Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or Casters?

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    So which do you prefer? Out of two 'Occult exclusive' game packs which do you prefer? And by Prefer I mean actual gameplay!! Not I bought this for decorations and have a preference over one's BM then the other... No I'm legitimately asking which Lifestate you prefer. EDIT: Also not counting glitches RoM just came out and dlc or mmo updates always tend to be buggy first week

I love Both equally.

ZipZap can kill a vampire as I learned when I was playing a game where Tomax Collette and Caleb Vatore had gotten married. I was helping with their aspirations. The only spell Tomax knew at the time was ZipZap. Thanks, Morgyn. Good job. You could have taught him any other spell from Untamed Magic but you taught him that first. Yet another reason I genuinely love Morgyn. Teaching your students a spell that kills vampires. Morgyn is also much cuter when he is angry.

Simeon though can be a bit pervy starts with high Logic (8 or 9) High Video Gaming skill (8 or 9) Programming (8 or 9). When my spellcaster goes to GeekFest I have them bring Simeon along too and have them work on rocket building. When Simeon retires to a world I give him a robot workshop centre and books on rocket science for him to master these skills. He seems happy when he works on robots and learning rocket science. I love Simeon too. He isn't hot like Morgyn but he has morals, ethics and is a gentleman. When I think he'll do something that will demonstrate a darker side of humanity he shows himself to be a good person.

L is just a trip. Her skills start with a high cooking skill (8 or 9) and Mischief is almost mastered at 9. I think she is the reason the other Sages actually don't starve. L will invite my sims to Ladies Night and other events. I usually change her mean trait with the custom Mischievous trait instead. I love that she is such an imp. In my games, she usually ends up with a vampire or an alien.

Don't get me wrong I love vampires. I have a Vlad Replacer which replaces Vlad with 4 better-looking sims and the family head better suited at leading the vampires. I have a soft spot for Vampires. I gave myself a scenario/"challenge" a few times I like to call Turn Them All and Watch Them Fall. The objective is to turn as many non-occult sims into vampires as possible with a 1% non-occult allowed to be left as blood servants to the Vampires. I love redoing this scenario and recently did this again with Spellcasters. It's a fun scenario that allows my vampires a chance to really shine. I know I can play my vampires without weaknesses but I choose not to use this mod. I like having weaknesses for my vampires. I have fun building and rebuilding Forgotten Hollow.

My go-to sim is a Vampire.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    @drakharis ZipZap can kill vampires? :o
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @RavenSpit Yes, it can. At the time I didn't have any custom spells. I don't know if was just a fluke or a bug but Tomax accidentally killed Caleb in a past game and it was traumatic for him.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    The game play in the vamps is much better than the witches. I would have preferred the witches, but they just are not as much fun as the other.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    Vampires Always Vin
    drakharis wrote: »
    @RavenSpit Yes, it can. At the time I didn't have any custom spells. I don't know if was just a fluke or a bug but Tomax accidentally killed Caleb in a past game and it was traumatic for him.

well, there's something I have to test out :)

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2021
    Vampires Always Vin
    Recently, I have a spell caster wife with a vampire husband. She cleans home and her husband takes some plasma from his wife. :D Also she makes multi plasma packs using copy pasto spell. They are the best couple ever.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Where is the both option?
    I like both, however, at the moment I have a bit more spell castors in my game right now, I plan to even out the two soon.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I prefer vampires over casters, they are more fun to rank up.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    They both still tie after two years.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    I prefer the Spellcasters due to their spells and how diverse they can be, for example the ability to daze, burn, freeze, electrocute somebody are all there! I like that! Vampires get tiring real fast.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spellcasters are like regular sims, with a special ability. Vampires are a totally different species altogether...clearly apples and oranges. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    The other day, Darrel Charm visited my home lot, and suddenly! He started destroying my kids’ doll house. My spell caster mother turned him into a fruit bowl by morphiate spell, and my vampire dad commanded him to repair the door house using his vampiric power a couple of hours later, then asked him to leave. It was the good punishment for him. :D Now I like both equally.
  • Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Honestly, I love them both! They were implemented really well and it's more fun to have a household with both occults than just the one. Currently, my favorite save has a daughter of Father Winter (who became a caster, how could I not if there must be something magical about her?!) who married Caleb Vatore. She's currently a Paranormal Investigator master Caster and provides Caleb with enough Potions of Plentiful needs to keep him from needing to bite her all the time, and he's gone into the Public Relations career. I've never bothered to put any sims into the Influencer career line...just didn't feel right. But with Caleb's traits (Gregarious, Ambitious), it actually feels right and he does amazing at it. Like it was made for him. Also loving the tie-in with Casters being "in their element" when performing as a medium. Both done well, but Casters are just a bit better to me as a regular play. If looking for a deviant play, I'd lean harder on Vamps.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I love and play with them both. But I choose vampires because I like the vampire powers and weaknesses system much better than the spellcaster perks and curses system. I prefer being able to freely choose the powers and weaknesses without being tied to a "must choose this perk before that perk" system or random curses.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I didn't vote because I also need both. I also want werewolves and fairies as I admit I was spoiled with playing all of them in Sims 3 and hoping will be able to do the same in Sims 4.
    Vampires Always Vin
    okay, I finally chose vampire, simply because they are darker than casters in the game (due to the plasma feeding alone) and to me offer more diversity in characterbuilds because of the strength and weaknesses, thereby providing more diverse ways to play them supported by game mechanics (and not just personal choice/imagination).
    But I love em both.

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I voted Casters.

But in my heart I voted for Faeries.
  • KeeperOfTangentsKeeperOfTangents Posts: 21 New Member
    Both, but if I could only have one it would be Casters. Partly because though I have never wanted to be a Vampire, I have always wanted to be a Spellcaster and partly because (to me at least) there are more possibilities when storytelling.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited December 2021
    I love vampires but they don't have any gameplay attached to them in the sims 4, it drives me crazy! They took everything scary, intriguing or dangerous from them and they're just boring. I stopped playing with them after walking with my sim on the middle of the night on the square full of fog in forgotten hollow, even heading to the castle itself, and nothing, nothing ever happened. You must have an incredible imagination to be amused by this game, and for imagination I mean you'll need to get a little delusional because chances are nothing interesting is ever gonna happen. I'm so sorry. :(
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I like Vampires and Spellcasters but, of the two, Vampires are my favorites. I like Vampires because they take time to rank up and earn powers. They really don't like gardening but I make them do it anyway. Spellcasters have some great spells though. I wish Vampires had the power to resurrect the dead or do something similar to spells in the Mischief and Untamed Magic categories.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2021
    This thread is so OLD I have no idea what I voted for.

Today, I'd vote vampire since I never use the spellcaster and I was really disappointed with the pack but I still adore vampires...(I bet I voted spellcaster since it was new to me then.)

Edit: Yup. Dang...I want to change my vote!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    Witches have always been my favorite. Even though they did vampires well, I still prefer witches. For me, rarity and illusivity, secret by far, one that lives in a hard place to find. Some of the lots in HOB are more preferable to me than the glimmerbrook neighborhood. They made Glimmerbrook too fancy for me. I love the tree’s in glimmerbrook….. but I wanted it more like HOB with secret lots.

Now EA please give me a kit with a wrinkled witches hat with no spider, and a cape for Dracula!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    *heard occult talk and forgets title* Mermaids and fairies! 🧜🏼‍♀️ 🧜🏽‍♂️🧜 🧚‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️

*reads title again* Oh, wait…

But, yeah, mermaids and fairies are more of my thing, especially back in Sims 3, though I do like witches and vampires in various media, too. I really loved that Sims 4 allows us to customize vampires and spellcasters some more this time around.

But…I used more mermaids, fairies, and witches in Sims 3 than the other supernatural occults back in the Sims 3 days.

Even though I have been enjoying vampires (for once) for Sims 4, now that I have RoM, I’ll have to hold off on voting until I tried RoM out for a bit. :smile:

I’m a bit disappointed that RoM didn’t have fairies, though. 🥲 RoM is the closest to fairies as I’m gonna get, I think…
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I like being Immortal and Hot, Vampires for the win, plus you can woohoo in public in Bat form.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I had so much fun laughing today over this thread ... we need a picture version :).

How about these?
    EBqowM0.png
    Hmmm... Tasty
    se9gTWx.png
    Wait, could vampires bite on the neck later on in rank, or is that mod thing? I think I remembered being kind of disappointed at the biting on the wrist thing.

It’s been awhile since I played Sims 4 due to schoolwork, and when I did recently play, my recent sims have been mermaids or humans lately, so I can’t remember a few of the vampire aspects.

I still have to play caster, but I remembered enjoying vampires. I was trying to rank to get a daywalker vampire.

I’m the opposite of some of the vampire players here in that I prefer more light-heartedness and more brighter/bolder aesthetics for my own vampires, lol. They would be the domesticated types with mixed families while living in tropical islands or farms, etc, and working like a human.

Just a “human” who sucks blood—I mean, plasma—from their spouse and have super-speed and other little things, lol.

One thing that annoyed me about playing vampires was that it felt like it takes a really long time or lots of grinding to get to the daywalking perk. I remembered getting a bit impatient and annoyed with the grinding, and I still hadn’t gained the daywalker aspect.

I’ll have to play a vampire again and see how long it really takes to get to that rank as I try out the RoM spellcaster alongside the vampire. I’ll be playing a vampire and spellcaster couple to try out the best of both worlds, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)