Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    One tiny complaint I have for what I did see, well... it's actually a complaint for Sims 4 as a whole but relates to this pack.

I like that this pack adds 4 new traits, but most of them are kinda niche traits which means they are gonna take a big portion of your Sims' 'personality' for well... niche activities and stuff, which is kinda meh for this game. Which also means you'll get a lot of generated Sims who's main attributes are liking to recycle or liking trash.

Yea I agree. I'm desperately waiting for traits like over protective, shy, brave, coward, daredevil or extremist, faithful.... stuff like that.
    Same.

If this game had 5 traits like TS3 then sure, one niche trait wouldn't be a big deal, but taking one of three spaces is a bit much.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    It was obviously just an overview, so there was a lot of things they wouldn't have had time to touch upon.

There are still things left unknown, like what are the forced annoyances that come with each new pack - there's always something, and it always makes me hate the game again enough to quit.

If you spend a lot of time at the gym and take your showers there, will you still get billed for water even though you shouldn't?

Things always look great when they are hyping it, but the devil is in the details, and there is no way to know what the reality of it is as of yet.

There are some things that I would like about it very much if I could count on things working as they should. The problem is that my experience always ends up being the opposite of that.

I have a shopaholic in my family that could end up sending it to me anyway, so it could end up being a moot point, but I'm still just not seeing it yet.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    It was obviously just an overview, so there was a lot of things they wouldn't have had time to touch upon.

There are still things left unknown, like what are the forced annoyances that come with each new pack - there's always something, and it always makes me hate the game again enough to quit.

If you spend a lot of time at the gym and take your showers there, will you still get billed for water even though you shouldn't?

Things always look great when they are hyping it, but the devil is in the details, and there is no way to know what the reality of it is as of yet.

There are some things that I would like about it very much if I could count on things working as they should. The problem is that my experience always ends up being the opposite of that.

I have a shopaholic in my family that could end up sending it to me anyway, so it could end up being a moot point, but I'm still just not seeing it yet.

I'm worried about how buggy the game update might be. It's gonna be a huge update, which means a big chance of bugs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Exactly this. I recall this kind of thing happening before where people got hyped up for the features of a pack, but then the actual gameplay turned into a nuisance.

The thing is, none of this gameplay actually changes how the Sims are. They are still going to be always happy. They are still going to have no individuality or defining behaviors that cause them all to react unexpectedly or differently from one another. They are still going to go get extra glasses of water from the bathroom sink and leave them around the house. They will still play musical chairs, hug their enemies and be drawn to the computer to "troll teh forums". They will still route badly, swim in the winter, and go through excessive mood swings of happiness because there are decorations on the wall. They still won't experience a Fear emotion.

So at the end of the day, no matter how much depth is put into a pack, the base game is still in dire need of attention, and it's going to show through.
    #Team Occult
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    If I heard correctly during the stream, trash won't appear in any worlds but Evergreen - only smog, sunlight rays and the aurora. Which is a huge missed opportunity. They can make leaf piles and snow piles appear in all worlds so why not trash?

Also, 3 male hairs compared to at least 10 female hairs?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Exactly this. I recall this kind of thing happening before where people got hyped up for the features of a pack, but then the actual gameplay turned into a nuisance.
    Not even in a pack, I think this sums up the emotion system pretty well.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    If I heard correctly during the stream, trash won't appear in any worlds but Evergreen - only smog, sunlight rays and the aurora. Which is a huge missed opportunity. They can make leaf piles and snow piles appear in all worlds so why not trash?

There is a lot trait that when added adds trash.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Not even in a pack, I think this sums up the emotion system pretty well.

Definitely. But I was thinking of things like the Fame system and noisy apartment neighbors and roommate autonomy.
    #Team Occult
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Why does EA have such a fascination with filth and sickness? It was bad enough with having woohoo in the same bushes sims use for an outdoor bathroom. Now they are introducing woohoo in dumpsters cause the smell of rotting garbage is such an aphrodisiac. I watched the beginning of the live stream but the whole thing makes me want to puke. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I sure wouldn't have expected that the sims would have ended up as a game for filth fetishists.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

But would presumably do nothing for the world outside of your lots. That's still a disappointment in my opinion.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Why are all items so modern? I only play medieval vampires and for them there is nothing in this pack but candles. Why didn't they add a well to get water from there? This EP is cool and interesting but I will not buy it (unfortunately), because all the items are too modern and do not fit my medieval castles.

They said you can get water from the river.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member

Yes I am ttoally gutted. Just swap leaves with rubbish and job done. Of all the animations they recycle they couldn’t recycle this one. Meh !

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    This is going to sound crazy. But although the livestream did make me feel a little bit better about the pack and I'll probably consider getting it at half-price...

The HOUSES. Those tiny little unplayable houses which look like 20x15 lots but aren't.

No, I'm not complaining that they're unplayable.

But I'm complaining as hell that they look so AWFUL. Like come on! Couldn't they look a little less bland? Why do they have to be so gray?? And the window placement! So irritating...

And they're not the only ones. I've took a careful look at all of the backdrop houses and I realised I have NEVER hated backdrop houses in the sims so much. I know they should look basic, but this...

How does Brindleton Bay pull off looking nice? Windenburg? Friggin Willow Creek!?

The world itself looks pretty decent, but all of the unplayable houses completely ruin the view :cry:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    This is going to sound crazy. But although the livestream did make me feel a little bit better about the pack and I'll probably consider getting it at half-price...

The HOUSES. Those tiny little unplayable houses which look like 20x15 lots but aren't.

No, I'm not complaining that they're unplayable.

But I'm complaining as hell that they look so AWFUL. Like come on! Couldn't they look a little less bland? Why do they have to be so gray?? And the window placement! So irritating...

And they're not the only ones. I've took a careful look at all of the backdrop houses and I realised I have NEVER hated backdrop houses in the sims so much. I know they should look basic, but this...

How does Brindleton Bay pull off looking nice? Windenburg? Friggin Willow Creek!?

The world itself looks pretty decent, but all of the unplayable houses completely ruin the view :cry:

I find them annoying too. In past packs they used to be a bit further away, in unroutable terrain, so you could not really tell they are fake. Now they put them right under our sims noses. They look like small lots, why couldn't they make them empty playable lots? We need more small lots.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Every concern I might have had before the live stream is gone. I take back what I said before and for the first time in a long time, (IMO) this EP is worth the full price. There's enough of an effect on other worlds to affect some game play so it's not just confined to the one world and I think I'll enjoy customizing my other neighbourhoods.

My only concern now is building in the new world. It looks great (again, just my opinion) but with all the houses so close together and the set dressing basically on the lot your working with, it's going to be really hard to ignore and I'm going to feel forced to build into that style. I also agree with others here about more of them being 20x15 lots as well. It would have been nice for me to build a whole subdivision with my own style.

Other than that though, I'm actually really excited for this pack now and I'm not going to wait for a sale anymore. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    My only complaint is that toddlers and pets can't get up the stairs in any manner. They can't climb them and they can't be carried. I guess they'll have to teleport.

I probably couldn’t climb a one-story ladder when I was 2?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My only complaint is that toddlers and pets can't get up the stairs in any manner. They can't climb them and they can't be carried. I guess they'll have to teleport.

Even at 30 I feel ladders are quite hazardous to my well-being :joy:
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

@SimTrippy Try carrying a kicking toddler up one like I guess you should climb it with one hand? 😹😹

Actually just try climbing a ladder with one hand. 🖐🏽
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    This! We have more packs then previous games right? And look at the stage of this version. It is so empty and still unfinished actually. Loads of base game content are still not included and if they are, it's half baked as everyone always likes to call it.
    Them denying this and keep putting up the words 'we care' is just making it worse then it already is. They love looking at their statistics, well we too then. And it shows that this is exactly what you call it.. money milking.

What worries me is that people are just eating it up. A new dlc barely needs any details and people will still preorder when it comes to The Sims as seen in the recent polls.

I mean sure, it's your money and you do with it whatever you want. But to me, it's worrying that people are willing to accept products that are so ... empty and unfinished. And then people praise it like it is some gift from a god.

It basically tells the company that their products are good and that they don't need to improve.

I seriously don't get the "be grateful" argument I've seen floating around. The game and the packs are not free?! They're really expensive even? I'm sorry but the packs really aren't worth the original pricing. I bought DU at 50% off and I only then found the price to be "correct".

This is why I'm happy that Paralives is gaining attention. Sure, it won't be a AAA game, but it IS looking promising and is set to bring a TON of features we've been asking for. It might even give the sims a reason to step up their game.

The day the second trailer of the EL pack dropped, it was completely overshadowed by the reveal of the Paralives' character.

Even in the comments of EL it was filled with Paralives at the moment I looked at it.

You're right and those 'just be grateful' or 'then don't buy it' comments have been hyped up for sure to let EA get away with it all. It's funny, cause that's not the issue at all. It makes people accept everything that goes on in the world, just as long as they don't have to face it. Is this really what people think is solving injustice and wrong doing? Just looking away? Not spending your money on it?
    It is also just really true that people accept less and less for more money and that has always been like that. Standards have been decreased and if you push this long enough, most will not even realize it. It happens in every aspect in life.

Can I also just say how I really don't like how EA is hyping up their own content/features that are really not that 'amazing'. I mean I get it for marketing reasons, but it's irritating when the content really just isn't good or was a 100x better in previous games. Also, we always just get a tiny handful of new features that we are supposed to be over the moon about. When you share dislike for it, you get the 'be grateful' comments for sure :D
    EA sure in any way does not want the community to feel spoiled or overwhelmed with love and goodness for once in the existing of The Sims 4's lifetme. Would it kill them? Look what a tiny team working on an indie game does for it's community? There you have the difference right there. It's not the community, it's EA. Extra funny when it's mostly the same community and people, but you see so much difference in response and attitude between the two games. Guess where the problem lays then?

About the stream, I did see some things I was happy about, sure. I love The Sims as a game and who would not get excited for more game play, but then again, I feel bittersweet about it, cause of their ways, tricks and hyping over so little content when it used to be more. I mean, look at us, we are insanely happy about firefighters. Firefighter guys! It should have been here 5,5 years ago.. it's just sad. I refuse to give them credit for it. This is what I mean. Hyping over something to completely let us forget the fact that this was already supposed to be here a long time ago. And did they just run upon the lot? No firetruck? We waited that long and that's it? I can't tell for sure, but looking at the past, I am almost certain there won't be a firetruck.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    They definitely are, lol. Wanted to grab a textbook from the attic and nearly fell off the ladder when climbing down. That was probably the closest near death experience I've had 😂
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Im still trying to understand how this lot trait is going to work. If we put it in all the houses will it work on unplayed households? I guess lets wait for 4pm (gmt+1) when the game changers will star showing their reviews...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    meljones wrote: »
    Why does EA have such a fascination with filth and sickness? It was bad enough with having woohoo in the same bushes sims use for an outdoor bathroom. Now they are introducing woohoo in dumpsters cause the smell of rotting garbage is such an aphrodisiac. I watched the beginning of the live stream but the whole thing makes me want to puke. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I sure wouldn't have expected that the sims would have ended up as a game for filth fetishists.

I like to have variety.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's not about being wrong or right as the thread is not for stating facts to love or hate it, but opinions and feelings towards what might be or what has been shown to us.
    If you know the older threads, it was stated many times that even before more info or news comes out, I'd still like to create a place for people to just freely share their negative thoughts, despite if these were just speculations or not.

Yeah, definitely.

I don't get why people come in here to complain that people are complaining about the game. Like, really?

Just because this pack looks alright and tbf surprised the most of us (in the livestream), it doesn't mean people were in the wrong for sharing opionions on the pack, its announcements and the game as a whole.

Like, I'm still disappointed of the state the Sims 4 currently is in and the trailers really made it look like the pack was a linear story about cleaning Evergreen Harbor with some very niche gameplay and a lot of recycled animations.

The livestream did show nice things and it looks like a pretty detailed pack compared to the others. It gives me hope for the future.

Also I'd rather see a pack in a negative light and be pleasantly surprised when gameplay gets revealed than praising it, setting expectations high without having seen any gameplay and then be disappointed that my expectations weren't met. For all we know this could've been a Strangerville situation or a gamepack labelled as an expansion...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020

I'm worried about how buggy the game update might be. It's gonna be a huge update, which means a big chance of bugs.

I think we can expect some new bugs and also that a lot of mods will stop working, combine that with a lot of people going on vacation and it will probably take some time until that could be fixed...
    I'm considering installing the sims4 on my other computer so I can play if this update will mess everything up and we will not get any fixes until August.
    Hopefully it will not be that bad, but it never hurts to prepare.