Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you call this or is there even a name for it?

So, you know how some people write stories in more of a script style, bolding the names and italicizing the actions, for example:

Johnny: (cruelly) I never loved you.

It's not exactly a script, but it's not in traditional short story format either. So, is there a name for this format, or is there a name that's not official that maybe you use for this? Or is there a good name you can think of to start calling this??

If I said "dialogue panels" or "dialogue story," would you automatically know what I was talking about or not?

Thanks for your help.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The format is that of a play or screenplay, or at least that's where that particular mode of Character: (direction) "Dialogue!" narration comes from.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    A play definately. Never read a screenplay, but suspect the same. A dialogue is totally different:

"Well, Su, how did your interview go today? I know you were nervous about what might happen when you mentioned it yesterday, what with having a new supervisor and all that."
    "Actually quite well. They seem to think I'm the best one they've got and I even got a nice raise."
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    Yeah I agree with @Sindocat, based on anything I got taught in English classes or during my drama lessons, that's very much how you'd expect to see a script written, for a stage or screen :)
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙