Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Mods

I have just purchased a new computer and installing my mods. I have redownloaded the suite mods and they will not load into my game. The game goes back to desktop. Everything else works. Is there an answer for this? Thanks

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Why don't you tell us exactly what you did - step-by-step - to reinstall the mods into your game? People will be able to help you better and show you what to do next.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    1.Which game? Sims 3 or Sims 4?
    2.Which mods exactly are you trying to download(Story progression, overwatch etc)
    3.Do you have your mods folder set up properly?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm going to assume that by "everything else works," your Mods Framework is working correctly in that mods from other sources or other forms of package based content, if you have any, also work?

There are two situations with NRaas mods that will crash the game on startup every time for anyone. One is if the MasterController Progression optional add-on module is present but the StoryProgression mod is missing. The add-on module is meant to be a bridge between MC and SP, and it will malfunction if both base mods are not loading. The other is if the Cupcake mod is present but the EA store bakery set content is not loading as Cupcake's specific role is to manage that content. Either of these possible?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that by "everything else works," your Mods Framework is working correctly in that mods from other sources or other forms of package based content, if you have any, also work?

There are two situations with NRaas mods that will crash the game on startup every time for anyone. One is if the MasterController Progression optional add-on module is present but the StoryProgression mod is missing. The add-on module is meant to be a bridge between MC and SP, and it will malfunction if both base mods are not loading. The other is if the Cupcake mod is present but the EA store bakery set content is not loading as Cupcake's specific role is to manage that content. Either of these possible?

Thank you @igazor for the useful tip I will see because I got problems with nrass mods too.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • DawnelDawnel Posts: 76 Member
    igazor- The only mod that will not kick me back to desktop is Reutuner and it is one of the mods I want. No master control, story progression, error trap, overwatch will let me in. I tried running ET and OW alone with nothing else and it still did not work. I downloaded Cupcake but it is not in my game.
    @Dawnel - What kind of an installation is this (Origin, Steam, retail disc) and what patch level is your game at? What happens if you pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents or rename it thus forcing a new, no content game folder to spawn, set up the Mods Framework on the new game folder, and add a couple of mods like Overwatch and the base mod only for MasterController?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • DawnelDawnel Posts: 76 Member
    @igazor I found my problem. I downloaded the SuperPatch and didn't open it. I was on the wrong Patch. /thank you for the help. Everything is working fine now.
  • Keljah08Keljah08 Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning everyone!
    I have been looking for this thread for a little while now to share with you my concerns.

I have just bought a new laptop and the first thing I wanted to do was to install The Sims 3. I play the game via Origin.
    On my late computer (may it rest in peace) I had installed all the mods, especially the story progression one. Anyway, yesterday I get my hands on an internet connection \o/ and download Origin, the base game the Sims 3 and all the expansions.

Guys, at this point I'm very excited. I've never had a gaming laptop before so I had never experienced a great quality Sims playing adventure before. Knowing that I possess the expansions and all, I was looking forward to add the mods.

I am so out of the computer gaming world that I didn't notice that I was now running on Windows 10 (what was I using before? I can't even tell). But I pay no mind and go through the process via the NRaas website and download the mods and install everything. I run the game and... fail. The introduction keeps running. I check the internet to find out if people have had the same problem I encountered and "Victory!" (sorry) Of course I'm not the only one. I read carefully and follow the instructions of Igazor (a true wizard this one): "Go to your TS3 game folder inside of Documents\Electronic Arts\TheSims3. Pull the entire Mods folder out to your Desktop, all of it.

-- Create a new folder inside of the TS3 game folder called Mods.

-- Inside of Mods, create a new folder called Packages and a second new folder called Overrides.

-- Also inside of Mods, as a third item, drag and drop or copy/paste the Resource.cfg file that is someplace inside of the pulled out messed up Framework. So now there will be three and only three things inside of Mods: a subfolder called Packages, a subfolder called Overrides, and the required Resource.cfg file.

-- Inside of Mods\Packages, put your package files. That would be NoBuildSparkles and NoIntro. I don't see any NRaas mods in your intended setup yet, but these two are fine to test with.

Clear your game folder's cache files again and startup."

I start the game again and the the same result as before. I try again 2-3 times and decide to just take the new Mods folder out of the Framework-set up folder and to put directly on the game folder. Tadaaaaaa! It's working now!! So thank you so much Igazor! If you ever read this, know that some people are very grateful for your patience and talent.
    @Keljah08 - Well, that is where the Mods folder is supposed to go. On the top (root) level of your The Sims 3 user game folder. Not sure I really deserve any credit for that, but glad you worked it out and got things working as they should. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Keljah08Keljah08 Posts: 16 Member
    @igazor Dude, you're humble, yappari! It's not the first time that I have followed your advice. I think back in 2012-13, you were already helping out people. But, yeah, my game works well so I'm good for now. You might see me again if something go array!