Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your main sim's relationships like with family members?

2...Next

Comments

• FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    rubytinker wrote: »
    I actually find it difficult to play families. The best I can manage is a pet or two. I tend to unintentionally favor one sim and neglect the rest. sigh... Anyone else have this problem?

I do too, it starts to feel chaotic. But, I don't unintentionally favor one Sim, I do it on purpose. Lol.
    Even if my Sim has 10 kids, I'll pick just one to focus on and ignore everyone else.

I was the same way. Even after over 15 generations, I had always just carried on with one favorite and let the others fade out of my mind. Then I did the 100 Baby Challenge. It's funny, because now my typical household of 2-3 sims feels a bit slow.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I don't have a main Sim, I have a lot of saves, but I do have a favorite Sim.
    His name is Erik Tuuli. He's a scientist.
    tuIcjHX.png

When I started playing with his character he had an affair with an alien woman and she became pregnant and had twins, a girl and a boy. I didn't want Erik to marry her, because she hated children and was hot headed. They broke up but Erik visited her to see his babies. When they grew up to children (toddlers didn't exist yet) his daughter, Venla, got the insane trait and his son Juho got the evil trait.
    Erik's children visited him regularly and he got a long very well with Venla, but Juho made him angry quite often. Juho was mean to him and annoyed him to a point that he became enraged and I was afraid he would die. Luckily he didn't.
    When the twins grew up to teens Juho mellowed a bit and his relationship with his dad got better. They were actually having decent conversations, which was great. Venla and Erik were very close, like always.

Erik married Summer Holiday and they had a daughter, Emilia. She and Erik were very close as well. Venla moved in with Erik's new family at some point, but when she met her husband to be she moved out together with him.
    When Emilia grew up she married Alexander Goth and they have two children now. Also Venla and Juho are married and they have children. Erik has 4 grandchildren now. He gets along with everyone of them, but I think his favorite is the one who is actually an alien. Alexander Goth got kidnapped by aliens and he got pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl, Annina. Erik has been taking care of her a lot when Emilia and Alex are working. He's still working as a scientist but because he's on top of his career he has less work days. He also has a lot of reward traits and he doesn't sleep, so he has a lot of extra time. He's been spending it with toddler Annina and they have maxed relationship.

Erik and Summer have a great marriage. They've never cheated on each other, not even flirted with anyone else. Some time ago I created a club just for them two and added all the possible romantic actions. They have club "meetings" regularly.