Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: What Do Metalheads Want? \m/

So I'm sure by now you have heard that The Sims 4 Nifting Knitting is introducing metal which I'm actually thrilled about and it is the only reason I'm actually looking forward to this pack. With Metal on TS4 I'd actually want to stick around and play more to hear the tracks.
I really want them to feature a song from Lamb of God's upcoming self-titled album set to release in June but I don't wanna set my hopes up. Or even get this newer black metal band called Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult to do a recording. The last time a metal band did a song for The Sims was in The Sims 3 Supernatural. I love Lacuna Coil and as a huge Coiler it made me really happy (although I'd argue 'Kill The Light' from Dark Adrenaline was a hard rock album at best in my opinion).
However, I'm hoping they don't play it very safe and actually include a variety of genres of metal like black metal in The Sims 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mqMMZ7Cto0

I really really really really don't wanna set my hopes up but I'd like The Nifting Knitting pack features a lot of genres from thrash, extreme, death and doesn't lean on making things "crowd friendly" with only opting for power, symphonic, folk metal etc.
Anyway, my fellow metalheads
1) Do you think the SimsGurus should make polls to ask us which bands we would like featured or which genres of metal we would like to hear in Simlish?
2) What do you want particularly in terms of bands/genres?
source.gif

(Please read the title of my post before commenting "I don't wanna hear that screaming" if you do not listen to this ilk of music thank you)

Comments

• DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    You know, reconsidering the poll suggestion, it may work out badly because they may play samples and the majority of people may favour "radio friendly" styles so recant that.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Oooh my type of thread! \m/

I am really looking forward the metal radio station. I've been wanting it for so long, and the new interactions seem fun :smiley: The combination with knitting is somewhat hilarious, but I am a wee bit of a knitter as well as a metalhead, so this pack calls to me.

Black metal in the Sims 2 was really strange and quite off putting. I think its a more acquired taste, but that's just me.

And to answer your questions,
    1) Yes! :D

2) Classic death metal would be fab. The old school growly Morbid Angel or Death would be entertaining for a knitting pack :lol: I also think Mastodon would be a great addition, or Soulfly. Okay, they are more 'crowd friendly' than a lot of bands I would like to hear, but something like Blood and Thunder would be a great. My ultimate dream would be one of my favourites, Gojira, but maybe some of their more recent stuff. The thought of a Simlish cover of Stranded tickles me :lol:

Here's a gif just because...
    GH24JWM.gif

giphy.gif
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    1) I don't think they will but it would be a way to get artists in who aren't easily found. Then again, there's a good chance that there are metal fans amongst the Gurus who'll know plenty.
    That kinda poll is also sort of a way to disappointment because suggestions that are popular might not end up used due to rights etc.

I'm just gonna wait to see what we'll end up getting. Metal in Simlish should be interesting :D
    @ParmaViolet87 Hails! \m/

You wouldn't believe that I've only listened to a handful of Gojira songs over the years until last year I heard "The Art of Dying" and then dove headfirst into their discography. One of my favourite songs by them is "Where Dragons Dwell".

Side note: I wish that rock and darkwave could make a return and since TS4 seems to feature modern artists recording songs in Simlish I'd like to see modern rock acts like:

Rival Sons, The Pretty Reckless, Dorothy, Nothing But Thieves, Highly Suspect despite their uh, questionable 3rd album (fun fact Joe from Gojira was featured on that album)

For darkwave maybe newer goth bands like She Past Away, Twin Tribes, Lebanon Hanover, Rosegarden Funeral Party could do songs in simlish.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    XIXnOQU.png

1) Maybe, I think Maxis should select songs from different types of metal genres. I got interested in metal because I started listening to bands that mixed different genres.

2) I would really like to see music from other metal genres like for example symphonic metal, metalcore and industrial metal. I would love to see a song from a band like Nightwish, Epica, While She Sleeps, Annisokay, Bury Tomorrow, Five Finger Death Punch or Amon Amarth.
    Post edited by logion on
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Duende wrote: »
    @ParmaViolet87 Hails! \m/

You wouldn't believe that I've only listened to a handful of Gojira songs over the years until last year I heard "The Art of Dying" and then dove headfirst into their discography. One of my favourite songs by them is "Where Dragons Dwell".

Side note: I wish that rock and darkwave could make a return and since TS4 seems to feature modern artists recording songs in Simlish I'd like to see modern rock acts like:

Rival Sons, The Pretty Reckless, Dorothy, Nothing But Thieves, Highly Suspect despite their uh, questionable 3rd album (fun fact Joe from Gojira was featured on that album)

For darkwave maybe newer goth bands like She Past Away, Twin Tribes, Lebanon Hanover, Rosegarden Funeral Party could do songs in simlish.

Where Dragons Dwell is one of my favourites. I don't think it gets enough love. The ending is just so intense! I haven't heard the Highly Suspect song but I've been told that track isn't recommended haha.

I honestly don't know what they'll do for the music. As @darrenfroggy already pointed out there is the issue with rights and copyright. It would be great to something in there. Maybe a classic Black Sabbath tune or something? There's a lot of underground metal bands out there so it would be just as awesome if they could get a feature.

Metal is so broad so I hope the station covers a number of different genres. Maybe other people don't care about that aspect but I do :lol:

I'm just happy the station is becoming a feature :smiley:
    Post edited by ParmaViolet87 on
    giphy.gif
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    looking forward to knitting for my elders
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I don't really consider myself a metalhead, but I've been hoping for more ... I guess it would be old school metal these days. Stuff like the metal I grew up with in the 70's and 80's... which I guess barely counts as metal these days.

But as long as I can discern lyrics (don't need to understand them, just need them clear enough that I can tell there are clear words) I'm good.
    edited May 2020
    logion wrote: »
    XIXnOQU.png

1) Maybe, I think Maxis should select songs from different types of metal genres. I got interested in metal because I started listening to bands that mixed different genres.

2) I would really like to see music from other metal genres like for example symphonic metal, metalcore and industrial metal. I would love to see a song from a band like Nightwish, Epica, While She Sleeps, Annisokay, Bury Tomorrow, Five Finger Death Punch or Amon Amarth.

@logion I absolutely agree. I think we may have luck because Nightwish just released Human. :II: Nature. and Epica has just finished recording theirs and they did a song called "Crimson Bow and Arrow" for Attack on Titan two years ago so I think Epica would be open to recording music for TS4 and their symphonic metal sound can really draw in a lot of listeners.

Also, In This Moment is an industrial band (formerly metalcore) that has staunchly supported equal rights and would be a good fit for TS4. They recently released Mother and the self-titled track featured Maria Brink's mother and her mother's wife. And not to mention their "Natural Born Sinner" anthem from Black Widow slaps.

Edit: I edited some typos
    Post edited by Duende on
    @ParmaViolet87 The ending always makes me headbang. And the song is diabolical and a waste of Joe's vocal range. Highly Suspect was good for their first 2 albums. Not to mention they've received a lot of criticism and lost fans for their poor 3rd album.

I would love to hear "War Pigs" in Simlish, or maybe even something from Ozzy's new album. But definitely I hope some underground bands could get featured from a variety of genres since metal has a lot to offer. There is so much diversity.

edited May 2020
    @DaWaterRat

I love old school metal too! Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, King Diamond, Judas Priest, Warlock/Doro, you name it. There is this modern band that draws influence from the era and their vocalist Yannis has impressive range. They're called Beast In Black and he sings in clean vocals and you may like them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Hail! \m/

I love your suggestion for Lacuna Coil! That would rock! Also...

I feel that Nightwish are almost a must because they're Finnish.

I think Opeth would be perfect to add to the station too.

And I know they go way back, but I'd really love Type O Negative.
    #Team Occult
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I hope there is a great variety in the metal genre, too. If your wishs come true, that would me make happy too. Worldwide exist a lot of great metalbands. :)

My favourite band is Alcest, their root comes from black/heavy metal, but the artist has developed his own subgenre, still with heavy metal parts and screams, but more melodic without diabolic texts. I listen to them when playing sims, so I don't need them in the sims radio.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Nightwish, yes! Absolutely. Also some classic Iron Maiden would be awesome. Just the feat of getting these in Simlish would be amazing.
    edited May 2020
    @LiELF in my first post I noted that they were featured in The Sims 3: Supernatural with their "Kill The Light" song.
    Nevertheless, yeah I'd be happy to probably hear "Layers of Time" from their Black Anima album in Simlish. ;D

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Type O Negative fan but sadly Peter Steele has passed on. ;-;
    Daravi wrote: »
    I hope there is a great variety in the metal genre, too. If your wishs come true, that would me make happy too. Worldwide exist a lot of great metalbands. :)

My favourite band is Alcest, their root comes from black/heavy metal, but the artist has developed his own subgenre, still with heavy metal parts and screams, but more melodic without diabolic texts. I listen to them when playing sims, so I don't need them in the sims radio.

I got into Alcest last year after I heard "Sapphire" and fell in love with their music, especially because I also speak French. And Neige would do well with Simlish since he invents his own "language" for some songs already. :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    @LiELF in my first post I noted that they were featured in The Sims 3: Supernatural with their "Kill The Light" song.
    Nevertheless, yeah I'd be happy to probably hear "Layers of Time" from their Black Anima album in Simlish. ;D

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Type O Negative fan but sadly Peter Steele has passed on. ;-;

I didn't really play Sims 3 so they should use them again. :p

Peter Steele was such a sad loss. All the more reason to keep his legacy alive!
    #Team Occult
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2020
    Hey, heads up that I'm moving this one to the Nifty Knitting category.
    While 'Pack Discussions' is not a bad place for this topic, we have all the discussions about this specific pack in 'Community Stuff Pack Project 2' so let's keep them all together until the project is finished. :)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Although it doesn't stand a chance, I'd love some Japanese visual kei music. Nothing would make me cackle with delight more than to hear The Gazette, Diaura, or Hyde in simlish. That would be so fun.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Tool.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Classic metal and thrash metal would be awesome. I wouldn't mind some death metal too. I'm not really that picky, as long as it's metal. Did I say metal already? Metal!!!!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2020
    Some good old fashioned Hair Metal wouldn't go amiss. And I'll second Visual Kei
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Pirate metal?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I'd love symphonic metal.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Iron/bronze age metal

https://youtu.be/2wy-W-pYlds

Technically, this is industrial.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif