Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burned Food :p

13...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Nah, they just get a bad moodlet. I think they also make gagging sounds or something, but can't remember if that's in TS3 or one of the other versions of the game...I pretty much never feed my sims burned food, but have seen non-active sims eating it in all of the various sims games.

The gagging sound is from Sims 2. I play college dorms all the time and the cook burns food half of the time. You should hear all the wretching that goes on LOL I cheat my Sim's hunger to full when this happens. I never have them eat burned food if possible.
    I know spoiled food does this:

Silas_322_zpseed88575.png

I don’t make them eat that either btw, but sometimes it appears alright when in the fridge and turns out spoiled once on the table :p I love food I should add, I wonder if that’s got something to do with the fact I can’t bring myself to having them eat it :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    I always remove stoves if there's one in the home and the sim moving into that house is a new unskilled library sim.I also make them cook salads or eat quick meals until they learn to cook well enough to use a stove.I also never put stoves in my starter homes as many sims moving into those are unskilled with cooking.I will allow them to eat spoiled food since most of mine have the slob trait as a survival trait.I've had skilled cooks burn food or catch a stove on fire though not very often and they trash the meal if it's burnt and eat quick meals if a family is that desperate and just moved into town as they won't have money for pizza.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    The gagging sound is from Sims 2. I play college dorms all the time and the cook burns food half of the time. You should hear all the wretching that goes on LOL I cheat my Sim's hunger to full when this happens. I never have them eat burned food if possible.
    @EricasFreePlay, My memory of witnessing it was specifically IN dorms, so you're totally on point!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.
    I love feeding my sims burnt food. It cracks me up when they feel unwell afterwards. Spoiled food, on the other hand, is a no go, the nasty factor is too big.

@Sunnyyesjams Yes!!!
    The green cloud hovering over it is what gets me. I can't do that to my sims. 🤢
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    I don't normally let my sims who aren't naturally talented or skilled with cooking cook meals. Of course there is always that one sim who has zero cooking skills and burns a meal, because they are above eating leftovers or couldn't wait for the autumn salad. I make that one sim eat the burnt meal, while everyone else eats a nice meal. Then I cackle while taking pictures of that sim's expression as he/she eats the meal. >:) It gives me the same satisfaction some teachers get when a student copies another classmate's test only to fail because their are four different tests!!! >:)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    It depends... rarely do my sims burn food since I make sure to have one skilled cook in the household to stock up on leftovers. If a sim burns food I've been known to make them eat it anyway because ordering a pizza takes too long. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.
    I've seen a couple of townies with the slob trait ( I think one of them was Xander Clavell? ) eat spoiled food at the park, but like the others, I don't give my sims spoiled food, that's disgusting. A bit burnt, sure, it doesn't hurt them but spoilt is gross and makes them sick.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I instantly have them trash it! My sims will NEVER eat burned food! Pizza anyone?
    I'd never have my sims eat burned food yuck
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    I generally play legacy family style so there is usually at least one highly skilled chef in the house. So there is a perfect plate of your favorite meal chilling in the fridge already.

When I'm starting a new household, I'll put the stove in family inventory and have them just make microwave meals until they tabcast their cooking skill up to 3 or 4.

I haven't used the food replicator in a while, but I have one now, and it's acting weird. When I replicate a group meal, leftovers in the fridge go bad in less than a day.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    I had to eat burned food and so do they.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2019
    In my household growing up my mom taught me how to cook and there was a "you burn it, you eat it" rule. She wouldn't force me to eat anything too burnt but every mistake taught me to do better next time so when my sims are learning to cook i usually have them eat what they cooked.

Also, I grew up with a single mom and we didn't have much food or money so I was taught to not waste food unless it was expired or something.
    giphy.gif
  • VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
    Well, learning process is what it is, my sims always eat burned food, because it's not spoiled basically, so if they didn't it would be wasting the food.
    Never fed them spoiled food, or perhaps sometimes by mistake, but never openly given them such. It's nice idea however to get such a slob Sim that would eat spoiled food out of laziness. Wonder if they can die because of eating spoiled food.
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Burned food is still edible. No reason to throw it away.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited May 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    This is going to depend on the household. First of all, sims get 24 hours of the super strong, urgent Hunger moodlet before something horrible happens. In the rare cases where the entire household is that hungry all at once, the children and older can each have a piece of fruit, which I would always have in stock even if nothing else, to tide them over while a more permanent solution is worked on.

If the household has one sim with decent cooking skill available, then they take over. If not, then it's either pizza delivery or the Unskilled Klutz/Chef of the Day tries again with something that is impossible to burn like Autumn Salad or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. If those don't turn out edible either or maybe instead, if they can afford it, some or all of them go out to eat or hit up a local Bakery Display for some takeout platters as many of mine by way of the NRaas Cupcake mod carry regular full meals in addition to baked goods.

But no one eats burned, spoiled, or horrifying quality food unless there really is no alternative available or the sims preparing it have the Evil trait and are only pretending to be kind to their fellow household members and guests -- this remote possibility is why I had to go with "Other."

TCE to cheat the hunger motive would only be for when something unexpected and surprisingly wrong happened with the game, not typically to compensate for poor planning. :)

This is EXACTLY my play style. IDT I've played a gardener-less sim family since seasons came out. They always have fruits and veggies handy for quick snacks. :) If something wonkanoodle happens, TCE :) Also, I usually just have them eat a quickmeal before I have them order pizza. Pizza takes too long and it drives me nuts that they just stand around eating it whereever without a plate. The only time I order it is if I'm having a slumber party and a family sim has a wish to order. Otherwise my cooking sim just makes a plate of PB&J
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    If time is of the essence, then I'll have them eat whatever produce is available. Whereas, if they're being unreasonable, I'll practically force feed them burnt food so that they can carry on throughout their day.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, locking this poll here as it's been over a year since it was last active (with the except of the necro's today). Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top