Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires don't break in anymore?

13...Next

Comments

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    For anyone still concern the issue here is a direct reply from Simguru in a closed post.
    HAVE VAMPIRES BEEN NERFED?
    @SimGuruNinja
    Guess what? I'm an 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. This was much ado about nothing. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We're not going to change it based on the fury contained in this thread. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an 🌺🌺🌺🌺. Sorry to cause panic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2020
    OMG that’s good to hear even if it is an old post! Thanks god SimGuru didn’t change anything. They shouldn’t listen to selfish people who bought vampire pack and refuse to respect the game solution to prevent vampires (Garlic, locking doors) I think people already forgot that it is a GAME! When something happens we should find a way to get through it, not telling the Guru to get rid of it! The game is already boring enough. Let’s not nerf any unexpected events at all cost.

Ps. aliens still visit me A LOT. I think I’m lucky with aliens!

Ancaryvan wrote: »
    For anyone still concern the issue here is a direct reply from Simguru in a closed post.
    HAVE VAMPIRES BEEN NERFED?
    @SimGuruNinja
    Guess what? I'm an 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. This was much ado about nothing. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We're not going to change it based on the fury contained in this thread. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an 🌺🌺🌺🌺. Sorry to cause panic.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just reinstalled my remaining uninstalled packs (including Vampires) a couple days ago. Vlad knocked on my sims door in StrangerVille, but she kept sleeping. He left. Next night......he came and drank her dry.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2020
    Then it's broken maybe. I haven't had a vampire break in for over a year. And my worlds are populated with my own vampires all over the place so it should be rampant. The one time I had a break in it was one of my own sims. The rest of the time all I've seen is vampire turn up at the door, stand round then walk off. And it's my vampires so I know they have the ability to enter uninvited etc.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    My guess is there is probably some other pack conflicting with break-ins. I suggest simmers interested in getting vampire break-ins try playing with just Vampires installed to see if that ups the chances.
  • rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    It also helps to set your lot to be vampire friendly
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I used to get them all the time in my original game. After ROM came out I made a “weird world” save and transferred all my vampires, mermaids, aliens and so on to that world because I wanted a supernatural world. So now my “normal” world has mostly your typical weirdos and really no break-ins with the exception of the occasional San Myshuno apt break-in.
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I just got Vampires but from what i keep on seeing they use to break in to homes and drink plasma, something that I was looking forward to but it's not happening... :(
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    They added the No vampire trespassing door in the latest patch. What about more vampire trespassing option? :D