Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I always thought it'd be great, so my plan remains the same. Add an extra aspect to my conservation families in Sulani (which is my main save) haah!
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2020
    As i said i have plans now.. i have redone my save file and started over.. i'll play one family until the new pack comes out.
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm going to integrate it into my current story. I had tried my best to turn oasis springs into an apocalyptic style world using the tool mod. Creating abandoned subways and broken down houses.

I have poor sims trying to survive off the grid. One of my main sims is struggling to get a scholarship into university in order to be able to take care of his 5 younger siblings after their parents passed away.

so now with everything that comes with this new pack I can take it to the next level!! Super excited.🤗 I don't know yet how I want to integrate the community lot and all of the new features,I have to explore them.

I may move some of my families on rotation to the new world. I'm still looking at the map of evergreen harbor now that we know the lot sizes. Deciding exactly how I want to remodel it and who I want to move there.

My rich celebrity vampires will remain in a super clean windenberg though.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    In my main save, I'm going to turn my Sulani fish market into an actual market, lol. And my lab into a maker space. And my stoner greenhouse into a community garden. Renovate them all.

My off-the-grid Game of Thrones save is getting a few tweaks.

Definitely playing out an apocalyptic scenaro.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited May 2020
    The lots of the new town are too small for me to let a sim permanently move in there, so I'm going to pollute this city with my greedy sims.

I will try out the other stuff in my favourite worlds. Since I play in a settlement save, I will try to build a eco friendly town from the beginning.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    If there are no large lots in the new world then Oasis Springs is getting trashed then slowly cleaned up. Oh the babies are still broke but our Sims can now eat bugs.
  • GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    The first thing I plan on doing is recreating Pixel Acres from Sims Bustin Out and upgrading it with some of the new items from the pack. I also intend on creating several different eco friendly communes so for when I switch back to my main Sim, he will have some sort of rivarly when he intends on making the world a much dirtier place.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I like making businesses out of items that sims do not have easy access to and don't have the time or talent to make for themselves.
    This pack will be great for that.

My Sim, Priya Ramaswami, runs an herbal shop, she has recently added potions to her wares.
    I would like to add candles and fizzy drinks.
    05_22_20_11_58_38_PM.png

I am adding shelves on the walls so I can make room for new product.
    05_22_20_8_53_13_AM.png

I will also be making use of that furniture also in Magnolia Promenade.
    I will have a maker sim set up a 3D printer there and fill it with all the furniture that can be made.

I want to also make a technology store with robots and other gizmos.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    When the pack comes out I'm probably going to do rags to riches again because the Pack basically just made for that kind of challenge
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I like making businesses out of items that sims do not have easy access to and don't have the time or talent to make for themselves.
    This pack will be great for that.

My Sim, Priya Ramaswami, runs an herbal shop, she has recently added potions to her wares.
    I would like to add candles and fizzy drinks.
    05_22_20_11_58_38_PM.png

I am adding shelves on the walls so I can make room for new product.
    05_22_20_8_53_13_AM.png

I will also be making use of that furniture also in Magnolia Promenade.
    I will have a maker sim set up a 3D printer there and fill it with all the furniture that can be made.

I want to also make a technology store with robots and other gizmos.

Wow that's pretty! Are any of your stores on the gallery by any chance? :D
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'll be using the pack as part of my supernatural save. I don't really plan to implement it into my realistic saves that much other than the candle making stuff and maybe the recycling lot trait because that is quite realistic and it makes sense.

I plan to have my evil sims start an underground bizarre fruit fizzy juice distillery and hopefully it'll help to possess the entirety of SimNation. I'll also be playing out an apocolypse scenario at the same time, too.

Not sure what to call their juice enterprise yet... I know I don't want 'bizarre fruit' in it though
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I am just planning to buy it and then figure out what to do with it.

As it comes with a new world, I probably take a random sim from a random household to a visit in that world, provided there is a community lot to visit.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I am now thinking of turning aging off for the first time ever just so I can make a proper story out of two brothers I have going rn before they die. Otherwise they prolly will before EL release.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Now that we know it won't be as bad as we all feared and many of us, myself included, have decided to get the pack: what are you planning to do with Eco Lifestyle?

I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot. I can't wait to finally have something better to turn it into than what it is now since I never really go there and with the food stalls up front, I think it'll be fun! - As I was reminded of in this thread, that's not possible :joy: Soo I'll do other things - listed somewhere below :D

What about you guys?

At this point, who knows? I am preferring to wait until the pack is released to plan my gameplay with elements from it. It might take me in a direction with sims I never thought of making before.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I have made my simself and IRL house just recently. Somehow its architecture doesn’t really fit in any of the current worlds. I live in attached townhouses which is half obnoxious modern and half “traditional“. When I saw the trailer for Eco Lifestyle, I found that the neighborhood looks very similar to the one I live in right now (trash included lol). I suddenly have a place where I belong. I must relocate my house there. I also love how the decor neighbors gentrify as you progress with the game, maybe that modern part won’t look so obnoxious anymore.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No change of plans, I'll do what I usually do with a new pack. Run my usual test save (my test sims are quite experienced by now). Check for mod updates. If my most important mods are not ready yet, I'll not play until they are. There's no way I'll play with vanilla autonomy.

After that, who knows? Haven't decided what save to play yet. Maybe if I finish setting up my template save, I'll start with that.
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    I have made my simself and IRL house just recently. Somehow its architecture doesn’t really fit in any of the current worlds. I live in attached townhouses which is half obnoxious modern and half “traditional“. When I saw the trailer for Eco Lifestyle, I found that the neighborhood looks very similar to the one I live in right now (trash included lol). I suddenly have a place where I belong. I must relocate my house there. I also love how the decor neighbors gentrify as you progress with the game, maybe that modern part won’t look so obnoxious anymore.

That's cute :D and it's nice you'll be able to continue using your current house! I plan on keeping my Sulani house as well actually because I really love it and I've always wanted to take it off the grid, so they'll be getting solar panels and all that jazz. Would love to see a screenshot of your setup!!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's cute :D and it's nice you'll be able to continue using your current house! I plan on keeping my Sulani house as well actually because I really love it and I've always wanted to take it off the grid, so they'll be getting solar panels and all that jazz. Would love to see a screenshot of your setup!!

Yeah! I can see how this pack would blend seamlessly with IL. Sulani is gorgeous and now that they've expanded some of the gameplay, it'd be functional now too. I'd like to see your setup is well!
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's cute :D and it's nice you'll be able to continue using your current house! I plan on keeping my Sulani house as well actually because I really love it and I've always wanted to take it off the grid, so they'll be getting solar panels and all that jazz. Would love to see a screenshot of your setup!!

Yeah! I can see how this pack would blend seamlessly with IL. Sulani is gorgeous and now that they've expanded some of the gameplay, it'd be functional now too. I'd like to see your setup is well!

Sure! I need to go do my workout or it'll be a lost cause for today but I got some simming planned right after so I'll share then. Can't wait to put solar panels and wind turbines on this roof!! :D
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    So I plan on having two different saves I think. One save will be a hobo making his living off dumpster diving and furnishing his whole “living space” with stuff from his dumpster finds; he will, obviously, live in a negative eco footprint neighborhood and will do everything in his power to keep it trashy. My other save will be a teen living with her parents in a negative footprint town and sick of it. I will develop a crafting skill for her and sell items until she has enough money and old enough to move into an apartment (I’ll using SNB mod for her to have her own account) and she will work with her community to help make the neighborhoods eco friendly. I don’t know how active the teens can play in voting for neighborhood changes so this may hinder my gameplay a little bit. If they can, then as a teen she will make her parents neighborhood clean again until she’s ready to move out, then move to the neural neighborhood as a young adult and improve it there, and then finally when she has even more money from her fizzy drinks and other crafts, she will move into the last and cleaner neighborhood and work with her community there.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I LOVE threads like this! I want to know everyone's stories! Every hour that passes until it's released I'm gaining more ideas!

My main idea so far though is that a sim from my main family ( Layla Rose-Rivers, the daughter of one of my main sims who has had a tough start in life) will eventually break from the family and from living with her grandparents (she's just aged up to a teen) to move into Evergreen Harbor to start a fresh new life without her mother trying to awkwardly bond/see her. She'll relish in her creative side and be a maker and eventually start dating/marry the man who changed her life, Knox.

Also seeing as that children have quite a few things to do I really like the idea of starting a really mean, un-eco friendly family who love to pollute their neighborhood, are really lazy and relish in consumerism but their child hates all of these things and resents their family's slovernly ways. Their child will try their best at school, dumpster dive for meals and craftables, use the maker space at the community lot to make candles and then sell at the farmers markets and generally keep trying to make changes to offset their parents 'bad ways'.

The last thing I'm really planning to do though, I'm loving the really bright colors of the new shipping container items and the fact they have a bright hot pink version REALLY makes me want to build a 'Barbie's Dream Shipping Container' home! I'm not one for pink colors or barbie-ish playing but how can you not with a bright pink shipping container!?
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m really excited to see the interaction with the other towns and items like tiny livings items and Sulani, I want to see how that can help out my sims! I’ll probably use Johnny Zest as my tester sim for it he could rock the island lifestyle with a makeover.
    edited May 2020
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Okay so here we go! I really love this house (and am upset the game falsely tags it as having cc because it absolutely doesn't and I hate that it can barely be found on the gallery that way but FINE) - I will, however, be so happy when we get free door & window placement because I've had my fair share of annoyances placing them in this build lol.
    YCUPsIH.png
    xIdo5ld.png
    I plan on putting solar panels that attach directly to the roof on the entire backside of the roof. Then I want to have 1-2 small wind turbines on top as well. I have forgotten what the things look like we can collect water with so I'm not sure where they / that will go but I plan on adding 1-2 as well.

Bit of family background: the mother is a gardener/aspiring florist. She works from home most of the time and twice a week she sells her flower arrangements via the yard sale table we got with Jungle Adventure (I think it looks super pretty so that helps lol). I plan on also having her make candles as I think that just goes really well with the flowering stuff. The dad is my most skilled sim since I've revived him in every single save I've had (yes, I just love him, dunno why). So he has ton of skills, is a master vampire, got accepted to a ton of distinguished degrees, and I'm thinking of curing him and letting him try his hand at sorcery.
    IB2GhQa.png
    TDbVPv8.png
    You can see in the interior that it was first meant to be off the grid but the shower stuff was too annoying with a kid & mermaid so it isn't. But with the new tech we're getting, it finally can be! :D I'll put the rest of the house in spoilers - sorry all the images are so dark btw, idk why that is. Looking forward to seeing yours too!
    lqeOj0S.png
    rBbGExn.png
    x1CIVEQ.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Wow that's pretty! Are any of your stores on the gallery by any chance? :D

Priya's shop isn't yet.
    I will upload it after I've updated it for Eco Living and have cleansed it of CC.

I do have two Discover University shops for Britechester and Foxbury students, or teens planning to go to college.

59%20Uni%20Student%20Shopping.png
    The intention of these lots is to have access to certain items while your sim is locked out of buy-mode during their time at University, or have access to items that are difficult to acquire by normal game play. The Prices are more expensive than buy mode. You can have someone own the shop and reduce the price, but it will still be more expensive than buy mode. The point is accessibility through game play instead of cheats. You can also purchase themed clothing, or set up your own styled looks.
    This is Britechester's student store.
    12-04-19_6-06-54nbspAM.png
    Uploaded: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1E60058618EB11EA89B7F3DBDD0CBB2C

Did you forget something before packing your sim off to Uni?
    Or maybe there is something here that you did not know you needed. There are plenty of inventory based items here to explore.
    12-05-19_6-08-22nbspAM.png

Foxbury.
    The same store, but with a Foxbury theme.
    12-07-19_5-31-20nbspAM.png
    Uploaded: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F6DBF53918EA11EA8945F3DBDD0CBB2C

12-07-19_6-09-06nbspAM.png

Need a sleep replacement tonic? Instant fun, but want to save your reward points?
    How about a party bot? Don't bother with the lap tops. They are cheaper at the kiosk.
    12-05-19_6-10-46nbspAM.png

There are some custom styled looks here, in Britechester colors, or create you own.
    Is your sim taking Robotics as an elective? Or did you buy a bot? Just wanna look cooler while wearing those computer glasses?
    Pick up a Robo-arm to look cool and reduce shocks.
    12-05-19_6-10-22nbspAM.png

Electronics and My Sim collectables go together like...
    ...well they don't, but you can pick up both in this wing of the store.
    12-05-19_6-13-47nbspAM.png

Didn't know your sim was going to take a creative elective?
    Well come on up and get a guitar, easel, or electronic keyboard. Ooh! Yoga mat!
    12-05-19_6-08-42nbspAM.png

Let's try it out with Shanice and Melissa.
    12-05-19_6-06-54nbspAM.png

I believe the cameras and the potions are little wonky for being on sale.
    You may find you have to get a sim to buy the store and set them for sale. You will need to do that anyway if you want to create you own clothing styled looks.
    12-05-19_6-29-36nbspAM.png

We are snapping up some utility bots and these computer glasses.
    I did even know they were a thing.
    12-05-19_6-30-19nbspAM.png

Melissa does not need these, but Shanice did take up robotics as an elective.
    12-05-19_6-31-33nbspAM.png

You can buy clothing, or just try them on.
    There is a wardrobe closet if you want to change anything after buying.
    12-05-19_6-34-34nbspAM.png

Of course this doesn't make any sense since the clothes in the wardrobe are free.
    12-05-19_6-35-34nbspAM.png

Sporty.
    12-05-19_6-45-15nbspAM.png

The robo-arm on display gave me the impression that it overlays over any clothing, but that is not the case.
    You have to wear this top with it.
    12-05-19_6-51-58nbspAM.png

She's going to need a change of pants.
    12-05-19_6-46-45nbspAM.png

Shopping spree over, let's get back to the dorm.
    12-05-19_6-58-08nbspAM.png
    12-05-19_7-00-26nbspAM.png

I like having easy access to bots, only a select few of my sims will ever make them.
    12-05-19_7-00-54nbspAM.png

12-05-19_7-01-08nbspAM.png

You have one job.
    I like that.
    12-05-19_7-02-14nbspAM.png

I put this one on the bench to see what options it has.
    12-05-19_7-06-35nbspAM.png

There isn't much she can do with it now.
    12-05-19_7-06-58nbspAM.png

Gotta work on those parts.
    12-05-19_7-15-48nbspAM.png

I was curious about those computer glasses.
    Can she use them sitting down?
    12-05-19_7-21-23nbspAM.png

Yes she can!
    12-05-19_7-23-27nbspAM.png

Clean bot ignores spoiled food. :s
    It has half a job.
    12-05-19_7-28-38nbspAM.png

The store also has these objects that I did not know were a thing.
    Motivator whatzits. You cannot buy these in the store, but you can drag them into your sim's inventory. [FREEBIES!!]
    12-05-19_7-57-36nbspAM.png

They have an area effect on nearby sims.
    12-05-19_8-52-32nbspAM.png

Yowza!
    12-05-19_8-53-04nbspAM.png

Melissa is energized.
    Shanice is not because she was outside that room.
    12-05-19_8-53-27nbspAM.png

12-05-19_8-54-29nbspAM.png

Now her energy need is maxed.
    12-05-19_8-54-44nbspAM.png

I guess I will need a Servo for this mess.
    12-05-19_8-55-35nbspAM.png

I like the fixer bot.
    12-06-19_7-57-27nbspAM.png

But it eventually breaks down.
    12-06-19_8-14-39nbspAM.png

They are all breaking down.
    12-06-19_8-17-41nbspAM.png

I should only activate them when needed.
    12-06-19_8-20-33nbspAM.png

Or buy two fixer bots to keep each other tuned.
    12-06-19_8-22-16nbspAM.png

I love the store. <3
    It has made dorm life for fun and flexible for me.

j1z1 wrote: »
    In my main save, I'm going to turn my Sulani fish market into an actual market, lol. And my lab into a maker space. And my stoner greenhouse into a community garden. Renovate them all.

My off-the-grid Game of Thrones save is getting a few tweaks.

Definitely playing out an apocalyptic scenaro.

Sulani has been at the back of my mind.
    Mainly because they had the Eco game play going. I had my sims participate in a Sulani club that cleaned up the world, so it was easy.

Now that we have Eco Living, I will be playing off-the grid for sure.
    I have yet to try it, but Sulani makes a lot of sense to do so. I am using Sulani as a vacation destination with retail properties being used as vacation homes. It should be interesting.