Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how would everyone be happy to know that repomen are coming to the sims4?

hello to all players even do certain things in the game are not my cup of tea i would like to annouce that repomen are returning just found out via twitter

Have you ever wondered what are the “bills” that you’re actually paying for in The Sims 4? Well, worry no more!

The upcoming update for The Sims 4 is set to deliver a full estimate of how much you’re spending, including:

Lot Taxes
Power
Water
Other Taxes
Tax Breaks & Penalties
The new User Interface that The Sims Team has shown off in the stream has a Billing Estimate on the left and Power and Water consumption levels on the right. If you have Eco Lifestyle installed you’ll be able to store that extra power and water and choose to go off-the-grid with your own supply or choose to sell the extra amount you’re producing!

The update is expected to come out shortly before the release of Eco Lifestyle – which is on June 5th. they will be in the next patch
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sounds interesting. Does this mean that bills will be estimated by what is used and not by how many items a home has?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Does this mean that bills will be estimated by what is used and not by how many items a home has?

Bills are now itemized according to energy and water use in addition to your lot value, I think. I know they're itemized now I just can't remember the exact breakdown. I really need to re-watch the stream at least one more time, because it was jam packed with info.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Bills are now itemized according to energy and water use in addition to your lot value, I think. I know they're itemized now I just can't remember the exact breakdown. I really need to re-watch the stream at least one more time, because it was jam packed with info.

That's a really nice change. I haven't watched the live stream yet but I will be sure to watch it later.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    That is a possibility considering that the repo person outfit was added to the base game with an update (and the cap they wear is from base game).
    Plus they are also adding firefighters to the game.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    seem base on the info they will be in the next patch also drum roll fire fighters https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/confirmed-firefighters-coming-to-the-sims-4-base-game/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This makes sense. For off the grid gameplay loosing water and electricity doesn't really impact gameplay so you'd never have to play the bills. Now there's more challenge because not paying them also brings in the repoman.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am so glad to finally have some consequences in this game! Repo-men, actions affecting your environment, having to advocate for your action plan or else you may lose the vote, and if you do lose the vote your neighbors idea gets implemented instead of yours, meaning some actual surprise too! I am so stinking happy!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    We already had utilities shut off. Why did we need the repoman too? I hated him in the other games too!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    GOOD. I must know why my bills are $4.8k.

Repo the whole house.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Gross. I hate the repo man, I hope he only shows up on off the grid lots.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm so hype for this!! I wanted more consequences for not paying bills!🥰🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    ITS ABOUT DANG TIME.

Plus with the revamp of the bills system, Im having my families argue over why the water and/or power bill is so high that week.
    I think it will be fun to see some consequences for not playing bills. In the last family I played I would just ignore the bills until I could afford them cause they were spell casters and I could just have them live at the magic HQ for a few days. :D
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    This is kinda great, good for when my sims have too much money, definitely going to enjoy having my sims actually struggling to pay bills
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Wait, didn't Discover University have a repoman already?
    Also, did they mention that someone will come pick up your trash once a week?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay, so happy. <3 I love numbers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wait, didn't Discover University have a repoman already?
    Also, did they mention that someone will come pick up your trash once a week?

Yes - There was no mention if it’s the same repoman or not. My guess is it’ll be the same one and this is just another circumstance where they can appear (not just from avoiding student loans).

No - They mentioned your trash will be emptied once/week but didn’t stipulate if someone will actually show up on your lot to do it. My guess would be it happens automatically.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love that we'll have to manage the amount of water and electricity spent. I think that the guru mentioned that if our sims have too many baths that week the bill will be bigger and so on...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I am so happy about this, definitely one of the coolest things mentioned in the stream <3
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some people like him, some people don't. I suppose I'll have to earn some extra money fast before the patch comes out. That's what writing books and earning S4000 a day is for!

Apparently bills won't really go up, but you'll be able to manage them more easily.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Another change coming, in case you missed it: you will be able to filter your inventory to find what you want :D.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Finally, a Sims 4 game that will feel like Sims 3.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I like the fact that the bills are changing but I'm dreading the repoman.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I never liked the repoman in Sims 3.
    There are already consequences in game if you don’t pay your bills. You loose water and electricity. I prefer that over some guy coming and taking some of my stuff that I can easily replace.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I thought repo was already a thing? I watched James Turners rags to repayment and he’d have objects confiscated for not paying. And since I don’t actually play I’m confused about this.