than I expected. I like to play everything with my main sim if it suits his personality/story and so I will be playing Eco Lifestyle with his household like always. He is an immortal vampire and therefore it makes sense that the future of his world is especially important to him. He is also a neat sim and his partner loves the outdoors, so they will of course be going green. He is going to love some of the community action plans, especially the ones about going back to the old days and the performing arts. I can also see him really enjoying a community garden or maker space. I quite like the idea of him becoming a freelance crafter and building him a cute little arts and crafts shop to sell candles, knitted stuff, paintings, sculptures etc., but I haven't decided this yet. He will definitely enjoy making scented candles though and hopefully they will help him to relax more during the day. I have so many ideas and I can't wait to start playing!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I can see this game working with my inventors, artists & gardeners.
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    It's still not really my speed but I like the build/buy objects and that one lot with the crane so ~shrug~
    &PHgr;
    Looking at Sulani the way it's now in my game and me finally being content with the bar and library & Plumbella's restaurant, a couple of nice family homes (not all finished) and my Animal Crossing sim, I think I might turn the shipwreck lot into a community center! I've never done anything with that lot because I love the shipwreck and don't want to change it. But I know if I were to play an actual rags to riches story on it, I'd eventually tear it down because .. well I just would.

So maybe, if I feel up to the tasks, I can create all 3 versions of the community lots in a way that preserves the shipwreck but turns it into three lovely little community spaces for Sulani!
    uKbGpTm.png
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Spice Market in San Myshuno sounds like a good neighbourhood to have a red district reputation, free love or not. :joy:

i now have this weird concept of having my own complex of brothel apartments with women offering massages on thier massage tables....

• orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    @SimTrippy I just realized I can’t put pictures in yet since I’m still a new member. Sorry, I’ll update all of these when I get promoted.

Your house looks amazing! You really nailed that islander feel. I’m getting “I was earning six digits a month in the city but that’s not the life for me” vibes from it. Hope that makes sense. ;)

I totally understand the window thing. There are some in my current build that I’d want adjusted too. And speaking of windows, have you seen all of the new ones we’re getting? I have big plans for that massive sliding door for another build. I’m just too excited for this pack!
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I’m going to dirty up San Myshuno a bit and clean the new world, but since I have multiple saves I’ll leave the new world dirty in at least one of them.
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I just realized I can’t put pictures in yet since I’m still a new member. Sorry, I’ll update all of these when I get promoted.

Your house looks amazing! You really nailed that islander feel. I’m getting “I was earning six digits a month in the city but that’s not the life for me” vibes from it. Hope that makes sense. ;)

I totally understand the window thing. There are some in my current build that I’d want adjusted too. And speaking of windows, have you seen all of the new ones we’re getting? I have big plans for that massive sliding door for another build. I’m just too excited for this pack!

Here's an awesome to help you become a member soon! Looking forward to seeing your build :D And thanks haha, it was actually a tiny living build first, then got expanded to accommodate the family, but these guys were actually pretty rich so I think your description isn't too far off. They were living small coz they could, not because they needed to :joy:

And yeeeeeeeees so many new windows and build possibilities! Can't wait for the patch to start editing everything :D

If it works please share!
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I'll probably go into Sulani first to update my off the grid lots, and my nudists camp will get the new free love trait. I also have quite a few Sims with various retail stores that will get updated inventory.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Like legit ones? Because I’m all over that.
    Well just a matter of using different levels and adding ladders. Simmers have done it before with split levels, but with the ladders it is going to be much easier to do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0PGah0Smo
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    My opinion is still the same as it was before... I'm not paying $40 for a game pack. They can slap the "expansion pack" label on this dreadful thing all they want, but it's a game pack, regardless of how they try spinning it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, I still hate it and won't be buying, even on sale.

The world is just not my personal taste: I hate hate hate the concrete flooring everywhere, the construction junk and harsh lines of a squared off river, mined areas, chain link fences, the Pripyat style housing that I can't edit, those hideous apartment buildings that we can't edit... all of it. I just hate the entire world. I hate it even more when it's "clean" because it's still just as much of an eyesore, but now with random trees and no actual green spaces. It's also tiny: 11 lots? What a slap in the face.

The gameplay features are still just recycled animations with no depth and they're so incredibly niche.
    * Fizzy juice: I don't care about making fizzy drinks - we can already drink everywhere. There's nothing to do in this game but go to bars and drink. Insect farms are honestly an insult, I want actual farms.
    * Insect houses: What could possibly be fun about clicking on a box, sending my sim over to cuddle a worm (using exactly the same animation as MFP stuff) and maybe eating bugs? Why?
    * Ugly robot machine things: oh great, more oversized and hideous robotic contraptions to make objects I don't use or need.
    * The new traits are narrow and overly specific: I don't want traits that are as specific as "juice-aholic". I want overarching ideas that impact what my sims like/dislike, want/fear, are good at/terrible at.
    * Apartment buildings: I hated them in Get Together, I hate them now. We can't edit the outside, we can't change the windows, we can't build our own apartments. They're always ugly, dim and awkwardly built.
    * Voting for the lot: Also super ugly, and not any different to just building what we want to build on a community lot in the first place. I've had community gardens in my game since the base game, and it doesn't disappear because some idiot sim decided to make it a market place.
    * Candles: why? What's interesting about that.
    * Off the grid: already exists.
    * Clean the world: already exists.

$40 for a game pack, and one that doesn't appeal to me at all, no thanks. I'm happy for those of you that genuinely like this pack, but I'm really mad that they dedicated time and resources into this recycled trash that could have been used for something that would revolutionise romance (chemisty, attraction system, starsigns?, etc) or generational play, or give us more widely appealing gameplay.

In fact there were precisely two things I liked in the entire boring gameplay video: ladders and free placement of doors/windows. Both of which will be patched in for free.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited May 2020
    2nd plan.
    I am bringing this over from another thread.

Evergreen Harbor is going to be more of a challenge world for me where the end goal is to get out to the nicer homes I have in Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay. :D
    I wish the lots were smaller though. It would be awesome if the property values reflected the condition of the neighborhood.

Rags to riches and extreme starter homes, meaning the starter homes will be pure shipping containers in pre-set configurations set on the corner of the lot and have to be moved into place and retrofitted. All lots are off-the-grid. All areas in Evergreen Harbor will be in the Industrial State. My sims will work to make their homes and the town livable, and save and hustle money, before they move out.

The scenario is my Uni grads heard about Evergreen Harbor and see it as a way to save money as they start their climb up their career ladder, invest in a business, or buying a vacation home in Sulani. I have a lot of sims that will be going to Uni soon. Maybe some sims will stay if I come to love the area, but right now, I find the lots are a bit isolated and depressing, despite the green state. I don't mind fake houses in the background as much, but it bothers me when my sim is surrounded by them. I just get a dead feeling from this world.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    edited May 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Now that we know it won't be as bad as we all feared and many of us, myself included, have decided to get the pack: what are you planning to do with Eco Lifestyle?

This is really the first pack where I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to approach it and with whom. I want to continue with my regular sim and complete the two new aspirations but I also want to play a totally off the grid household and take advantage of the new off the grid features and new crafting features.

Edit: I wish we could live in Granite Falls as that seems the perfect off the grid environment for me. I think I might look for a nice secluded location in Glimmerbrook, Britechester, or Windinburg.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    @CK213 I get the same feeling for Evergreen Harbor. I'll definitely clean it up but wouldn't consider making it a permanent home for my sims. I need to give some thought to what types of community lots I'd like to have there.
    @Lustianicia @MoonfoxNightcry I totally understand having your reservations, but let's try to stay on topic of this thread. There is however this great thread by @FurSimsOfficial. They make one for most pack releases I think and are perfect for those types of discussions :) Just want to avoid any unnecessary discussions here! Thanks for understanding.

@simgirl1010 Planning on approaching it in your usually slow-incorporating way or is even that hard to figure out? Maybe one of your families could use a bunch of eco stuff to update their home? Maybe one of your sim kids could become a civic engineer and move to this town after their university studies? Just thinking out loud :D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I'll need to think it over a bit more, but basically this pack seems to fit pretty well with the way I play my game, having a Council and having a Hood Contact in each hood etc. The Hood Contacts might try to affect the public voting.
    I'll industrialize some of my poor hoods, such as the right side hood of Willow Creek, Spice Market and probably the right side hood of Oasis Springs as well. Also Strangerville Plaza might get into the red ECO wise.
    I'll have community space lot in some of my hoods, but we have too few lots to allow for that lot category in every single hood. I now realize there will be a community voting only in hoods with the community space lot... the other worlds will probably focus more on their Activity Plan.

I read there will be a weekly voting, but is that limited to use of the community space lots? Because I really hope the Activity Plan won't change that often...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    The 1st thing I'm going to do is upgrade a couple of my tiny houses for off the grid living and have a bit of fun with game play. I thought it was weird we couldn't have appliances while living off the grid. Then I'll go back to playing with my main family. I haven't worked out my eco lifestyle senerio yet. There are lots of possibilities.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Another save: this will be my testing save! I'll make a new Sim, start out in a starter home in Evergreen Harbour, and play out a greening storyline.

Looks like the patch is going to mess with most of my mods and CC, so this'll be a noCC run! Current plan for my Sim is to move them into that shipping container starter in Port Promise (keeping it off the grid), set the community lot as a maker space, go dumpster diving, fabricate things, and craft stuff to make money (maybe the freelance maker career?). Lots of NAP stuff to green the place up, start growing food, all that good stuff.

Also, those containers are gonna be hot pink and yellow :D
    Another save: this will be my testing save! I'll make a new Sim, start out in a starter home in Evergreen Harbour, and play out a greening storyline.

Looks like the patch is going to mess with most of my mods and CC, so this'll be a noCC run! Current plan for my Sim is to move them into that shipping container starter in Port Promise (keeping it off the grid), set the community lot as a maker space, go dumpster diving, fabricate things, and craft stuff to make money (maybe the freelance maker career?). Lots of NAP stuff to green the place up, start growing food, all that good stuff.

Also, those containers are gonna be hot pink and yellow :D

Yeah already took out SoL to get used to playing vanilla again before the patch since she already said it might take her a little while to update :'(