Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix the Base Game

Fix the base game. Fix the base game. Fix the base game.

I do not care what you want in this game. You might want alien space exploration. You might want eco- tulip-farming in the Swiss Alps. You may want your sims to journey to the center of the Earth as a warlock to cast spells on the creatures in the Earth's core. All of that does not matter to me in the least; I just won't buy those stupid packs. But all of it means nothing until you FIX THE BASE GAME.

The new pack has candle-making. Swell. How many candles can you make until you're sick of watching your Sim make the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 candles. Anything they can add like this is just a temporary fix, a hit until you get bored and need to buy another pack with a new activity (now you can make ragdolls, or soap, or WHATEVER). What WILL forever improve gameplay is FIXING THE BASE GAME.

Sims need personalities, meaningful aspirations, wants, fears, memories, REAL emotions that make sense to human beings, relationships that impact their lives. Then watching one Sim make a candle is different than watching another Sim make a candle because YOUR SIMS ARE UNIQUE. DEPTH not MORE STUFF.

FIX THE BASE GAME.

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    There is no money in Patches. Show them the money and they will be your best friend.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All they do is slap lipstick on a pig with minimal effort reusing preexisting animations and systems and call it new we need some real effort put into the Sims themselves which have been completely ignored since basegame even disabling things like whims because they cant be bothered to update it. At this point unless they fix the Sims and give them personalities I see no point in buying anymore because they have proven they really do not care about the fan base.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    They can't fix it. Hasn't been done in 6 years, never will. Either go back in time with Sims 1-3, look forward to Sims 5 or play other games.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They can't fix it. Hasn't been done in 6 years, never will. Either go back in time with Sims 1-3, look forward to Sims 5 or play other games.
    Or do as we're requesting something we want Sims 5 is not coming anytime soon.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Tarkus90Tarkus90 Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought my first pack, Seasons, a couple of days ago. It's barebones and I hear it's the best expansion pack lol. I'm getting bored of this game and I think I'm gonna go back to Sims 3.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    @ChadSims2 "All they do is slap lipstick on a pig"

Yes, that is it exactly. It's window-dressing, it's busywork, it's shallow "additions" to the game that actually do nothing to improve quality of gameplay. It's really frustrating. I wish they would stop wasting time on that and invest time and effort into meaningful depth that previous versions of this game had.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    To borrow from the medical field in the US of A: there is no profit in cures, only in treatment.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    A lot of people are sticking to the Base Game really same here i feel like all the packs are for kids too but for us who've been playing since TS1 i feel we've already done all that stuff they're putting in the packs again and if you dare add even Seasons in there the Crafting Benches and Gardening now Bee Huts make it too easy to make money and they just added more with Eco Living, the Business Tools have always been broken and it's too easy to make money with them because you can mark up the price to +200% or more which was Expensive for TS2 Open For Business, Get To Work is essentially OFB but worse lol so you can make 300 simoleons on a low level Painting, i feel like all of the extras distracts too much from really getting Creative and with the awesome Build Tools now and with some wiggle room in the Base Game i feel like we can still play while focusing on being Creative, it's all i want now so... no shame in playing Base Game, i still love what it has to offer.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    FYI i just found out you can garden in the Base Game either on the grass or in plant pots but you can just plant for food and use gardening to make money just for Off-Grid and Farmer Sims, it's what i'm going to do YEY! got to make sure you don't go too far with it though because in the Base Game the plants constantly grow but it's definitely a cool alternative to getting food rather than buying it from the fridge all the time, if it costs your sims too much money buying from the fridge especially starting poor the gardening can help you out there.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    They need to have Colorwheel for CAS.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Once Paralives is up & running it will either force the Sims 4 to up their game or go bankrupt.

Paralives is looking really good, though I have to say I am not too keen on the cartoony look of their Parafolk, however if the game is as good as it looks I think I can get over that.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Once Paralives is up & running it will either force the Sims 4 to up their game or go bankrupt.

Paralives is looking really good, though I have to say I am not too keen on the cartoony look of their Parafolk, however if the game is as good as it looks I think I can get over that.

Their Parafolk art design is still in pre-alpha and is temporary - they just needed something they can quickly work with as they build up the Parafolk's animations and AI.

I remember when Paralives was just announced, the objects and world were pretty basic, but now the art design looks really great. So don't worry about how the Parafolks look now - they will look better as the devs continue to work on them!