Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove quirk? I've already tried the potion

I have tried the potion and it shows that I no longer have the Juice Enthusiast quirk anymore, but my sim still gets angry because of the the craving juice quirk which is not supposed to be there. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hmm, perhaps repairing the game might help? I'm not sure as I haven't used the potion myself, but I have removed/added quirks without any issues with testingcheats on, shift+clicking on the sim and choosing "public image". I'm not sure if it matters, but I also did a celebrity cleanse first and then added my sim's celebrity status back with the same cheat (since I had started a new save and wanted a new celebrity tile).
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I would say it's a bug, same bug that happened on vampire power/weakness lingering after being cured/reset, if i manually remove buff from my sims quirk/weakness it will appear again after traveling/restaring the game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    It's a bug. You can add your report here and hope it does something. :)

I don't know of any workarounds. I had to restore my sim to a version of himself before he had become a celebrity. Though I had this issue with the phone quirk instead.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited May 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    It's a bug. You can add your report here and hope it does something. :)

I don't know of any workarounds. I had to restore my sim to a version of himself before he had become a celebrity. Though I had this issue with the phone quirk instead.

Thanks Cupid, I guess I'll send my input there as well. I guess my sim is just gonna have to have that drink until there's some kind of a fix, lol!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,508 Member
    I have never had any problems using the potion to remove Quirks. As another player suggested, try repair game. If that doesn't work, go for a refresh on your gaming folder. Make sure you back-up your current one, so that your Tray and saves are intact. Do this FIRST. Then remove the folder from your documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 4. Start the game again. The folder will regenerate.

Then you can change out the empty Tray for your old Tray, and likewise, the saves for the old saves with your games intact. Then see if you're having the same problem. All this is done when the game is OFF.

Hope this helps. Happy Simming. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • witchkid44witchkid44 Posts: 3 New Member
    I had a time figuring out how the potion worked. After you buy it, you have to drink it from your inventory and your quirk is gone.