Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I think my only complaint is the CAS items. I am so happy that we’re getting new CAS items, but why can’t the team stay away from all these patterns on items or colors that don’t really do together, the sizes of the piercings... so big, and hairstyles with accessories and ombré need to have a version without it. I know there’s mods, but I don’t think we should resort to modders all the time.
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    The first pack I don't want to buy. I've played The Sims since 2000. A lot of recycling of animations and objects. Very sad state of things with a pack, especially an expansion pack. Dumpster woo hoo seems like an activity for sims whose lives have hit rock bottom. And it also seems like a commercial for politics IRL. Not entertaining, so not buying it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

I'm in desperate need. I have many families on rotation plus random townies that need homes. Plus I have various types of restaurants,cafes,parks,playgrounds,amusement parks,concert halls,bowling alleys,skating rinks,apocalyptic looking hangout places for some worlds, 2 forests,dance practice halls, 2 highschools I made,a farmers market, regular supermarkets, mall, toy store, halloween hangouts,... I could go on and on lol I'm desperate....😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Why no rubbish in other worlds. That’s the main thing I am not happy about after the livestream.

This is my complain too 😭

They can spawn leaves in autumn why not recycle this mechanics to spawn trash. Sad

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just watched James Turner's video and he changed the eco footprint in the neighborhood go from polluted to neutral by playing for 20 minutes with one sim. I had hoped for more of a challenge.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    CK213 wrote: »
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

Well, think about it. Many of us simply JUST build and other have been playing the same save since 2014. In the sims 3 I could spend a day off just building and I could fill a world the size of sunset valley in a day. Sometimes I come up with an awesome idea for a build only to be reminded that I don't have an empty lot to build on as I don't like to be forced to tear a house down for a new one, it just makes me start up the sims 3 or 2 instead.

Also:
    Oasis Spring: I simply don't like this world and won't use it. It's become the dumping ground for when I need a property occupied by some townie.
    Magnolia Promenade: It's my shopping area, so retail lots only.
    San Myshuno: I will only use it temporarily for young adults fresh out of Uni.
    Forgotten Hollow: Too creepy for most of my sims.
    Del Sol Valley: Too small and only a few lots that I find useful, and only celebrities will live there
    Strangerville: Too Strange, and I really don't like desert worlds.
    Sulani: I am using it as a destination world. Eventually most of it will be vacation homes with little room for the natives.
    Glimmer Brooke: I only have a few magical sims.
    Britechester: For students only and three of the lots have been taken up by my Prep school for teens and two college themed stores.

The above worlds are very niche and are right for a few of my sims.
    My go to worlds are Willow Creek, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay.
    I really just want one more world as nice and big as these three. Newcrest is useful, but has very little character like the others.

If you add in other factors, like not wanting to kick out the pre-mades and having homes for sims you may like to visit, but not play,
    needing a specific lot size, having a lot of sims in rotation that will be having children, having a variety of community lots, and yeah, you want more worlds.

Evergreen Harbor may be another niche world for me.
    It will give me more choices, but I can already see it's not a world I will love like my big three.

@CK213 By plum! We are playing the same game! This is exactly how I play too...right down to Sulani as a destination world (I already moved out the natives and gave them clothing makeovers -- hated how they'd show up in every other world with the tropical clothes).

As an aside, I've found Newcrest's greatest use as a sort of "university" town before Discover University came out. I still use it as a university town, mostly for sims to live while attending uni from their home or one common dorm I keep there. Plus, I have a few small restaurants, retail shops, parks, library, gym, and, of course, a coffee shop.

As for Evergreen harbor, I too am not so sure it'll be as useful to me as the big three you mentioned. Would love to hear what you end up doing with it.

And, just to keep on topic, one complaint I have since seeing the live stream is the dumpster woohoo thing. But, the sims looked happy after, so maybe it's not that bad? HAHAHA Yuck.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I just watched James Turner's video and he changed the eco footprint in the neighborhood go from polluted to neutral by playing for 20 minutes with one sim. I had hoped for more of a challenge.

And he wasn't even trying to, he was just living on an empty lot lol.
    Yeah, really not enough challenge.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

And he wasn't even trying to, he was just living on an empty lot lol.
    Yeah, really not enough challenge.

If it makes y’all feel better deligracy played in the green neighborhood and turned it neutral in 20 mins without trying. I think James playing on an empty lot may have contributed to it as nothing he was doing was actively causing pollution or damaging the environment. I think it will be harder when he gets more items and you can actively cause pollution with certain items. Here’s hoping at least.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    If I heard correctly during the stream, trash won't appear in any worlds but Evergreen - only smog, sunlight rays and the aurora. Which is a huge missed opportunity. They can make leaf piles and snow piles appear in all worlds so why not trash?

Also, 3 male hairs compared to at least 10 female hairs?

Yeah, both disappointments. When I saw the amount of hairstyles for females I thought WOAH! Loads. And then they switched to the guys and it was so obviously much much less. I suppose, though, you could say that any of the hairstyles are for any gender since we can use them like that. But I'm guessing there was no hair at all for kids and toddlers...?

I am sad about the non-trash in the other worlds.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Why no rubbish in other worlds. That’s the main thing I am not happy about after the livestream.

This is my complain too 😭

They can spawn leaves in autumn why not recycle this mechanics to spawn trash. Sad

They can. And do you know how many very disgruntled simmers there would be? People with worlds they have spent years rebuilding and populating would not be happy.

There is a lot trait you can add to make a lot trashy. Apply it to every lot if you wish.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    If I heard correctly during the stream, trash won't appear in any worlds but Evergreen - only smog, sunlight rays and the aurora. Which is a huge missed opportunity. They can make leaf piles and snow piles appear in all worlds so why not trash?

Also, 3 male hairs compared to at least 10 female hairs?

Yeah, both disappointments. When I saw the amount of hairstyles for females I thought WOAH! Loads. And then they switched to the guys and it was so obviously much much less. I suppose, though, you could say that any of the hairstyles are for any gender since we can use them like that. But I'm guessing there was no hair at all for kids and toddlers...?

I am sad about the non-trash in the other worlds.
    Yeah I don't know. Doesn't seem like all CAS were shared because there will be two new pairs of shoes. More questions to ask like that about the toddler hair. Annoys me too about female focus with all the packs and how few CAS items the young Sims get.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Also hate how males are getting screwed over ...like...seriously why so much little CAS for males ALWAYS?!
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I think the only thing I have some disappointment in is the traits and aspirations being so pack specific, but that’s a sims 4 problem not the packs. Although I do like the idea of the freegan trait.

Yeah agree, when they started talking about them I was like traits don't even feed into your sims personality anymore at this point. It's more skill based traits and not personality based traits.. So annoying. Aspirations are like mini tutorials for new packs as well.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

You can have rubbish in other worlds, I feel like a lot of people kept missing that fact. You have to use the specific lot trait to generate the trash, it’s so people who don’t want trash don’t have to have it as long as they don’t use that trait.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Also hate how males are getting screwed over ...like...seriously why so much little CAS for males ALWAYS?!
    Totally. I like guys so I want them to look good. I mean isn't that why guys make girl characters in MMO games? So I want to dress up my male Sims for me.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.

I disagree with the bandwagon and herd mentality thing. I don't see it that way at all but then again, I understand where most of those outbursts and that anger are coming from. Contrary to popular belief it isn't fun to hate or dislike a game series you've invested in.

I think people who came down hard on this pack originally, some of whom like The Sims 4, were/are tired of the way things have been with this iteration. That's why. It's bigger than just 'I don't like this pack' and I wish that was better understood. Things I and others have been saying for years were the exact same things people complaining about this pack said and are still saying. Update babies, fix personalities, improve emotions, improve teens, do more for elders than just knitting, add more lots... The problem is with the game in general, not just the pack. And sure there were also those who simply wanted a different expansion pack theme altogether, it is the 3rd or 4th time they've hit this topic where other areas are sorely lacking. And there were and still are those who feel like this isn't expansion pack worthy too (I still do) but the problem is bigger than just the EP.

EnglishSimmer actually summarized it well in her video about a week ago.

https://youtu.be/sk85rBuosbU

This is the big picture problem. The 16-18 minute mark especially because the reason their pack releases draw anger is because it feels like a shiny little distraction in front of a pile of problems. After you're done with the shiny distraction that pile of problems is still there. The base game still needs a lot of work. Actually the most excitement I see for this EP now is for the base game update though there is more relief about there being more than what the trailers showed, and some are still disgruntled that some updates took this long but better late than never. I don't think the devs would receive as much anger as they do if they'd just fix the base game and (some of them and their fans) would stop making it seem like we're just ungrateful players who love to complain, will never be happy, and are nostalgic for/glamorizing the older games that are worse than we remember even though some of us still play those games today.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My feelings exactly~!
  • Meevle_the_WeaselMeevle_the_Weasel Posts: 2 New Member
    > I did want solar panels, but in a free update or a stuff pack. Now I regret the surveys in which I indicated any interest for solar panels if this is what we get.

The surveys are like a monkeys paw situation lol.

Us: Solar panels would be nice.
    EA: *makes entire EP about solar panels*
  • Meevle_the_WeaselMeevle_the_Weasel Posts: 2 New Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > While I was watching the sims on the community lot I thought the same thing. They'll all be doing push ups, some celeb will appear for them all to gush over and 2 will be wearing the santa hat and eyeball ring. And someone will freeze to death.

"Our new sims are smarter than ever" Hmm
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    This is going to sound crazy. But although the livestream did make me feel a little bit better about the pack and I'll probably consider getting it at half-price...

The HOUSES. Those tiny little unplayable houses which look like 20x15 lots but aren't.

No, I'm not complaining that they're unplayable.

But I'm complaining as hell that they look so AWFUL. Like come on! Couldn't they look a little less bland? Why do they have to be so gray?? And the window placement! So irritating...

And they're not the only ones. I've took a careful look at all of the backdrop houses and I realised I have NEVER hated backdrop houses in the sims so much. I know they should look basic, but this...

How does Brindleton Bay pull off looking nice? Windenburg? Friggin Willow Creek!?

The world itself looks pretty decent, but all of the unplayable houses completely ruin the view :cry:

The houses won’t stay grey and drab if you improve the neighborhood. They will evolve along with it and become more colorful and modern.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Doesn't interest me. Fix the basegame first!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

You can have rubbish in other worlds, I feel like a lot of people kept missing that fact. You have to use the specific lot trait to generate the trash, it’s so people who don’t want trash don’t have to have it as long as they don’t use that trait.

For me, the disappointment is because it won't appear outside of Lots. I know we can use the Lot trait, but it would have been nice to have had the trash around the worlds too, eg. the Spice District in San Myshuno would have been perfect for it to appear around the back streets and even in the main area where the basketball is.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    For me, the disappointment is because it won't appear outside of Lots. I know we can use the Lot trait, but it would have been nice to have had the trash around the worlds too, eg. the Spice District in San Myshuno would have been perfect for it to appear around the back streets and even in the main area where the basketball is.

Exactly. I primarily use San Myshuno, and adding a lot trait won't do me any good if the trash only appears inside of my sim's apartment. I can build up trash piles inside already.

I think anyone disappointed by this will want to see trash in/around the streets and public spaces, and no lot trait will work for that.

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Exactly. I primarily use San Myshuno, and adding a lot trait won't do me any good if the trash only appears inside of my sim's apartment. I can build up trash piles inside already.

I think anyone disappointed by this will want to see trash in/around the streets and public spaces, and no lot trait will work for that.

Yes. I thought other worlds will be polluted by more than just smog. Lot trait is okay, but I wish we could have junk everywhere.
    Well, mods will help then, at least we have this nice trashy clutter now.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Quit flogging a dead horse guys & let the thread carry on. If its not on a vertical planter that is!
    I don't agree with some of the posts on here but I respect their right to speak their opinions. (If not making it personal)

To keep on topic: I agree we definitely need perhaps an overhaul of the traits system. Oh and Free the Babies (sorry) ;-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion