Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• Mariah_02Mariah_02 Posts: 2 New Member
    I also have the “extreme violence” mod and the “road to fame” mod
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Mariah_02 wrote: »
    I also have the “extreme violence” mod and the “road to fame” mod

Many Mods broke with the last patch. You can check here to see if they have been updated: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition/p1
  • SimaphobiaSimaphobia Posts: 8 New Member
    Heyyy! Um, i'm really super scared to enable script mods because i'm not sure what can happen such as the unexpected behavior and crashes. I really don't know how the youtubers enable it without being scared! And what is the unexpected behavior? And also what crashes can happen??? Like have any of you enabled script mods before? And what does it do and how are you supposed to know when something bad can happen? And ALSO i'm sorry for asking all of these questions but I just really need to know and I have like all of the packs and i'm scared that the "unexpected behavior" could take them all away. Please respond ASAP please! :'(
    Heyyy! Um, i'm really super scared to enable script mods because i'm not sure what can happen such as the unexpected behavior and crashes. I really don't know how the youtubers enable it without being scared! And what is the unexpected behavior? And also what crashes can happen??? Like have any of you enabled script mods before? And what does it do and how are you supposed to know when something bad can happen? And ALSO i'm sorry for asking all of these questions but I just really need to know and I have like all of the packs and i'm scared that the "unexpected behavior" could take them all away. Please respond ASAP please! :'(
    Um hi again! About the script mod thing, throw that all AWAY! I don't need help on that, but I do need help on something about my mods aren't working with Sims 4..? Like whenever I try to go on to sims it keeps telling me, "Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged, if you have Mods installed please remove them and try again, if not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin." And I don't know what kind or mod it was!! :neutral: BUT. I do know that I got a ton of mods and i'm not sure how to remove them all because I don't even know which is making sims not work. Please help ASAP and if you could, please tell me whenever it said "please repair or "REINSTALL THE GAME" does that mean if I reinstall Sims 4 then EVERY single thing I did and all the packs I got will just go bye bye? PLEASE HELP!!! :smiley:
    Please help me because i'm crying my heart out!! ;(
    Simaphobia wrote: »
    Please help me because i'm crying my heart out!! ;(

Mods and CC can break anytime there is an update to the game. It is recommended that you move your Mods folder to your desktop before running any update. You will also most likely need to re-enable your Mods as Maxis disables them every time they do a major update.

Please see this thread here for information on the most recently broken Mods.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition/p1
    luthienrising always hosts a broken mods thread when there is a major update so keep an eye on the General Mods Discussion area.

To repair your game in origin:
    1. Cut and paste your Mods, Recorded Videos, Saves, Screenshots, and Tray folders to your desktop. This protects your data.
    2. Open Origin
    3. Go to My Game Library
    4. Right-click on the Sims 4
    5. Choose Repair Game
    6. Cut and paste the folders mentioned in Step1 back to your Sims 4 Folder

You very rarely if ever have to re-install your game. If you do ever need to re-install your game, you will not lose any packs you have purchased, they will be re-installed automatically. Before re-installing be sure to move the folders I mentioned above to your desktop.

To Update a broken Mod:
    1. Delete the broken Mod
    2. Delete the localthumbcache.package file (Clears temporary animation files). When you open the game a new localthumbcache.package file will be automatically generated
    3. Open your Cache Folder, highlight any files you see and delete those (Clears temporary files containing Gallery Pictures). This does not affect your Library or anything you favorited or uploaded to the Gallery.
    4. Download and install the updated version of your Mod
  • JobeaJobea Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this exact same problem and found that if you take the actual script file and put it into the direct mods folder- not in a subfolder or with its additives, it registers them in the game.
  • ReaperEyeReaperEye Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I have downloaded a script mod and when I enable the script mod option, my doors disappear and when I try and put doors in they say "Script mod fail". I don't know why tho because with the older versions that mod worked. Please help.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited December 2019
    ReaperEye wrote: »
    Hey I have downloaded a script mod and when I enable the script mod option, my doors disappear and when I try and put doors in they say "Script mod fail". I don't know why tho because with the older versions that mod worked. Please help.

We've seen this behaviour with a certain 18+ mod in the past, which might be also your issue. We can't discuss this stuff in this forum due to the teen rating. I would suggest to look for more recent updates on the creator's website or to visit their discord.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • 41204120 Posts: 3 New Member
    I installed the slice of life mod but it keep ending up in custom content instead of script mods I don't know what I did wrong
    4120 wrote: »
    I installed the slice of life mod but it keep ending up in custom content instead of script mods I don't know what I did wrong

Make sure you have version 3.9 https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/slice-of-life-mod and follow KawaiiStacie's installation guide:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-install-31066277
  • ameliaxoameliaxo Posts: 2 New Member
    my script mods aren’t working when I start up my game they show up but when I’m playing there not working and I have script mods enabled someone please help
  • ameliaxoameliaxo Posts: 2 New Member
    my cc is also showing in script mods and not working
  • DiamondwonDiamondwon Posts: 1 New Member
    Please help!!! Before I got a new computer I had MC command center so I knew it downloaded and worked perfectly fine. After I got a new computer I tried to install it into my game and it isn't working. The main source of the problem is when I click the check mark for script mods it says I have to restart my game, but when I do it isn't check marked. MC command shows up in cc and not the script also. I know I took the right steps to download the mod, but my script mod enabler won't actually enable script mods.
  • Liamcc18Liamcc18 Posts: 1 New Member
    my script mods aren’t working in game . i downloaded sacrificial mods extreme violence > documents > electronic arts > the sims 4 > mods and restarted my game . I have script mods allowed and everything is enabled but when i go into games nothing is there ? can someone please help me
  • LittleRamLittleRam Posts: 1 New Member
    So, I enable script mods push apply changes then restart the game so it'll all work, but when I enter back into the game and go into settings to check if script mods is still enabled it'll be disabled, and so none of the mods I downloaded work. Can someone help me?
  • Destinnyy19Destinnyy19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone PLEASE Help Me !!!? Every time I download a mod it doesn’t Work and I enable script mods in my game even when I take out my cc and Just have one mode it doesn’t work please help me
  • chellee11227700chellee11227700 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had my mods in game for half a year now. Recently my game will show the logo screen and then turn into a white screen when I go to play. So I recently bought new expansion packs, tried to create a new file and just transfer everything over. It was working fine, until i went to game options and put allow script mods then it crashed AGAIN. I re-downloaded the script mods, but my game still crashes. I am confused because the mods are compatible with all my packs and the game has been crashing before I got the new packs.
  • AnimalAnimal Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm new to here and downloading mods. I was hoping someone could tell me how to keep script mods turned on in my game. I click the little box, click apply changes then I restart the game. It shows me the regular mods but not the script mods that should be there and when I look at the box for script mods its no longer clicked.
    Animal wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to here and downloading mods. I was hoping someone could tell me how to keep script mods turned on in my game. I click the little box, click apply changes then I restart the game. It shows me the regular mods but not the script mods that should be there and when I look at the box for script mods its no longer clicked.

Hi! I hope I can help! You are doing the right thing with enabling Mods, we just have to troubleshoot a little bit!
    IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE LEGACY VERSION OF THE GAME CHECK WITH THE CREATOR OF THE MOD TO SEE IF IT IS COMPATIBLE

1. Make sure your Mod is not in a ZIP or RAR folder, if it is it needs to be unpacked. If you have a newer computer you should be able to right-click on the folder and choose to unpack/unzip it. Otherwise, you may need to download 7-Zip or something similar from your Google or Outlook Store. Once the Mod is unpacked cut and paste any ,package files and .ts4script files to your Mods folder

2. Only files ending with .package and .ts4script should be in your Mods folder

3. .ts4script mods can only be one folder deep in your Mods folder, you cannot have subfolders for script Mods

4. Anytime you install or delete a Mod you should also delete everything inside of your cache folder and the localthumbcache.package file this will clear out any bloated commands and animations

5. If you are still having problems try repairing your game. Go into your game library in Origin and right-click on The Sims 4, you should see the option to repair your game.

6. While you are in Origin you may want to disable the automatic update feature. Some players find it pleasing to play their game without the update until any broken Mods they have are been fixed. Then they remove the old mods, update, and install the new versions. Remember step 4. :) At the top of the Origin box, there is a drop-down list labeled Origin. Choose Application Settings and you should be able to change the automatic download. (There is usually a thread on the forum under General Mods Discussion listing broken and update Mods for the latest patch.)

7. One last thing you can do if all else fails is reset your game. Cut and Paste your Sims 4 folder to your desktop then open your game. A new folder will be generated. Close the game and copy back these files to your new Sims 4 folder: Custom Music, Mods, Recorded Videos (if you make videos in the game), Saves, Screenshots (if you make screenshots), and Tray. When you copy the Mods folder over you will be asked if you want to replace the resource.cfg file. I usually say no and use the newly generated file and delete the one left in the desktop folder. You should occasionally make backups of the files I listed on a thumb drive in case you have a computer disaster. Knock on wood.

8. If you still do not have Mods you may have to contact EA Answers HQ or go to MCCC's discord, those folks are wizards!

9. Whoops, I probably should have mentioned making sure you are downloading Mods that are compatible with the latest patch. ;)

Good luck!
  • antibody22antibody22 Posts: 4 New Member
    I did a fresh install of my game and 'ENABLE MODS' was checked by default. I checked scripts and then restarted. The game sees my scripts in my Mods folder but not any of my CC. I have tried almost every suggestion out there. But I keep coming back to this main game issue.
  • antibody22antibody22 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @antibody22 said:
    > I did a fresh install of my game and 'ENABLE MODS' was checked by default. I checked scripts and then restarted. The game sees my scripts in my Mods folder but not any of my CC. I have tried almost every suggestion out there. But I keep coming back to this main game issue.

I fixed it... in my OPTIONS.INI file there is a command called modsdisabled = 1 not modsenabled = 1 so I changed it to 0 and they all appeared... that is an EA error... so utterly bizarre
  • sabamoshesabamoshe Posts: 2 New Member
    i have script mods installd and when i enter the game i see it on statup but i cant use them in actuall game.
    anyone can help?
  • TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    > @sabamoshe said:
    > i have script mods installd and when i enter the game i see it on statup but i cant use them in actuall game.
    > anyone can help?

You need to go into Settings and under Others, make sure you have the Enable Script Mods Checked.