Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Livestream (May 21st, 11AM PT)

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    The game play trailer look nice but I will be buying it but not not for $40 dollars as I still do not believe it is worth every dollar it is asking for and will wait for an sale.

Did you watch the livestream??????

Why get so excited and as I said I will wait for an sale, it may have tickled you silly but not me as I looking for something that Sims 4 is just not providing and this pack will not so I repeat it is not worth the asking price. :/

...to you. "Worth it" is in the eye of the purchaser.

And that is exactly what I meant and is not for me :D

Fair enough :)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited May 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    It's so sad how many people were negative and already said they weren't going to buy this pack because of the trailer and won't even look at this livestream. Bad marketing is what it is. This might be one of the better packs, actually.

Actually, what is sad that people get disappointed when people do not agree with others about something that they do share the same thoughts. Now some do go overboard with being negative but as long as it constructive those folks do not have to agree and it is an let's agree to disagree and what matters is how you feel towards the pack. I liked the gameplay but it lacks an little something and not enough for me to get peps. However one bright point I will be getting it but still not at the full price is the return of firefighters and some other stuff. :)

No, what I said is still sad. I didn't say anything about people having to agree. I didn't see one positive comment on youtube because of the trailer and that is what's sad according to me. It's fine if you don't like it as much. Do what you want. You're the one trying to push your opinion about what is sad on me now. 😅
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's so sad how many people were negative and already said they weren't going to buy this pack because of the trailer and won't even look at this livestream. Bad marketing is what it is. This might be one of the better packs, actually.

Actually, what is sad that some people get disappointed when people do not agree with others about something that they do share the same thoughts. Now some do go overboard with being negative but as long as it constructive those folks do not have to agree and it is an let's agree to disagree and what matters is how you feel towards the pack. I liked the gameplay but it lacks an little something and not enough for me to get peps. However one bright point I will be getting it but still not at the full price is the return of firefighters and some other stuff. :)

No, what I said is still sad. I didn't say anything about people having to agree. You're the one trying to push your opinion about what is sad on me now. 😅

There I changed it for you but I misread your post about the game play trailer and the game trailer so I will say my bad. But everything else pertaining to me getting it at an sale sticks, one other thing I do not watch Youtube.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I now like the new upcoming game.

I still find the insects gross.

I love the variety new machines, homemade furniture, the 1980s TV, Retroman, the CAS,
    build modes, 13 lots, new apartments, new traits, new aspirations, the community events
    & the scooter bikes.😍

I still need to know the new menu options for the new toggles & what's is the real purpose for that silly meat wall?🤔

And, I so find it too funny with the garbage woohoo & the walk of shame paperbag. Lol😝
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I wish trash was a thing with the other worlds too though, so you could really choose what neighbourhood you'd want to make your industrial-looking world.

From my understanding you have to apply the lot trait and it will get trashy. So basically apply it to all the lots in the world I'm thinking. Plus we have the toggle to add smog
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wish trash was a thing with the other worlds too though, so you could really choose what neighbourhood you'd want to make your industrial-looking world.

Yes, i'm not an english speaker, did i understand well when they said that there won't be trash in the other worlds?

You can add trash in other worlds by lot trait. So just set all the lots with that trait. It can be as trashy as you like😀 and the toggle in the menu for smog
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Oh they didn't show pollution in other worlds?
    😔

Seems so. Just smog. No trash. A bit disappointed. But the rest is awesome.

There is a new lot trait you can add anywhere where trash accumulates and a garbage man picks it up once a week!

Wait. We get garbage men? I missed that!! Omg😶
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    😔

There is a new lot trait you can add anywhere where trash accumulates and a garbage man picks it up once a week!

Yeah I was a bit confused when they said this. Not sure if we'll actually see anyone pick up any trash but with that one lot trait it gets picked up once a week (as far as I understood anyway).
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Can the devs that worked on this pack and I mean this exact team and constellation work on all EPs please?
    Thanks
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Yes, i'm not an english speaker, did i understand well when they said that there won't be trash in the other worlds?

You can add trash in other worlds by lot trait. So just set all the lots with that trait. It can be as trashy as you like😀 and the toggle in the menu for smog

@Babykittyjade thank you for answering! Good news :tongue:
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    The purpose of the live stream is to get people to buy the pack.

Mission accomplished!

Lol, exactly :joy:

@Mandie997 the purpose of watching it is to understand whether we should buy it at all. This stream didn't bore me for a single second and they actually spent sooo little time on CAS/BB compared to some other streams. There is so much I'm excited about. I was sitting in our living room shouting: OMG UTILITIES AND BILLS.

My boyfriend was just looking at me with this "what you simmers get excited about, I'll never quite understand"-look :joy:

Hahahaha. My mom walked in on the garbage woohoo and she's like why would they put that nasty stuff in a game?! I'm like mom everyone does it these days 😅😅

Then the guy dies from flies and another sim walks out of the house with a bag on his head and my mom is like this is a creep show!! O.o
    😂😂😂😂😂
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    😔

Yeah I was a bit confused when they said this. Not sure if we'll actually see anyone pick up any trash but with that one lot trait it gets picked up once a week (as far as I understood anyway).

I get the impression it just means your bin will be empty once a week, not a sim actually coming to empty it.
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I managed to catch some of the stream live but couldn't watch it all. I have read amazing things though! I'm so proud of this team!

See, what I think is happening is now that the Gurus have passed all the traditional packs (seasons, uni, etc), they are having a blast coming up with brand new ideas and themes! The best part is that now that they know this engine inside and out, they know how to utilize it to it's full potential and we now have this jam packed pack!

I'm really excited!! I think they undersold how good this pack is intentionally 😈
    It's been really fun seeing the community rally around all the Gurus today showering them with praise!! Love it!

I can't wait for what may be in the future for sims 4! I think the gurus just opened a pandora box. Now we can expect anything!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Did they say when the patch comes?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Guys there's apparently also soy plants included in the pack!! :love: And toddlers also have a bag!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I imagine in two weeks we'll have the patch.

I wish they’d give it to us sooner lol

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can the devs that worked on this pack and I mean this exact team and constellation work on all EPs please?
    Thanks

I agree! I have always enjoyed Sims 4 but I am blown away by the attention to details that is being added with this and the patch! This makes me absolutely ecstatic for the future of this game and wanting 6 more years to become a mind blowing game!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Did they tell if the oceans in Evergreen Harbor are swimable?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I love the paper sack heads. I can finally make a proper whodat nation.
    Y’ALL sliding windows and doors without a grid. It’s beautiful, it’s so beautiful 😭😭😭

*Im not crying you are*

June 2nd.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

What is the purpose of the bags on their heads? I missed that part.

They are embarrassed of their neighborhood.

It's actually one of the NAPs called "We Wear Bags"
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

What is the purpose of the bags on their heads? I missed that part.

They are embarrassed of their neighborhood.

It's actually one of the NAPs called "We Wear Bags"

It's a neighborhood action plan yes, but SimGuruGeorge said it's because they are embarrassed of their neighborhood.