Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    The self-organization thing is definitely related to the new inventory system they're adding and the "your future looks pixelated" thing is probably related to the "free love" thing in Eco Lifestyle, where sims will walk around naked and everyone will be ok with it.
    Post edited by WallSims4ever on
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Seems we only have two hints left, the gnome on the lama and the pixelated future. I feel like they point towards the GP, amd my guess is that the theme is superheroes.

The gnome is the hero, in this case, and pixelated would refer to the old Batman comics and their Pop Art style. It would also be a major first for the franchise.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Seems we only have two hints left, the gnome on the lama and the pixelated future. I feel like they point towards the GP, amd my guess is that the theme is superheroes.

The gnome is the hero, in this case, and pixelated would refer to the old Batman comics and their Pop Art style. It would also be a major first for the franchise.

I think that too. Also one of the gurus posted a pic a few days ago and it had a superheros poster in the background. It may be nothing but my mind went there :)
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

wow what an incredible perspective, i would never have thought that way, honestly now i was kind of hyper, because theoretically with that we could have a patch before the gamepack to introduce police and thieves, including one of the simguru already mentioned that they did not forget them, we received two classic NPCs with the coming of the current expansion, maybe with a gamepack focused on superheroes (new occults practically in the franchise) we will have them before the launch.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

wow what an incredible perspective, i would never have thought that way, honestly now i was kind of hyper, because theoretically with that we could have a patch before the gamepack to introduce police and thieves, including one of the simguru already mentioned that they did not forget them, we received two classic NPCs with the coming of the current expansion, maybe with a gamepack focused on superheroes (new occults practically in the franchise) we will have them before the launch.

Yes, exactly. It’s clear they’re briging back staples from older games and the police and burglars definitely fit this theme.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

Yes, exactly. It’s clear they’re briging back staples from older games and the police and burglars definitely fit this theme.

We're getting firefighters now, so having police makes sense too!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    As said before, I think the gnome/llama/udder foe thing is a cheeky sims icons reference, but also a Don Quixote reference. The hint points towards the mysterious “foe”, which is a windmill. So think that hint is now revealed.

And I think the pixelated thing was probably the Free Love neighborhood action plan.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I expect more half baked content like firemen without a firetruck poofing onto your lot instead of pulling up in a truck.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."

Finally the firefighters are back ! Is it what somebody want ?

Honestly Farming is one of the most wanted theme since The Sims 2

• akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    guys have some of you recently noticed a type of bug where npc sims are using something directly in their hand? specifically the clay lump and the cube of the future !! several times I left the house or invited them back to use these items, as in the photos below. I don't have any mods besides mccommander

roUF1jW.png
    z1ZVhiS.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    guys have some of you recently noticed a type of bug where npc sims are using something directly in their hand? specifically the clay lump and the cube of the future !! several times I left the house or invited them back to use these items, as in the photos below. I don't have any mods besides mccommander

roUF1jW.png
    z1ZVhiS.png

It's because of the NAPs introduced with eco lifestyle.
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what "The future is soon™" might mean? It was one of the Future Cube messages
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what "The future is soon™" might mean? It was one of the Future Cube messages

Maybe a future themed pack?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2020
    "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." I'm starting to think this hint has something to do with cowplants ('udder') , more than with literal cows - because the gnome, the freezer bunny, lama and cowplant are all Sims mascots that appeared in most of the games. Maybe it's just a hint that Cowplants will be nameable after a free update coming to base game soon?

"Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." > I think this one hints towards a twitter poll, because it says 'we agreed upon', which kind of sounds like a community vote? They did several of those in 2018, but many of the winning answers from those polls already got implemented in the game (witches, mermaids). The only poll winner that hasn't made it's way into the game yet is the farming expansion pack. In that poll, raising cows, pigs and chickens won as the main feature. So - maybe the november EP will be a farming pack after all?
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Self-organization, candela, knit and climbing ones are now gone, replaced by

"The most popular destination to elope is not yet known."
    "Side by side. Sure.
    Spaced out. Yup.
    Stack ‘em up? Hmm."
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    kusurusu wrote: »

"Side by side. Sure.
    Spaced out. Yup.
    Stack ‘em up? Hmm."

Is that a hint for the sparked challenges or a wedding pack? I'd much prefer a wedding pack.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @kusurusu said:
    > Self-organization, candela, knit and climbing ones are now gone, replaced by
    >
    > "The most popular destination to elope is not yet known."
    > "Side by side. Sure.
    > Spaced out. Yup.
    > Stack ‘em up? Hmm."

The second one has to be a hint at bunk beds ! You can put two beds side by side, you can space them out with a nightstand in the middle, and you can not stack them up yet, but you will probably soon !
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    > @kusurusu said:
    > Self-organization, candela, knit and climbing ones are now gone, replaced by
    >
    > "The most popular destination to elope is not yet known."
    > "Side by side. Sure.
    > Spaced out. Yup.
    > Stack ‘em up? Hmm."

The second one has to be a hint at bunk beds ! You can put two beds side by side, you can space them out with a nightstand in the middle, and you can not stack them up yet, but you will probably soon !

+1! And a destination world for the next game pack: safari, winter or whatever!
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @DalekFriday said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > +1! And a destination world for the next game pack: safari, winter or whatever!

I don't know if that hint is about a destination world, or about the Spark'd challenge. I think it's about the challenge, because it says "the most popular" (which is the point of the challenge, having the most likes, etc). And "is not yet known", because the challenge isn't over yet, so we don't know which wedding venue won.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

What was this one about?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

What was this one about?

I think this is just referring to "Nifty Knitting" as we - the players - were involved in the development and had a "discussion" with the developers by telling them what kind of theme/CAS/objects etc. we wanted.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

"Side by side. Sure.
    Spaced out. Yup.
    Stack ‘em up? Hmm."

Is that a hint for the sparked challenges or a wedding pack? I'd much prefer a wedding pack.

spark'd most likely wish it was a wedding or romance pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Yeah, I agree as the first Spark'd theme was destination weddings
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    So.... is the future cube how they’re doing hints now.”?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We're getting firefighters now, so having police makes sense too!

Not a fan of burglars returning, but if they'd actually use our existing cops from the detective career (if GTW is installed), that would make the feature worth it for me.

"Side by side. Sure.
    Spaced out. Yup.
    Stack ‘em up? Hmm."

Side by side - double beds, already in game
    Space out - single beds placed with a little spaced between them, also in game
    stack them up - bunk beds? One can only hope!