Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mentor in music

ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 General Discussion
I'm on the last level of the music aspiration and my sim needs to mentor someone for 3 hours. The only other person on the lot is her infant. Once she ages to child will my SIM be able to mentor her on the kids instrument or does it have to be an adult on the guitar?(she only has the guitar skill)
If so how can I force another SIM to play an instrument around her?
670?cb=20130818204250
"Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    Your sim has to be level 10 in guitar skill in order to mentor someone. You can even mentor children. However, kids cannot play the guitar but piano and violin.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    U can go to club that has guitar and if some one picks it up you can mentor them.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    if you have Get Together, make a club where playing the guitar is a club activity, hold a club meeting and mentor someone. If you don't then sometimes sims will pick up the guitar in the Maxis made lounge in Oasis Springs. Usually they only sing a camp fire song but I have completed the aspiration doing that in a challenge... took a while and a lot of patience but it is possible. You just have to have your sim ready to mentor anyone the moment they pick up the guitar!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    Thank you all so much!!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can hire an entertainer for the instrument you want to mentor. Introduce yourself to the entertainer if you don't already know him. You will be able to mentor the entertainer while he is playing if you are level 10 on that instrument unless he's already mastered it himself. My current Sim has just reached 2 hours of mentoring in guitar by this method, so it does work.
  • Options
    IndiiAnaIndiiAna Posts: 20 Member
    My sim lived alone and I tried going to Lounges etc to find people playing instruments but it didn't work. I ended up adding a random sim to the household for this achievement, then removing them afterwards.

1. Save your game and go to the Manage Worlds screen
    2. Click on your sim's house
    3. At the very bottom right of your screen, cick the '...' (More) icon
    4. Then click through to 'Manage Household'
    5. On the resulting popup, click the Pencil icon to add/remove household members via CAS.

I also found that tutoring the sim for that long caused them to have a really high friendship. In hindsight, I probably could have kept that random sim and after the achievement, used the 'Transfer sims between households' option (from the menu in step 5), to move them to a random unplayed household.
  • Options
    Poopguy69Poopguy69 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hire a guitarist and mentor them
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Erin wrote: »
    Thank you all so much!!

I love your Harry Potter icon. I didn't know until recently that J.K. created an American school too. Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
  • Options
    GinnyTheScandiGinnyTheScandi Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Sketch793;c-15845837"]You can hire an entertainer for the instrument you want to mentor. Introduce yourself to the entertainer if you don't already know him. You will be able to mentor the entertainer while he is playing if you are level 10 on that instrument unless he's already mastered it himself. My current Sim has just reached 2 hours of mentoring in guitar by this method, so it does work.[/quote]

THANK YOU! Just what I was looking for. Very helpful! 😄
  • Options
    FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I like to go to the Solar Lounge where other sims usueally attempt to play, especially if you play yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top