Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random History Facts

MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
As the title states, you can post any weird history facts you know! I will start.

In 1895, the only two cars in Ohio COLLIDED!

Comments

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    ronald reagan was a lifeguard before anything else
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Cool. Marie Antoinette never said let them eat cake. It was propaganda started by the peasants of France to inspire hate on her, and later behead her. 🙅
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    The Statue of Liberty's name is Marianne, the "Uncle Tom" of France. Which makes sense, since it was made in France, so why not have it be the liberty symbol of the country it was made in? 😆
    edited May 2020
    there was a war between the uk & zanzibar that lasted like 38 through 45 minutes & was one of the shortest wars in history.
    Post edited by xLunaSimsx on
    MPy9H9S.gif
    Did you mean UK? From sources I've read it was between the uk and zanzibar.

In 1980, a salt lake, Peigneur, collapsed due to an oil rig. It created a sinkhole large enough that it swallowed actual houses and brought the depth of the lake from 10-ish feet to 200 feet deep. (Not doing non-imperial system calculations since I'm lazy.) Remarkably, the only casualties were 3 dogs and a ton of trout.
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Did you mean UK? From sources I've read it was between the uk and zanzibar.

In 1980, a salt lake, Peigneur, collapsed due to an oil rig. It created a sinkhole large enough that it swallowed actual houses and brought the depth of the lake from 10-ish feet to 200 feet deep. (Not doing non-imperial system calculations since I'm lazy.) Remarkably, the only casualties were 3 dogs and a ton of trout.

THAT is what i meant i was tired as heck when i wrote it LOL
    MPy9H9S.gif
    lemme fix it lOL
    MPy9H9S.gif
    Lol.

Anne Frank and MLK were born in the same year.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cleopatra was born closer to the time when the mobile phone was invented, than when the Great Pyramid was built.
    giphy.gif
    A crew member on the titanic carried the key to the binoculars, but he was replaced by somebody else. He forgot to give the key to something that could have saved 1500 people.
    A woman named mimi Alford reportedly had an affair with jfk, and kept it a secret for 40 years, until it was found out in 2003
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    A book called Futility or Wreck of the Titan described an unsinkable ship hitting an iceberg and sinking, killing those on board. Many of the descriptions were eerily similar to a certain ship we’ve all heard of. 14 years later, Titanic hit an iceberg and sank in the Atlantic. How cool or freaky is that?
  • DaKaptenDaKapten Posts: 385 Member
    The very first prank call happened 1884 in Providence Rhode Island. People tought it was a little scary with hearing a voice but not see the person they where talking too. The phone wasn't really used everywhere at the time in USA. It was only eight years later of the patent of Bells invention. But someone took the time to prank call the undetaker and claiming people have died and also gave out their adress. People where horrified that they came to their homes prepared with ice, candles and a coffin and looked for their body.
    The newspapers even made puns about the situation in their titles.
    The poet Sappho was exiled for HER behaviour with women, and she lived on the island Lesbos. She essentially created the term lesbian
    Charles Darwin was married to his first cousin.
  • DaKaptenDaKapten Posts: 385 Member
    Lincoln was a bartender once.
    @Coffeecrumblecake that makes sense. He was alive during the EARLY 1800s.Marrying a cousin was actually allowed, especially in Royal families. It also makes sense because most people of European descent are loosely related to Charlemagne, so marriage to a family member in a high society family was almost inevitable. Even today, at least in a few states, marrying your first cousin is actually legal
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    @Coffeecrumblecake that makes sense. He was alive during the EARLY 1800s.Marrying a cousin was actually allowed, especially in Royal families. It also makes sense because most people of European descent are loosely related to Charlemagne, so marriage to a family member in a high society family was almost inevitable. Even today, at least in a few states, marrying your first cousin is actually legal

Lol I'm a history nerd so ik. Some ppl don't though 😆
    Fair enough.

One of the 4 Romanov daughters was found to have haemophilia.
    Haemophilia is a genetic disorder in which blood doesn't clot normally, in which even a small cut can kill you.
    It is not known which daughter carried this, as this was DECADES after all of them had been killed.
    The only known carrier of Haemophilia in the family was Alexei Romanov, the youngest child of Tsar Nicholas and Tsaritsa Alexandra, who was only 13 at the time of his murder.
    An old Russian lady still own's a /ahem/ body part of Rasputin, which she allegedly gives to her husband in his tea to give him the legendary allure held by this historical figure. Rasputin himself was found in a wooden box wrapped in a rug at the bottom of the Volga River with water in his lungs... but he was poisoned, stabbed, shot, and cut of the aforementioned /ahem/ body part before being sunk to the river. 🤔
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    The British tanks in WWII had equipment to make tea
    In 1986, the actor that played Big Bird was offered a seat on the Challenger Spacecraft, but refused.
    On January 28th, 1986, the Challenger Spacecraft exploded minutes after takeoff. None of the crew survived.
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    Roman Catholics in Bavaria founded a secret society in 1740 called the Order of the Pug. New members had to wear dog collars and scratch at the door to get in. :D
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
    Now that's just silly
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Zhang Ji was Du Fu's fan, he ever wrote down Du Fu's poems and ate them...
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns