Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m not a really a big fan of apartments because of their styles in CL, too many colors some of them, but I’m glad they are bringing them in another pack. Even if it’s just 2, they’ve said something along the lines they couldn’t really bring them into another world because that’s the main focus of CL, but this was done well. Hope they do it again in the future.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nevermind, I think the post I read that said all the pre-made sims were in Promise neighborhood was wrong.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I wish they had a few smaller lots. 30x20 is as big as I like to play on.

Really excited about the apartments. I like that they kept most of the gameplay that came with City Living exclusive to that pack. I hope this means other world might have apartments.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I wish they had a few smaller lots. 30x20 is as big as I like to play on.

For me the 30x20 lots are too small and there are so many of them. I wish they were bigger, at least 30x40, but bigger would be better. :smiley:
    That's why I prefer the Sims2 lots. There you was able to build your own neighbourhood. You and other could have your small lots, and I could place my bigger lots. But I agree with the opinion that 20x15 lots were better than the generic lots.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I love the overall look and detail of the world. I just wish there were more playable lots... It's so frustrating to see all the deco-houses that surround that one lot in Conifer Station. Like imagine if they gave us three more empty lots to build on - then the world would have been perfect in my opinion. Love the back story and atmosphere - hate the size and constraints.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited May 2020
    The body of water in Evergreen Harbor is called "Willupette Sound." That's a pretty obvious nod to both Puget Sound and the Willamette River, so PNW-themed town confirmed. As a Washingtonian, I'm thrilled.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It definitely seems PNW themed, in the Port Promise description it says 'Keep Evergreen Kooky' which reminds me of 'Keep Portland Weird', and I definitely get Portland vibes from a lot of the industrial areas.

It's a shame to have yet another USA-based world, I really think we've had enough of them now. The port is interesting, but the suburbs look really similar to Willow Creek and Newcrest with houses with siding and the spacing down the streets. I want something different, I don't even care where really, I'd be happy with any other style from anywhere else around the world would. Just the USA.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I posted the below in another thread but I think it's more suited here! :smiley:

This may be the best lot in the game. James reviewed it in his world review. It's a container and a crane converted into an off the grid home. You can live in the crane too! It has a bedroom and bathroom on different levels via ladder. It's so cool.

rsK9jpS.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I posted the below in another thread but I think it's more suited here! :smiley:

This may be the best lot in the game. James reviewed it in his world review. It's a container and a crane converted into an off the grid home. You can live in the crane too! It has a bedroom and bathroom on different levels via ladder. It's so cool.

rsK9jpS.png

I love that lot. It is a really great idea with the crane.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Dose anybody know the lot sizes as in the live stream they all looked small?
  • Options
    Plainevil wrote: »

3 4x30
    1 20x15
    2 apartment lots with 2 apartments each
    7 30x20
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member

3 4x30
    1 20x15
    7 30x20

Thank you, I am guessing the community lots are the 30/40 lots as they look the largest. Which is rather disappointing.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I hope in the future they will open up the houses in Conifer Station that would be awesome.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope in the future they will open up the houses in Conifer Station that would be awesome.

Doubt it, they already said they didn’t add more because of performance issues.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited May 2020
    After looking at some world overview videos I love the world. I only wish they had added some rusted monkey bars and play area in at least one of the neighborhoods.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

3 4x30
    1 20x15
    7 30x20

This is a good balance for me. I was really running out of 30X20 lots. I guess I like the medium size, space but it doesn't take forever to walk around.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I like those apartments that are reachable via stairs. Can’t wait to move some Sims in!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    The body of water in Evergreen Harbor is called "Willupette Sound." That's a pretty obvious nod to both Puget Sound and the Willamette River, so PNW-themed town confirmed. As a Washingtonian, I'm thrilled.

That figures. This game can’t seem to get into non Americanized worlds :/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Eleven buildable lots and two apartment lots - each apartment has two apartments. So fifteen move-in-able lots. Not bad, not amazing. I missed the apartments at first so I was annoyed, but including those it isn't too bad. On par with most packs by the looks of it.
    5oCCSXT.jpg

I don't see a beach on that map ☹️

SimGuruGeorge says there is no swimmable water in Evergreen Harvest.
  • Options
    I’m not a really a big fan of apartments because of their styles in CL, too many colors some of them, but I’m glad they are bringing them in another pack. Even if it’s just 2, they’ve said something along the lines they couldn’t really bring them into another world because that’s the main focus of CL, but this was done well. Hope they do it again in the future.

They did add apartments to Evergreen Harvest but they don't have landlords however they do still work like apartments meaning you can place 2 house holds in them were their neighbors. Some in EH don't have elevators and some do.
  • Options
    Did anyone catch the lighthouse in Evergreen Harbor on the Livestream? They briefly showed it in the distance. I even saw the beam. It's too bad the water isn't swimmable in that location.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

They did add apartments to Evergreen Harvest but they don't have landlords however they do still work like apartments meaning you can place 2 house holds in them were their neighbors. Some in EH don't have elevators and some do.
    I will definitely move my sims into one, I love a modest apartment, and CL was lacking of that. I don’t mind the no elevators. I really hope they continue this with future packs, even if it’s just 1or 2 apartment buildings
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    taydev wrote: »

@taydev mean no offense by this (I also want more international worlds), but anybody who has made a claim like this hasn’t shown global sales numbers. Without any evidence I may reckon US is one of the biggest sellers?

Also, I am always hawking my impression that EA pays strict attention to huge corporate market research reports to come up with packs. I think NCIS (D.C.), Baywatch, CSI: Miami, and that one with the rich actors pretending to be Mensa bozos are amongst some of the most watched shows in the world. So, if you’re EA spending millions paying Deloitte and Mintel to say what’s hot; you’re sadly likely to go with an American trend.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2020
    I believe this is going to be more of a challenge world for me where the end goal is to get out to the nicer homes I have in Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay. :D I wish the lots were smaller though. It would be awesome if the property values reflected the condition of the neighborhood.

Rags to riches and extreme starter homes, meaning the starter homes will be pure shipping containers in pre-set configurations that have to be retrofitted. All lots are off-the-grid. All areas in Evergreen Harbor will be in the Industrial State. My sims will work to make their homes and the town livable, and save and hustle money, before they move out.

The scenario is my Uni grads heard about Evergreen Harbor and see it as a way to save money as they start their climb up their career ladder, invest in a business, or buying a vacation home in Sulani. I have a lot of sims that will be going to Uni soon. Maybe some sims will stay if I come to love the area, but right now, I find how spread out the lots are a bit isolating and depressing, despite the green state. I don't mind fake houses in the background as much, but it bothers me when my sim is surrounded by them. I just get a dead feeling world from it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    taydev wrote: »

@taydev mean no offense by this (I also want more international worlds), but anybody who has made a claim like this hasn’t shown global sales numbers. Without any evidence I may reckon US is one of the biggest sellers?

Also, I am always hawking my impression that EA pays strict attention to huge corporate market research reports to come up with packs. I think NCIS (D.C.), Baywatch, CSI: Miami, and that one with the rich actors pretending to be Mensa bozos are amongst some of the most watched shows in the world. So, if you’re EA spending millions paying Deloitte and Mintel to say what’s hot; you’re sadly likely to go with an American trend.

@popstarissa i don’t think it has anything to do with which country has more sales to make it American themed. Even Americans are requesting non American worlds, including myself, builders are building non American themed builds, and there is definitely a notable sized international market For TS4.