Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The re-release Sims 1 and Sims 2 petition thread.

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes. Count me in
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    I hadn't really missed The Sims 2 until recently. I was cleaning my room and the cases of the game and it's EPs have been taunting me. Since then, I've been overwhelmed with sensation to play again. However, I can't find the disc and a few of the EPs are cracked.

*Signs with enthusiasm*
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2020
    They could re-start the sims 2 by doing a remaster of the base game and then do every expansion one at a time. If time is what hinders doing a remaster of the entire collection then this should be doable. I'd happily pay for each expansion if they are priced correctly.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I doubt a TS2 remaster will ever eventuate, but I would love it, if it would.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I really want TS2 on Origin because I had all EPs and SPs (except Mansions and Gardens), but my laptop now doesn't have a disk drive :( I asked EA about it but obviously as we know they can't support putting it onto people's Origin libraries anymore. I'm so sad I missed the release of the UC a few years back :( I'll live in hope hahaha.

On another note- does anyone know if I could use a separate disk drive plugged into my USB port of my laptop to play TS2?? Don't know much about technology lol.
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2020
    moo wrote: »

On another note- does anyone know if I could use a separate disk drive plugged into my USB port of my laptop to play TS2?? Don't know much about technology lol.

I have my TS2 game installed on my external USB drive and play it from that. It runs perfectly fine.
    However, if you meant are you able to install it from an external CD drive, then yes you can do that too.

Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I was playing the Sims 1 today but it was a struggle to get it running initially on Windows 10. I would love a more accessible way to play it especially without a CD drive. A lot of companies have where you can download old and unsupported software for free if you purchased it already and have a valid registration, it'd be cool if EA did the same with 1 or a similar thing they did with the Sims 2 ultimate a few years back.
    They should also just release the Sims 2 Ultimate again on origin. The free promo was great and they should have kept it in the store for like $10-$20. I haven't checked but you can't buy it at all now right?
    Pary wrote: »
    moo wrote: »

I have my TS2 game installed on my external USB drive and play it from that. It runs perfectly fine.
    However, if you meant are you able to install it from an external CD drive, then yes you can do that too.

Oh amazing, thank you @Pary - I didn’t realise you could do that actually so I may try to! How exactly do you install it onto an external USB drive?
    I’m guessing with an external CD drive you would install it onto the laptop the same way that you’d install it if the CD drive was internal to the laptop? But it would be more convenient for me to use a USB drive, but I wouldn't know how to put it onto a USB drive and be able to play it from there? Thanks.
    They should also just release the Sims 2 Ultimate again on origin. The free promo was great and they should have kept it in the store for like $10-$20. I haven't checked but you can't buy it at all now right?

No sadly it’s not on Origin to buy :( I was chatting to EA help just the other day about trying to put my copy on my library , but they can’t even do that for individuals who have serial codes as it doesn’t have support anymore. On the plus side, they said they would pass my feedback, about making it available on Origin, onto the team, so I suppose they might surprise us again one day!
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love it to be on Origin! I don't care about a remastered TS1 or TS2, I just want them so I can play them again!
  • Daphnex96Daphnex96 Posts: 2 New Member
    Signed!
    I had all the sims 2 games but they don't werk anymore on my computer.
    I love the game so much!
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    But we Have a Rerelease Called Ultimate Collection for TS2 And Complete Collection for TS1. Why need It?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I checked if Sims 2 (Origin) had an update today and it did. I don't know what was updated though. It might have been related to all the other Origin updates we've been getting lately, most security ones as far as I could see.

I'd play it again if I could get the display size right for my laptop, too high, I can't see the writing, too low and it still doesn't look right.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Leosims wrote: »
    But we Have a Rerelease Called Ultimate Collection for TS2 And Complete Collection for TS1. Why need It?

Because both need to be updated to run on Windows 10. A lot of people are having problems installing both on Windows 10.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    signed
    Would love to be able to own them once again
  • DewsDews Posts: 1 New Member
    Signed
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    signed
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I would love to be able to play The Sims 2 again... I probably still have the discs somewhere in my parents attic but not only does my desktop not have a disc drive (I do have an external disc drive though) but I've also heard that it doesn't work on Windows 10 anyway.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited July 2020
    Leosims wrote: »

That release is not available online anymore.The only way to play, or get the first sims games.Is by downloading them on illegal websites.
    Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on
  • SusanaLeoteSusanaLeote Posts: 36 Member
    Signed
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It sucks so bad that I can't find the Sims 1 complete collection even on Amazon in my country.
    You can only get like some of the Sims 1 packs and the base game but they sell for 60-80$ each. This is insane.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    SIGNED!!!
    I miss these games, they were fun to play and it would be nice to go back down memory lane and remember how hard it was to look after the sims back then and not this too easy game they have given us now...
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    SIGNED I never played them but people have said they are awesome
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why do you want them to focus on that and not TS4? I already have TS2 Ultimate Edition and The Sims is now so old it kind of not worth going back to.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2020
    I too (though might be unlikely due to how long ago) think a re-release on the first sims game would be nice. I have the complete collection in physical format, but now that I have a newer laptop with no disc drive built in It'll be nice to have an option to install it without having to go through so many loopholes just to get the game to work properly. And yes, I was one of the lucky few who got TS2 Ultimate Collection back then.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top