Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Livestream (May 21st, 11AM PT)

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    So I said it would take something really unexpected to make me excited for this theme. Well they did it. I can't believe it but they did. I have gone from being meh to over the moon. I will be getting this pack on release as long as I have the funds. I think their marketing team really needs to up their game, they didn't do justice to this pack with the trailers. It's just like Get Together, it's marketing was horrible and it ended up being one of my favorite packs. I think this pack may become my new favorite. Great Job Sims Team.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Can't wait to put up my meat and beat it.

I just snorted water out my nose.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I wish trash was a thing with the other worlds too though, so you could really choose what neighbourhood you'd want to make your industrial-looking world.

Yes, i'm not an english speaker, did i understand well when they said that there won't be trash in the other worlds?

You can add trash in other worlds by lot trait. So just set all the lots with that trait. It can be as trashy as you like😀 and the toggle in the menu for smog

The way I understood it, trash will accumulate on the lot (probably after trash cans are full.) But it won't look trashy like the new world because garbage won't be appearing in the surrounding areas.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Extra apartments would be fantastic, but I doubt they'd add the main feature of one pack to another one.

I love it when I'm wrong! :D (Sometimes.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    4 new traits!

But 2 as the same... One is absolute useless. Whimps are not... Aspiration only two...
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited May 2020
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Did they tell if the oceans in Evergreen Harbor are swimable?

I was wondering this as well. Not just because I want swimmable water everwhere-- which I do!-- but also because it would be an interesting opportunity to have moodlets tied to the neighborhood's water eco footprint. Like, a negative moodlet for swimming in an area with poor water quality, and a positive moodlet for swimming in pristine water.

I thought about this! I wanted that also. But they didn't mention it so I'm thinking the answer is no 🤔

A fellow simmer asked on Twitter - the world is not swimmable 😭
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    11 lots
    Did anyone catch how many lots?!!

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.

I just saw 😭 guess that person was wrong. Which means probably wrong about everything else too.

To clarify 11 stand alone lots plus 2 apartment buildings with two liveable spaces in each of those apartments( 1 apartment = 2 livable lots) which =15 in total, so they were correct.

There are 11 lots. Otherwise we are doing some liveable to commercial ratio, which seems silly. There are 11 lots where 2 of those 11 lots are apartments.

13 actually
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ater sleeping on it, I have one major complaint about this live stream: I was so, so chill about this pack.

Now I have PEPS. Bad. Thanks for that, George.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I am really intrigued by Knox' lot. I wish that ome would have been showcased (also does he live alone) and they never revealed the third NPC personality only Knox and Bess, is Clare the Master Maker? Where does she live?
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Best comment I read on the chat

"YEEEY now I can make everything c**p!"

Haha. Mood.
    giphy.gif
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Alrighty, the trailer had me a little nervous, I'll admit, but this stream has me sold. I will be getting this as soon as I can!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

I am thrilled and cant wait to play and build after watching the video as I have played since Sims 1 and think this Eco world is the best they have ever come up with as so much hard work has gone into everything even the roof, floors etc and the house bills, my head is still spinning from how much there is and that's not including all the build/buy items. Wow just Wow!!! Cant wait.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Anybody know when we can expect more info? I heard game changers are allowed to talk about it today?
    Anybody know when we can expect more info? I heard game changers are allowed to talk about it today?

Yeah sometime today, guessing that'll start as of 6/7 pm my time so around 5-6 hours from now? Not sure though :)
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I believe they can start sharing their content from 6am PT time
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I MISSED IT BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THE SIMS! ARGH!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I MISSED IT BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THE SIMS! ARGH!

You can still watch it, just click on the link on the 1st page of this thread! :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Had to look at this later, but it's a definite YES to buy this pack now.

Can see myself using a lot of things in this pack and there's a lot in it I didn't think I'd be super excited for.. Also excited for the update to come to just base game too with the new billing system and better inventory what I've been wanting for ever and also FIREMEN NPC.
    5vJrxmT.png
    This is so fun!! A lot of favorite parts so far but I just go to the part where they organized the inventory. THANK YOU.

13 lots, but 2 of those are apts with 2 apts. So, 15.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    The actual stream definitely did the pack much more justice than those preachy, PSA-like trailers did. After seeing the pack's features in action, it looks like it will actually be a decent pack...even if I still wish there was some more hardcore activism and big industry vs. environmentalists gameplay involved (and it still hurts that there's no mutagenic ooze, plantsim update, or mutated monsters...). I like that the new apartments aren't going to be as annoying as the ones from CL, and the bikes and craftable furniture are really nice. I'm also glad to hear that the repo man will be coming for your stuff for unpaid bills now. Also, that flammability update and...FIREFIGHTERS ARE BACK!! YES!! The marketing team needs to be keelhauled for how badly they botched those trailers, though...

I wish that they could have showcased more of the polluted gameplay, though. They showed the somewhat smoggy 'hood state, dumpster diving, dumpster woohoo, and death by flies, and they mentioned acid rain, but I was really looking forward to seeing the nastiest states of the world as well as the mildly nasty, normal, and super clean versions. They also mentioned bribing the inspectors and using the "smog vacuum" to actually generate pollution, but they didn't demonstrate it at all. That's a real letdown, since I really wanted to see more of the "filty" gameplay and it actually piqued my interest when I heard that the "smog vacuum" could be used for evil means and you can bribe the eco inspectors. I wanted to see an actual anti-eco sim in action to demonstrate that gameplay when it came up. But, at least I can have a sim be at least a bit of a villain here, so that's nice. It's also nice to know vegetarian sims are made uncomfortable by the meat wall... >:)

Overall, it looks like this pack will be O.K. (even if the marketing team really, really failed at presenting it properly and I still wish there was more fight and challenge to the environmentalism aspect), and the patch is bringing in some much-needed quality-of-life and gameplay updates. Still, I wish they had showed off the pollution-and-filth-related mechanics a little bit more instead of just kind of glossing over them. The green stuff is fine, but it's already showcased prominently in the trailers. I watched the stream to see them show off the grunge.

They always hold stuff back for us to discover, that isn’t anything new.

That's no excuse for a shoddy trailer. Not everyone watches these streams, so for a lot of people who follow the game's DLC releases more casually, these trailers really are the make-or-break determining factor in whether or not they buy a pack. Sure, there should be a few hidden secrets, but not showcasing a whole half of the gameplay or using the wrong tone in the trailers can really do some damage to your product's appeal and sales. They made both mistakes in these trailers, which resulted in the product being grossly misrepresented initially. In the days before streaming, this would have been devastating for this EP. Market like you don't have a stream to fall back on...because for a lot of consumers, you really don't.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really enjoyed the livestream. Eco Lifestyle is definitely on my wishlist now. I especially love the new community space, traits, aspirations, skills, world, cute toddler bed...and basically everything! I only wish there was more clothing for male sims, but what there is looked great. Also, yay for firefighters at last!
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SimGuruGeorge - "Our buddy Knox has shown up...naked."

SimGuruJill - "WHAAAAAT?!"

lVATviN.jpg

:lol::lol:
    giphy.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Didn't finish it yesterday, finally got back to it.
    First, I'm really impressed with SimGuru George. He did a great job and I wasn't constantly thinking, "Please show that", "please explain that, "please fix your miserable Sim" like I was with the last one I watched. There was a lot to cover and he (and the other gurus) did a great job.

Second, this may well be the first pack with Sims 4 that I buy not on sale. I'm still mulling it over, but it may happen. And coming from me, that's high praise.
    I didn't even play Sims 4 for nearly 5 years, because I hated it when I tried it. Since I have started, I've bought everything I own on sale and there's still packs I don't own (and some I'm not remotely interested in).
    For me to see a pack and genuinely be impressed and see many things I'm excited about, has surprised me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01