Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Livestream (May 21st, 11AM PT)

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited May 2020

@DominicLaurence wrote: »
    Can't wait to put up my meat and beat it.
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Can't wait to put up my meat and beat it.

I just snorted water out my nose.

first this: thanks for making me laugh today with those comments hahha :)

Can anyone explain how the weather will work in other worlds as I don't want acid rain and smog in some of my other worlds as I have already created certain themes that would defo not suit.. I looked in game and noticed we can turn certain weather on and off ( I think for all worlds) but I was hoping for more variants than just on or off..
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Pleasantly surprised. Trailer made this look wack but the details and new features have me wanting to pre-order
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    I was already definitely going to purchase Eco Lifestyle because I’ve always purchased *everything* in each Sims series for the objects in build/buy and the clothes/hair alone, but after watching this stream I’m far more excited about it than I was previously. This has nothing to do with how I felt about the theme; I was into it — I just didn’t realize how deep the gameplay tweaks were and how much crossover there is between many of the other packs. It looks like fun on several different levels!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The actual stream definitely did the pack much more justice than those preachy, PSA-like trailers did. After seeing the pack's features in action, it looks like it will actually be a decent pack...even if I still wish there was some more hardcore activism and big industry vs. environmentalists gameplay involved (and it still hurts that there's no mutagenic ooze, plantsim update, or mutated monsters...). I like that the new apartments aren't going to be as annoying as the ones from CL, and the bikes and craftable furniture are really nice. I'm also glad to hear that the repo man will be coming for your stuff for unpaid bills now. Also, that flammability update and...FIREFIGHTERS ARE BACK!! YES!! The marketing team needs to be keelhauled for how badly they botched those trailers, though...

I wish that they could have showcased more of the polluted gameplay, though. They showed the somewhat smoggy 'hood state, dumpster diving, dumpster woohoo, and death by flies, and they mentioned acid rain, but I was really looking forward to seeing the nastiest states of the world as well as the mildly nasty, normal, and super clean versions. They also mentioned bribing the inspectors and using the "smog vacuum" to actually generate pollution, but they didn't demonstrate it at all. That's a real letdown, since I really wanted to see more of the "filty" gameplay and it actually piqued my interest when I heard that the "smog vacuum" could be used for evil means and you can bribe the eco inspectors. I wanted to see an actual anti-eco sim in action to demonstrate that gameplay when it came up. But, at least I can have a sim be at least a bit of a villain here, so that's nice. It's also nice to know vegetarian sims are made uncomfortable by the meat wall... >:)

Overall, it looks like this pack will be O.K. (even if the marketing team really, really failed at presenting it properly and I still wish there was more fight and challenge to the environmentalism aspect), and the patch is bringing in some much-needed quality-of-life and gameplay updates. Still, I wish they had showed off the pollution-and-filth-related mechanics a little bit more instead of just kind of glossing over them. The green stuff is fine, but it's already showcased prominently in the trailers. I watched the stream to see them show off the grunge.

They always hold stuff back for us to discover, that isn’t anything new.

That's no excuse for a shoddy trailer. Not everyone watches these streams, so for a lot of people who follow the game's DLC releases more casually, these trailers really are the make-or-break determining factor in whether or not they buy a pack. Sure, there should be a few hidden secrets, but not showcasing a whole half of the gameplay or using the wrong tone in the trailers can really do some damage to your product's appeal and sales. They made both mistakes in these trailers, which resulted in the product being grossly misrepresented initially. In the days before streaming, this would have been devastating for this EP. Market like you don't have a stream to fall back on...because for a lot of consumers, you really don't.

I completely agree. My apologies I thought you were talking strictly about the stream not the trailers, there was a lot to read and I tend to gloss over stuff sometimes 😅😅
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Next time, they either need to have someone else do the livestream... or this guy seriously needs to learn how to be better at it. Because he didn't even show every CAS item (like other live streams have done). Also, he barely even showed ANYTHING for the male Sims (he didn't even show the clothes for male child or toddler Sims at all). I stopped watching after that.

This was extremely disappointing... if the attempt here was to convince me to buy this pack, it was an epic failure... just saying! I actually took a chance on this livestream because I wanted to see if anything about this pack was redeemable, but I have no idea what I'm actually gonna be getting IF I actually do end up purchasing it.

Also, his cocky "you guys will all be buying it, so you'll be able to see everything" attitude was condescending at best. It was rather rude, actually. No, I won't just be blindly buying it without knowing everything I'll be getting with it... show us EVERYTHING the pack comes with! Not just the stuff YOU wanna show because YOU assume we're all just blindly purchasing whatever you give us.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Akl500P wrote: »
    CAS is truly fantastic

They barely showed anything... lol how can it be "fantastic" when you didn't even see half the content?
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Next time, they either need to have someone else do the livestream... or this guy seriously needs to learn how to be better at it. Because he didn't even show every CAS item (like other live streams have done). Also, he barely even showed ANYTHING for the male Sims (he didn't even show the clothes for male child or toddler Sims at all). I stopped watching after that.

This was extremely disappointing... if the attempt here was to convince me to buy this pack, it was an epic failure... just saying! I actually took a chance on this livestream because I wanted to see if anything about this pack was redeemable, but I have no idea what I'm actually gonna be getting IF I actually do end up purchasing it.

Also, his cocky "you guys will all be buying it, so you'll be able to see everything" attitude was condescending at best. It was rather rude, actually. No, I won't just be blindly buying it without knowing everything I'll be getting with it... show us EVERYTHING the pack comes with! Not just the stuff YOU wanna show because YOU assume we're all just blindly purchasing whatever you give us.

I am feeling relatively moderate about this pack -- not too excited, not too turned off by it. I watched the stream earlier today, and they do go over more if you keep watching beyond the CAS bit. And there were other Gurus who occasionally jumped in to explain elements that they worked on: the world, the map, the careers, skills, objects, etc. I've never watched a stream before, so I don't have anything to judge this one against, but it seemed about as in-depth as I would expect...to the point where I started to get bored and skipped about 20 minutes of it once it hit the 1hr 45minute mark. The thing about this pack for me is that it's too mundane to be worth selling. Like, it all just seems like it should just be patched in. I feel like I need some of the features in my game, but I'm not overly excited to pay for them, if that makes sense. So it explains why I got bored with the stream after a while.

At one point, SimGuruGeorge did reference his notes that he had made for the stream, so it seems like he knew what he wanted to show and not show, and I guess he wants for some things to be a surprise for people.
  • poe202poe202 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm so excited for a lot of the stuff that's coming out. Eco-living is really important to me and it's so cool that The Sims is incorporating it into the game!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 you're correct, there are 11 *residential* lots totaling 13 editable residences. But don't forget the bar & community lot, which brings the total number of lots to 15.
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    CAS is truly fantastic

They barely showed anything... lol how can it be "fantastic" when you didn't even see half the content?

No one has to explain their opinion.

Nobody needs to be snarky either, but here you are... it's foolish to develop any opinion on something you don't really know anything about. And since the CAS content was barely shown, it's near impossible to give an actual opinion on it... unless you just blindly think everything EA does is "fantastic".
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

I didn't think too much of it (maybe I just didn't care that much about CAS or because I like discovering things on my own). Have you seen Deligracy's CAS video on YouTube yet? She uploaded it yesterday and showed off all the items.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    edited May 2020

I didn't think too much of it (maybe I just didn't care that much about CAS or because I like discovering things on my own). Have you seen Deligracy's CAS video on YouTube yet? She uploaded it yesterday and showed off all the items.

Unless Deligracy is working for EA and trying to sell the pack, that point is irrelevant. Also, "discovering things on my own" would involve blindly buying a pack just to find out what content is included... no. That's not how it works. I wanna know everything I'm getting BEFORE I get robbed of $40. I'm not a privileged rich youtuber who gets packs for free simply because I make videos on The Sims... nor am I someone who relies on mommy and daddy's money. I'm actually someone who spends their hard earned money on these packs, so yeah...

If you were going to buy a house, wouldn't you wanna know what the entire inside AND outside looks like before doing so?
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    CAS is truly fantastic

No one has to explain their opinion.

Nobody needs to be snarky either, but here you are... it's foolish to develop any opinion on something you don't really know anything about. And since the CAS content was barely shown, it's near impossible to give an actual opinion on it... unless you just blindly think everything EA does is "fantastic".

I was gonna ignore this but wow I just can’t with this so I’ll explain my apparently terrible opinion. I liked what I saw of CAS and I liked the style of what was presented. No need to be rude about my opinion of the new CAS because it differs from yours. They showed a majority of it besides all of the male items so I don’t know why you are stating they barely showed anything because that’s just not true. They didn’t click on every item but you could clearly see most of what was being offered. I liked the look of it...sorry my opinion offends you so much.

Thank you @orkhid22 for defending my comment. Appreciate the kindness :).

Then you should've said "Female CAS looks fantastic"... because saying the overall CAS looks "fantastic" is creating an opinion based on nothing.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Unless Deligracy is working for EA and trying to sell the pack, that point is irrelevant. Also, "discovering things on my own" would involve blindly buying a pack just to find out what content is included... no. That's not how it works. I wanna know everything I'm getting BEFORE I get robbed of $40. I'm not a privileged rich youtuber who gets packs for free simply because I make videos on The Sims... nor am I someone who relies on mommy and daddy's money. I'm actually someone who spends their hard earned money on these packs, so yeah...

If you were going to buy a house, wouldn't you wanna know what the entire inside AND outside looks like before doing so?

But you wanted to watch developers' CAS overview, and they're trying to do exactly the same... sell this pack. Okay then.
    You don't have to listen to everything gamechangers are saying if you don't like it, you can just watch and see what CAS looks like, you know.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I don't always bother to watch the livestreams, but I did watch this one, and I thought it was great. SimGuruGeorge was really good, he seemed really enthusiastic and happy to be showing off the game. Same with Jill. I'd love to see those two do more streams in the future. In the past I've gotten bored during the livestreams, but not this one - I actually put it on thinking I'd just watch a bit before bed, and ended up sitting watching the whole thing!

It also sold the game really well. Beforehand, I didn't have much interest in the EP to put it mildly. It didn't look like the type of thing I'd want in my game at all really. But after watching the livestream my feelings have changed and I've added the pack to my wishlist.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 you're correct, there are 11 *residential* lots totaling 13 editable residences. But don't forget the bar & community lot, which brings the total number of lots to 15.

I don’t remember saying anything about the lots recently. I already know how many there are. And the bar and community lot were always included in the 11. The two apartments are what bring it to 15.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2020

Well, I thought you'd like to see all the items and was just trying to be nice. I'm not saying you should discover things on your own - I was just saying that's something I enioy. I also didn't say I agree with everything Deli says - I just enjoyed seeing all the CAS items we're getting. I'm not someone who buys something just because someone else likes it or convinces me to get it. I also work for my own money and buy packs with it.
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't like cas except for the hairs and a couple of things. When he said that pant/skirt thingy was a fan favorite I was like "whaaat ?!". I would have rather have the skirt on it's own (a little less uneven then) and the pants on their own. CAS here isn't versatile enough for me, but that's personal taste. (Unrelated but, I wish we could have sims react if their teen gets a piercing though, cause those septum piercings would come in handy).

SimGuruGeorge did an awesome job of showing off the pack's features. I usually don't get excited with CAS but I'm really liking it all this time. Except for that denin skirt/pants outfit. :p