Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I was hoping something from the trailer would make me want to buy this pack, but I saw nothing. It was very disappointing. I hope that the livestream will show something worth having this pack. As for now this is definitely an on sale buy and that's still up in the air for debate. This may be the first EP since Sims1, that I won't buy and that fir some reason makes me very sad.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2020

They said they’ll show that in the live stream today.

Heard there would be a livestream today, but can't seem to find what time they'll stream? Do you have an idea?

If they didn't show the pollution effects in the stream, that'd be pretty sad considering it's supposed to be a selling point...
    As I said, I'm keeping my expectations low, as I've been doing these past few years. Out of experience I know I'll probably be disappointed again, lol.

I just think the quality of the packs have been dwindling over the years. I don't know if this is due technical limitations or something, but I find it unacceptable that packs of past Sims games have featured more and imo better/complete content.

I haven't been as excited as I used to be when Sims 3 packs were announced or even the Sims 4 basegame. It definitely isn't because I aged because I still lose my mind/get really excited over new stuff in other games.

This franchise has been a big part of my childhood and I don't like the direction it's taking atm.
    The game feels like a big money grab to me. How many dlc packs do we have already? We're nearing the 30, that's just insane!

This! We have more packs then previous games right? And look at the stage of this version. It is so empty and still unfinished actually. Loads of base game content are still not included and if they are, it's half baked as everyone always likes to call it.
    Them denying this and keep putting up the words 'we care' is just making it worse then it already is. They love looking at their statistics, well we too then. And it shows that this is exactly what you call it.. money milking.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    This! We have more packs then previous games right? And look at the stage of this version. It is so empty and still unfinished actually. Loads of base game content are still not included and if they are, it's half baked as everyone always likes to call it.
    Them denying this and keep putting up the words 'we care' is just making it worse then it already is. They love looking at their statistics, well we too then. And it shows that this is exactly what you call it.. money milking.

What worries me is that people are just eating it up. A new dlc barely needs any details and people will still preorder when it comes to The Sims as seen in the recent polls.

I mean sure, it's your money and you do with it whatever you want. But to me, it's worrying that people are willing to accept products that are so ... empty and unfinished. And then people praise it like it is some gift from a god.

It basically tells the company that their products are good and that they don't need to improve.

I seriously don't get the "be grateful" argument I've seen floating around. The game and the packs are not free?! They're really expensive even? I'm sorry but the packs really aren't worth the original pricing. I bought DU at 50% off and I only then found the price to be "correct".

This is why I'm happy that Paralives is gaining attention. Sure, it won't be a AAA game, but it IS looking promising and is set to bring a TON of features we've been asking for. It might even give the sims a reason to step up their game.

The day the second trailer of the EL pack dropped, it was completely overshadowed by the reveal of the Paralives' character.

Even in the comments of EL it was filled with Paralives at the moment I looked at it.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

What worries me is that people are just eating it up. A new dlc barely needs any details and people will still preorder when it comes to The Sims as seen in the recent polls.

I mean sure, it's your money and you do with it whatever you want. But to me, it's worrying that people are willing to accept products that are so ... empty and unfinished. And then people praise it like it is some gift from a god.

I have a feeling some people buy new content because they are bored with the game. They want something to keep them playing, even if its just for a little while. It's kind of like a band aid that they just slap on as a quick fix but will know they will end up ripping it off anyway. I have felt like that from time to time.
    giphy.gif
    I have a feeling some people buy new content because they are bored with the game. They want something to keep them playing, even if its just for a little while. It's kind of like a band aid that they just slap on as a quick fix but will know they will end up ripping it off anyway. I have felt like that from time to time.

That's likely, but then again. Why should we buy so much packs to get enjoyment?

If you were to buy all packs at full price, you'd be spending hundreds of euros on a game that still, with all this dlc isn't "complete".

I played Sims 3 SOOO much and the expansion packs felt like completely new games, giving me even more reason to keep playing. It was one of the few games I played at the time.
    I can't say the same about TS4. I only recently picked it back up after a hiatus of nearly a year and that wasn't my first break from the game either.

Now it's like "Wow that looks shiny" when a pack comes out and a week later I'm bored again.

I've never had to make up challenges for myself to make something fun. Yet here I am playing the legacy challenge ...

Currently, the only enjoyment I get out of Sims 4 is my legacy household and the whacky things that happen/I make happen.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2020
    I count 11 lots on the map. That's not "a lot of lots for you lot." Am I missing something?

Ah, ok 13. I couldn't see the 2 apartment lots at first.
    edited May 2020
    You can't rewind the livestream?!

Oof. I missed the first hour.

Figured I'd start watching later so I could speed forward on the boring parts xp
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    You can't rewind the livestream?!

Oof. I missed the first hour.

Figured I'd start watching later so I could speed forward on the boring parts xp

You'll be able to as soon as it's finished I think. There might be a way to do it now already, but I dunno how.
    The new world looks gorgeous!

There's NO WAY this is the pack I'm NOT disappointed about.

Lmao
    The new world looks gorgeous!

There's NO WAY this is the pack I'm NOT disappointed about.

Lmao

Ikr :joy: Glad I kept a relatively open mind about it and expected nothing cause this actually looks like it has a ton of cool gameplay in it.
    Also did I hear this correct... NEW apartments?!!!!
    edited May 2020
    Also did I hear this correct... NEW apartments?!!!!

Yeeees 4 of them xD I said if the rumors are true (and they all are) it's an instant buy for me. Well I stand by that - not just because the rumors are true and all these additions, including apartments, are amazing, but because the rest looks pretty amazing too :D
    edited May 2020
    I found a live video on YT I can rewind. Watching now

Edit: I'm nearly caught up!
    Post edited by rottmeister on
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hate eating my words, but now I might consider buying it on sale.
    I hate eating my words, but I might even consider buying it on sale.

SAME
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm much more interested in the pack now, as it does seem like I can easily apply it to my normal sim play. Perhaps they should reconsider how they do the trailers in the future.
    Not completely sold, but it does look way better than expected.

I regret they didn't show the effects on the other worlds, unless I missed it.

This is starting to look more like an expansion pack and this makes me more excited for the Sims' future.

Might get it eventually in a sale.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Well, I can't complain anymore, so I'm out of here. LOL :D Still hate the meat wall though.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm too lazy to watch the whole stream, so are most things better than expected?
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to watch the whole stream, so is most things better than expected?
    it's actually a really well made stream - SimGuruGeorge is now my favorite guru. Worth a watch.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    it's actually a really well made stream - SimGuruGeorge is now my favorite guru. Worth a watch.

I watched a little bit but I have too short patience :lol:

That look on his face when "not" revealing firefighters are totally a thing now was priceless
    caOGcbq.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That look on his face when "not" revealing firefighters are totally a thing now was priceless
    caOGcbq.png
    Yeah that was fun, and what really stuck out to me was how much SimGuruGeorge enjoyed himself - he even had to stop himself from playing the game during stream. :D
    Allons-y!

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Well, I can't complain anymore, so I'm out of here. LOL :D Still hate the meat wall though.

Same two times. The meat wall is just so weird
    giphy.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    That was a great livestream, only thing I am worried about now is how well this will work in the game. He did use cheats to get some things working so I hope that the voting and the other stuff actually works. I was not a fan that the sims walked around with paper bags on their heads as well, another situational outfit.

But I am happy that I was wrong about a lot of things.