March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More freedom in buildmode please

sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I just wanted to ask the devs to consider bringing some of the buildmode option from sims mobile into the sims 4.
In the sims mobile you are allowed to place windows and doors more freely and let them be placed in a way that it takes up 2 halves of 2 squares (bad at explaining) where as in the sims 4 it has to be placed on one square.
I find it strange that this hasn't been brought to 4 yet as it would allow for some amazingly realistic builds. Please think about it :)

@SimGuruDrake

PS. Don't know which sim guru to tag!

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Alright I just saw the stream and free window placement will come with the next patch! Thank you and.... finally 😬😊
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    What I'd like is more freedom of movement around the screen in this mode. In TS2 I can go anywhere I need to, in 4 not without extra mouse gymnastics.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I'd love to place windows close together too but not sure it can be done but it would be SO cute to make small houses where you can put all different shape and size windows on the front of the building to make close together it would look great.

> @Oldeseadogge said:
    > What I'd like is more freedom of movement around the screen in this mode. In TS2 I can go anywhere I need to, in 4 not without extra mouse gymnastics.

Switch to TS3 Camera Mode in the options you can move around a lot better :)
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »
    I'd love to place windows close together too but not sure it can be done but it would be SO cute to make small houses where you can put all different shape and size windows on the front of the building to make close together it would look great.

> @Oldeseadogge said:
    > What I'd like is more freedom of movement around the screen in this mode. In TS2 I can go anywhere I need to, in 4 not without extra mouse gymnastics.

It can be done because you can do that in the sims mobile and they share the same engine. Hopefully they update this feature to match that soon.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Awesome! i hope so too! in the latest Sims Community video the guy did comment on the fact you can't showing us how we can't and he'd really like to put the windows together too, i pray they do it, honestly a long time coming when all it took was setting the parameters of the coding and could have done it from the very start of the Sims franchise lol.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »

> @Oldeseadogge said:

I already AM in TS3 camera mode. That's what makes it so aggravating. I bailed out of TS4 mode first day I ran the game and not been back since. One more botched thing in this excuse of a game. When it comes to building, am having more fun with a 60 year old car kit.