Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's wrong with my mods?

SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
Hello the forum.

I cannot enjoy my game with all my core and tuned mods , including those of Nrass at the moment.
The game is slow and it always freezing a lot with it cannot respond without crashes or the game closes itself without a fatal error warning popup window. I even sometimes errors messages at the loading of my save, telling me an error occurs so the saves cannot loads. When I put aside them, my game is very fast and fluid.
I am currently playing Lucky Palm, where no EllaCharmed fix is existing for this big world. How sad.
The only problem I have found is that I runned a wrong version of ErrorTrap. Fortunately , searching deeping the Nrass site, I have found the 1.67 version but despite the changes, the problem goes on.
I got the full game updated to patch 1.67. It's been months I didn't touch my game. I don't want the useless patch 1.69. I cleaned my saves with Kuree.
I really want to be fully back home I miss my sims 3 game I am desperate.
Thank you for your help.
I am sorry for my English I am only French fluent.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2020
    How about if we start with NRaas mods only? Not that we are the be-all and end-all of mod perfection (let's just say there is room for debate on that), but it's a known quantity and no combination of them alone should be causing your game to behave the way you have described it. Does your ongoing game or a new test game work any better with just those?

If so, then the challenge becomes finding what it is among your other mods that might be causing these issues and you may have to add them back in a few at time or do the 50/50 procedure (depends on how many you have) to isolate any culprits.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    How about if we start with NRaas mods only? Not that we are the be-all and end-all of mod perfection (let's just say there is room for debate on that), but it's a known quantity and no combination of them alone should be causing your game to behave the way you have described it. Does your ongoing game or a new test game work any better with just those?

If so, then the challenge becomes finding what it is among your other mods that might be causing these issues and you may have to add them back in a few at time or do the 50/50 procedure (depends on how many you have) to isolate any culprits.

Well I am sorry @igazor for my silence I was out of the forum and tried some stuffs to calm down my game in vain . I needed time.

The first thing I have fixed is the mismatching mod warning message I got a month ago. The 50/50 method , it was I got a wrong version of ErrorTrap. :)

I also deleted a lot of mods I found them unecessarily keeping those of Nrass I got....Always crash to desktop, the worst thing is recently I even cannot play in live mod, windows froze.

So I put away the Errortrap, my game runs but closed without a warning using CAS , with a lot of error Overwatch caught while I enter CAS. Gameplay problems as umbrellas, diplomas, cellphones ...I have some of my sims dissapeared from Lucky Palm they are probably died or moved away in a new town. But these errors I had never seen before.

I put away ErrorTrap and Overwatch , the game is smooth but each time I enter cas as casual using the mastercontroller it closed itself.
    Cas is in trouble for sure but I can easily care of this myself despite I make the cas compact thanks the MasterController.

I exclude ts3w.exe from DEP, I blocked the fps with Radeon software to 30 fps min and max, I downgraded the quality of my game nothing helps.

I really do not understand because I had no problems until now especially with nrass mods or with my mods. I even don't know how to detect a wrong mod (I don't tell a wrong cc)

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If ErrorTrap is crashing the game, you can't get in and out of CAS, and you are having problems with that many game objects I would have to suspect a corrupt ongoing game save there. What happens if you start a new test game with NRaas mods only, and no CC at all?

The point would not be to play that way "for real" but to find a combination where the game and mods work as they are supposed to and from there begin to slowly add things back in that you have removed to see where the problems begin again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net