Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successfully Moving Mods to External Hard Drive? ((Resolved))

AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
To prevent my computer from having a meltdown, I got an external hard drive. After about an hour, I figured out how to at least transfer my EA folder, so I have all my saves and technically my mods; however, a lot of my mods aren't working! To be clear, they were all working completely fine before I transferred my game, I have gone through and redownloaded everything, and all of my CC is working fine. Some of my mods are working, some have this thing where the interface is working but none of the commands go through, and then others have aren't showing up at all (for example SOL is working fine, UI extensions interface is working but none of the commands go through, and the chemistry mod isn't showing up at all)
Post edited by AmTk86 on

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    How could SOL work on external hard drive?
    Technically you cant move mods, the game has not option to design a different folder for mods.

Sure you can use a method, but directly at Windows, tell to the OS than the Documents folder is at a new place
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    I just created a short cut from my doc folder to my hard drive. The traits from SOL are still installed and giving buffs to my sims and one got invited to a party as soon as I loaded the game so I assume the mod is still working.
  • KaizaKaiza Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, so for anyone who had the same problem as me, which was not being able to download the game onto my hard drive, what i did was move my documents file onto the external hard drive file, no matter if you move the Installation path from origin, sims 4 and the electronic arts file will ALWAYS download into the documents file, as for mods, make sure theyre in the right file.
  • marenad92marenad92 Posts: 2 New Member
    so i have the same problem but i cant get my mods to work at all