Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella Review of Eco Living

besides LGR I always enjoy Plumbella reviews... So here we go :3

https://youtu.be/7w1oBjkkyco

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Saw this one. I wasn’t as entertained as I usually am with her videos.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I think they should have named it "Sim's 4 Hipster Style".
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I honestly love her and her videos. ❤ I love that she's not afraid to speak her mind and call the devs out on the things that could be better. Her criticisms are always constructive and reasoned. But yeah she's my favourite Game Changer next to Simsie and James.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's difficult to watch her videos due to her accent (purely on me) and she speaks way too fast, But I prefer Carl and LGR over her though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Love Plumbella. She was right about LilSimsie almost having a heart attack over that lot but it was because she loved it. :p
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I honestly love her and her videos. ❤ I love that she's not afraid to speak her mind and call the devs out on the things that could be better. Her criticisms are always constructive and reasoned. But yeah she's my favourite Game Changer next to Simsie and James.

Mine too, we need more game changers like her.
  • Options
    moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    She was the first gamechanger I started watching actually! I found her when she was pretty low on subs and it's been so nice watching her channel grow and her confidence and style change slightly :) I think her review was good, some things I think I disagreed with but not because they weren't valid points, just differing opinions! She also always comes across as very committed to her channel, completely honest, and also very humbled by the success she has had which is really lovely!

Also, it's nice to watch someone from the UK (I watch American and Australian simmers too though!), and I have family who live very very near to her, which makes me feel an extra connection to her and some of the things she talks about, as I'm familiar with that part of the country :)
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I can only imagine what content a Plumbella review involving the word "Gentrification" will involve, given her contempt for anything that smacks of not being proper and proletarian. I'll wait for LGR's. :D
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I must be dumb but...what does "Gentrification" mean?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

I was curious too, (as English is not my native language) so I googled and got this:
    Gentrification is a general term for the arrival of wealthier people in an existing urban district, a related increase in rents and property values, and changes in the district's character and culture. The term is often used negatively, suggesting the displacement of poor communities by rich outsiders.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

I was curious too, (as English is not my native language) so I googled and got this:
    Gentrification is a general term for the arrival of wealthier people in an existing urban district, a related increase in rents and property values, and changes in the district's character and culture. The term is often used negatively, suggesting the displacement of poor communities by rich outsiders.

Yep. That's been happening in my city for the past several years. Real estate is getting crazy expensive, it's almost impossible to find anything under half a million dollars, including condos. Everything is "luxury" and "designer" and has a million bathrooms. Many of the older generational families have had to move to other, more affordable cities. It's kind of disgusting.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have nothing against Plumbella but I honestly I can't deal with her accent. :D

My favourite game changer is urbansims. I will definitely watch her videos on the new expansion.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have nothing against Plumbella but I honestly I can't deal with her accent. :D

My favourite game changer is urbansims. I will definitely watch her videos on the new expansion.

She's hilarious! I love her energy. I really like Plumbella too, she's cheeky.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020

Yeah that is the northwest for you. I am still hated for being from California but it is like people moving around is better for health because never good for everyone to know everyone. Actually found out that King Tut had twin children that didn't survive because somehow was taught with royalty, keeping it all in the family was good. I had to move to help my grandpa with home care and we couldn't afford supporting two households in a beach city.

Also your English is very good. Thanks for sharing the trailer OP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited May 2020

Yes, that's happening in my hometown too and most of the citizens hate it. My city has a lot of debts and sold their houses to big companies who squeeze out every money. The houses had to have the new ecological standards for saving energy. The old buildings has to be modernize, but the costs for it were transferred to the tenants, which is causing rents to rise sharply. The avarage wages are low here with a high unemployment rate. As consequence the not so rich people are forced to moved out to move far away, because they can't afford to live here anymore.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Neither can I and we live in the same town!
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I really want to watch her videos and like her. I'd like to think my English isn't bad and I mostly understand everything, but her speaking just goes right over my head. :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Plumbella is definitely among the best game changers we have because she takes feedback seriously and is absolutely never afraid to give it.

I've also really warmed to the English simmer over the past couple of months - especially if I want an in-depth overview of the actual gameplay in a pack. She's also really honest and humble and just kind of sweet really. Lilsimsie is cool too, albeit a bit high strung sometimes but that's just who she is I think. She makes really nice builds though and she makes me laugh. I think these 3 I always watch first.

James and Deli are okay too but often focus on stuff I personally just find less important.

And LGR is LGR of course :D he's just got the most relaxed funny voice, even when I totally disagree with him, I still love watching his reviews. He's just been around so long.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Her sense of humor is spot-on. What a doll. Total royalty. Just says what she wants. Very endearing. I enjoy trying to understand her just as much as my California friends love to decode my NYC+Midwest accent.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Daravi wrote: »

Yes, that's happening in my hometown too and most of the citizens hate it. My city has a lot of debts and sold their houses to big companies who squeeze out every money. The houses had to have the new ecological standards for saving energy. The old buildings has to be modernize, but the costs for it were transferred to the tenants, which is causing rents to rise sharply. The avarage wages are low here with a high unemployment rate. As consequence the not so rich people are forced to moved out to move far away, because they can't afford to live here anymore.
    Yeah it is a touchy subject in my country since whole country is built on that happening to Native Americans and Hispanics. Happening in other countries too people being illegally displaced from their homes, businesses, and schools. I couldn't afford where I lived anymore because of everyone wanting to get famous in LA started pushing native Californians out pricing them out. Happens near big cities in one cycle over another. Happened in Seattle too when gaming companies started moving in I heard, so yes pack is very much showing the history of colonialism and industry. Why I like that aspect of getting rid of toxic buildings. There was this paper mill that used to pollute the whole valley. When it was taken out people could breath again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Which I don't understand how this pack is gentrification. Like it's about sims cleaning up their own neighbourhood or leaving it as it is...
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    This was my first experience with Plumbella. While I don't find her accent so much of a problem on its own, she speaks so fast it's hard to understand. Thanks for posting this. I couldn't get through the entire thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Which I don't understand how this pack is gentrification. Like it's about sims cleaning up their own neighbourhood or leaving it as it is...

It isn't just the cleaning of the neighbourhood. The neighbourhood with the npc-houses will change itself. Usually "upgraded" houses have a higher value, which means rich sims could live more eco-friendly with willing to pay higher prices than the poor sim family who couldn't afford to pay such prices anymore and have to move away.
    That's the gentrification part. You can call yourself lucky, if the gentrification has never happened to you. :)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Plumbella is my favourite Game Changer, as she's not afraid to point out the negatives with the game. Her reviews and LGR's are the two that really determine whether I buy a pack or not.
    The English Simmer has recently been getting bolder, too--she's a lot more willing to talk about where the game needs improvement, and I definitely appreciate that.

Lilsimsie is good for calling out the horrible Maxis builds, but they seem to just laugh that off, "oh I wonder what Simsie will say about this lot, haha" without actually taking her seriously, which is a real downer for me: she's got valid complaints, and they just brush her off. Not fair.

Hopefully now that there's more GCs getting fed up with various aspects with this game (okay, it's only 3 GCs, but more than we used to have) hopefully Maxis will sit up and take notice.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    I love that girl! she so amazing just like her accent! Honestly her editing is so entertaining so keep doing u girl