Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are so many people coming over?

Every day I have two or three new sims showing up at my house knocking on the door? I just started a new save. None of my previous saves have had this, except for the one time welcoming committee?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Don’t know but adding the Private Dwelling lot trait helps with this. May not help if you live in Sulani though.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited May 2020
    It happens on every one of my saves and I love it, it's an easy way for my Sims getting new friends. I can always ignore them if I want to, except in Sulani, but it doesn't bother me that much. If I have loner Sims I will use private dwelling lot trait to prevent visitors.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Same here with my save. I was wondering if it had anything to do with her having a pristine reputation. The reputation system throws me for a loop. I find sims standing outside my sims windows acting excited with my sims face as their thought bubble. Then when she visits her other kids lot, they all cheer and clap for her. It’s so odd lol. I have the fame system off but somehow she seems to have her own paparazzi/fandom thing going on. Anyway, I set my lot trait to the private dwelling. Still doesn’t stop sims from standing outside her home thinking about her lol they just won’t knock.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sometimes I see this, sometimes I don't. In my Tiny Living exploration playthrough (that ended abruptly when my single Sim was crushed by his Murphy bed), he was having visitors pushed at him hard - both people he knew and strangers. Other households get family visits (in my Legacy save), and in San Myshuno, for whatever reason, when friends visit my apartment dweller, almost all of them show up at once, all together. It's a bit nuts. Other households get occasional visitors but nothing like that.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes, this is happening more frequently in my game recently. I’m enjoying it so far.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I guess they are bored with their own life so they have nothing better to do than bother my sims' and my life. Just like IRL - I pretend nobody is home.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    if you live in a cheapest district on willow creek / oasis spring you are bound to get many visitors.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've mostly seen this in Willow Creek/Oasis Springs. To some degree also San Myshuno. Complete strangers come knocking on the door every day. And teens mostly on Saturday/Sunday. I actually find it quite rude. Its unheard of for anyone to visit strangers where I live. Friends are very welcome, strangers not so much.

I will usually avoid those worlds. Private Dwelling helps. Also what I usually do is move my sims to Mua Pel'am, where there are hardly any neighbours, and usually they are my other played sims.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Didn't you also noted that the sims are having more emotional autonomous Interactions? My hot-headed sim, when he's furious, is mean with other people, like mean mean! Live provoking, throwing drinks or insulting.

It never happened in my game before. I have to say, i love it! It adds personality to the sims and makes the game more unpredictable and fun. But it's also easy to avoid.
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    This has been happening in my game larely, it's stange but I like it because it benefits my sims's independent career, and they can make new friends. As the person above said, make it a private dwelling and pretty much nobody comes.