Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on the new community stuff pack?

Comments

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited May 2020
    meh
    I like some of the CAS and Build/Buy items that the pack is going to have, but that's all I'll be buying it for.

I still think knitting is a pretty boring hobby, which I'll probably do once just for the experience, then never bother with it again.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love it!
    I think I really like the sound of it because I'm very much into knitting. I love the idea of additionally being able to sell your work and earn an income.
    I'm usually not of fan of the stuff packs but the theme won me over in this case.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love it!
    I wasn't really hyped, but was still planning to buy it, cause my sims need more stuff to do.

But when I heard about Plopsy I completely changed my mind. I hate selling stuff through inventory, it's so unrealistic.
    So it's possible it's gonna be even my fav stuff pack.

EDIT: I forgot they're adding Metal as new radio station aswell. As a metal head, I am even forced to buy it :D
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I love it!
    im buying it the day its out
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love it!
    I wanted this to be an elder SP, which has obviously not happened, but I do like that elders get a special interaction on the rocking chair. I hope the devs add more elder-specific interactions and details :)

I really like that there seems to be a wide variety of things to knit, and that the clothes need to be unlocked. This would give clothes stores more of a point, and it provides a little challenge. I love crafting in the game, so the more the merrier. I hope the knittable plushies function as real toys, since I really want to be able to make toys for my kids.

The online store sounds cute as well. It seems that this SP is quite full.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I love it!
    Love love love it! The metal music station has got me hyped! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • coldladycoldlady Posts: 7 New Member
    I hate it!
    Pottery would have been more usefull and fun
    Some dangerous stuff NEEDS to be in game, be it burglars, Piranha's or sharks in sulani or whatever
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hate it!
    It was not my first choice. I doubt I will ever try out the knitting feature. I’m buying it for the other stuff and to make downloading lots from the gallery simpler.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'll probably get it on sale. I'm still gutted that so many of my favourite objects and CAS items didn't win, but I would still like the knitting activity and the rocking chair, and I can definitely use plopsy even though the name bugs me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I love it!
    I need rocking chairs!!! :smiley: Metal radio station and knitting are ok too :smile:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    meh
    I don't care I don't voted but I maybe won't play with the new features at all as casual, I just want it for the city and the new stuffs.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    meh
    The only reason the theme went "Arts & Crafts" -> "Knitting" is because family players want more Elder gameplay. It's just another community stuff pack where family realism players overran people with other playstyles to fill in the holes in their gameplay left by a lacking base game and the team's general lack of specific focus on family life in the majority of pack releases. It's how every stinkin' "community pack" vote is going to go so long as the dev team-driven packs keep focusing mainly on Young Adult singles, because family players will not rest until they either get a full "Generations" EP or they use every community pack vote to build it piece by precious piece through smaller packs.

In short, whatever. Take your knitting and rocking chairs. Enjoy 'em. I'm not buying this thing, just like I'm not buying that dirt-dull "Laundry Day" bologna ya'll voted for last time.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I love it!
    I like that they’ve added rocking chairs to it and the metal station interactions are a pleasant surprise. I’m still interested in more arts and crafts but maybe they will pull an Eco Lifestyle and make Happy Haunts an expansion or game pack.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    meh
    The only reason the theme went "Arts & Crafts" -> "Knitting" is because family players want more Elder gameplay. It's just another community stuff pack where family realism players overran people with other playstyles to fill in the holes in their gameplay left by a lacking base game and the team's general lack of specific focus on family life in the majority of pack releases. It's how every stinkin' "community pack" vote is going to go so long as the dev team-driven packs keep focusing mainly on Young Adult singles, because family players will not rest until they either get a full "Generations" EP or they use every community pack vote to build it piece by precious piece through smaller packs.

In short, whatever. Take your knitting and rocking chairs. Enjoy 'em. I'm not buying this thing, just like I'm not buying that dirt-dull "Laundry Day" bologna ya'll voted for last time.

I don't think this iteration is being built like that. This eco pack proves that we are getting stuff little by little over the whole game and stuff will be added with each coming pack. An example of this is the off the grid stuff. We've had useful bits in Jungle adventure, StrangerVille, Sulani with the Off the Grid lots and culminating in this new one.

Nifty knitting will also come in useful after this with the selling of craft items selling on Plopsy. You only get the full benefit of all this if you have the complete set in my opinion.
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    I love it!
    I like crafting myself so I'm happy with the outcome, even though I'd have preferred pottery or maybe crochet instead of knitting (works better for all generations with amigurumi and such).
    What I think is especially nice about knitting, is that it is also something that fits the elders nicely.

@InuMiroLover I think Plopsy was announced in the Eco Lifestyle lifestream that it will come as a base game update, so no need to buy any packs for that :)
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hate it!
    I voted for it but I..I hate it

edit: whoops - forgot to mention that I'm talking about this choice versus some of the other choices in the first polling options

I also voted for it. It had so much potential, but is another disappointing stuff pack. Also, the "Arts and Crafts" stuff pack should include jewelry and pottery too. We have painting in the game, and are going to have knitting in the game, so we should also have jewelry making and pottery. Basically, we could have pottery wheels and make jewelry for sims to wear.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I love it!
    I’m in love with what we know so far, it’s turning out better than I first thought. 😍 I can’t wait.
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I'm undecided.

I thought I would dislike the eco living one but the livestream kinda proved me wrong... so now I am a bit weary about judging this one before I see it (if you know what I mean).
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I don't love it, I don't hate it, and I don't ignore it. I know they put some extra effort in these community voted packs, so even if it's not initially an attractive theme to me, I know it's going to turn out good enough, I even helped pick the stuff in it, so I definitely want it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I love it!
    It's going to have a radio channel with metal, so I will buy it, just for that.

Crafting is also one the things that I think works pretty well in the sims4. For the most part. So I like that we will get a pack that is based on crafting. Unlocking things is nice too, it adds more gameplay.

The clothes look pretty good too, and the build/buy objects. A lot of things that I voted for made it.

Hairstyles look...meh to me. I don't think they look pretty good.

So overall, I like it.
  • JoRoderickJoRoderick Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, I also voted for the different objects, but I don't like this pack. I don't like the general direction of the theme or the objects. It is way too specifically textured to be of use in general game play or building. I wish Maxis/EA would stop doing this. Sure, create objects with stickers and stuff on them, but add 'normal' swatches to. Please stop creating shelves and bookcases filled with decor objects we would really rather have as separate items. Why is this even still a discussion after 2 decades.

Several people asked me why I am not working for Maxis LOL! I told those people to ask EA why they don't hire some of the talent from the community. I've been making custom content for the Sims since the beginning with Sims 1, but now I prefer to do less CC since it doesn't appear on the gallery. I maintain an architectural channel with cinematic tours of my designs, and some of my older CC (like solar panels and shipping containers) which is now coming in the new EP. So often I am tempted to just create custom content (and I have) just to FIX objects in the game.

If Maxis are actually reading, hire some talent from those people who have been around as fans before the game became a bestseller. Some of them are even architects ....

I’ll probably buy this pack eventually. It’s not a top priority since the build items are too specific to be of much use outside Granny’s flat.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love it!
    Forget knitting, when I heard the fact it would have a metal station, I was hooked. The rocking chairs are also a nice addition. You know, even with the most hated packs here, I had a reason to buy them. For me, even Strangerville--I bought it for the CAS. The world (and most of its households) is among my favorites, but too darn hampered by the storyline, and the fact that it is from a Game Pack, thus small.
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Forget knitting, when I heard the fact it would have a metal station, I was hooked. The rocking chairs are also a nice addition. You know, even with the most hated packs here, I had a reason to buy them. For me, even Strangerville--I bought it for the CAS. The world (and most of its households) is among my favorites, but too darn hampered by the storyline, and the fact that it is from a Game Pack, thus small.

I actually agree with you about strangerville! It's one of my favorite packs too because I love the world and the detail that they put into it. It definitely would have made a better expansion pack than pack

I'll probably end up buying it and loving it but right now I think I'm just salty that more people didn't vote for the supernatural game pack.
    Also I had forgotten about the metal and air guitar! That'll definitely be interesting
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    meh
    I wasn't there on the forum yet, when the voting happened for the packs.
    When I compare this to the other options simmers have mentioned; I would have gone for another pack.
    When thinking about it more, this could be a good pack for the creative simmies & Grandma's/grandpa's out there. It's not for everyone but I am curious and excited to combine it with Tiny Living for instance.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    I hate it!
    I am NOT a fan of the Knitting Stuff Pack. Instead of just knitting, we should have other options like pottery, jewelry making and more. Pottery and jewelry making would be a nice new addition because it's never been in "The Sims 4" before. And most of the hairstyles aren't great, in my opinion. I was hoping "Happy Haunts" would win, as I mentioned before.