Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I hope there is an option to keep this world clean. An option or cheat.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope there is an option to keep this world clean. An option or cheat.

That should mean that you can get a world clean and then keep it that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like to know more about this new world. I agree that it kind of looks like a cross between the Pacific NW, Scandinavia, and the Rust Belt. I'm kind of getting "Twinbrook" vibes in terms of how run down it is. I guess the term is "post-industrial".

I would be cleaning it up but I'd really only want pollution effects in that world. Depending on how that works any "cleaning up the world" gameplay might need to be in a separate save. If you can manage it per world, I would be willing to do that just in this world.

I have interest in this pack but I don't have a specific timeline. The world will be one of the things I'll consider, how usable and functional it is. I mean, I like renovating houses so I might be able to have fun with that. It might be an alternative place for young sims to move.

I do like having an evolving world in which actions influence gameplay.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It looks very much like the Pacific Northwest of the US to me.
    I agree. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    It might be worth starting a new Save or two to experiment a bit with it to see if I want to use the Options to turn it on or off for those Saves I have already made. One ultra clean and one ultra polluted.

I wonder if it does affect all worlds except 3 as we've heard lately, what plants and trash might pollute each? They should be different for Sulani and Winderburg but will they?
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    All of the beauty of the landscape, discussions of its real world vibe, and new gameplay features aside...I desperately need the rusted silo with the fish graffiti. <3
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Today’s blog post reveals that there are 3 neighborhoods :)

Grims Quarry
    Conifer Station
    Port Promise

There is also a rumor that claims there are 15 lots in total, including some apartment lots. Not sure how true it is given no apartments have been shown or mentioned.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today's blog post also mentions the train station. I think that we won't be able to enter it, but i wish we could...
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Today’s blog post reveals that there are 3 neighborhoods :)

Grims Quarry
    Conifer Station
    Port Promise

There is also a rumor that claims there are 15 lots in total, including some apartment lots. Not sure how true it is given no apartments have been shown or mentioned.

It could be. There are apartment buildings seen in the video, which makes me think they might be one of the neighborhoods.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is Grims Quarry where the reaper lives? :p
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It looks like parts of Canada to me.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    When I saw the northern lights I thought they were going for Alaska it does look that way in the summer and spring you know
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Today's blog post also mentions the train station. I think that we won't be able to enter it, but i wish we could...

You can go above it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

You can go above it.

Yes, sims can walk on the train tracks above the station, which I find a bit weird to be honest. Probably there's no train anymore. I would have loved to see a train stop every now and then in the station.
    crocobaura wrote: »

You can go above it.

Yes, sims can walk on the train tracks above the station, which I find a bit weird to be honest. Probably there's no train anymore. I would have loved to see a train stop every now and then in the station.

Not weird at all, and nope as it’s called the “old train station” aka no longer in use.

Is anyone else hoping for a ton of small lots? In the trailer it looks to be mostly 20x15 and that’s what I’ve been wishing for for a long time. There aren’t enough in my opinion.

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Has there been a new blog released about the world? I didn’t see anything about the station
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Has there been a new blog released about the world? I didn’t see anything about the station

They showed the station in the new trailer.

They mention it in the latest blog

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm expecting maybe 8 lots in the world. Based on the trailer, there are 2 in the train station area, 2 in the quarry area, and 4 in the port area.

I would be shocked if there were 15. It'd be fantastic, but I don't expect it.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i would have to agree the few packs with new worlds only had a few lots in them..
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm expecting maybe 8 lots in the world. Based on the trailer, there are 2 in the train station area, 2 in the quarry area, and 4 in the port area.

I would be shocked if there were 15. It'd be fantastic, but I don't expect it.

No way, this is a full expansion, we need more lots than that. Del Sol Valley had 11 (12 if you include the acting lot) and everyone was outraged, there's no way there would only be 8, especially as they said there are 'lots of lots' on twitter. They've confirmed 3 neighbourhoods, so at a minimum of 3 lots per neighbourhood I'd say 9 is bare minimum, though I'd be very disappointed with that. Other expansion worlds recently have had 13/14 lots, so 15 wouldn't be too far off. I just really hope we get lots of lots!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020

They mention it in the latest blog
    Do you mean on Twitter?

I will be so thrilled if there is train interaction! I’ve always wanted a train in the game!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I hope not all are 20x15 lots tho, if prefer a much bigger lot so I can make a massive garden area and all kinds, just because it's going to be eco friendly doesn't mean my sims won't have all I can give them, for that I need alot of space