Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hey @EA_Mai ...is this window meant to be occupying 3 grid squares instead of 2?

K0VdjnN.png

How do we do that in the game? :p

I noticed that too, when I was going through the trailer slowly to look for anything mentioned in the rumours that were going round yesterday. Free place windows and doors confirmed?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    Hey @EA_Mai ...is this window meant to be occupying 3 grid squares instead of 2?

K0VdjnN.png

How do we do that in the game? :p

I noticed that too, when I was going through the trailer slowly to look for anything mentioned in the rumours that were going round yesterday. Free place windows and doors confirmed?

Hopefully. That would take building to a whole different level.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Still going to wait for an good sale.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    First thing I want to do is ride bikes around the neighborhood!!😁😁😁😁 then I must try those bugs!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    The whole "bug eating" deal could work out for your homeless Sims (don't know if you will be able to Dumpster Dive for food 🤮 ).
    @5782341b77vl gluttons can already dig in the trash for food. So, I use that trait for homeless sims

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It is interesting that so many are commenting negatively on the bug eating. I wouldn't do it myself, but it sounds like fun to me creating Sims who would. Eating insects is very eco-friendly, besides the fact that the are high in protein. And if I am to believe a quick Google search around 2 billion regularly eat them. I guess the only negative thing about it I see is that is not new to the game, you can already roast bugs in Outdoor Retreat (and there is at least one recipe). But I guess this adds the option to farm them and make them part of your Sims' regular diet.

This!!! That's the crazy stuff that makes a video game FuN🤗🤗🤗🤗 I'm totally doing it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love this video and this pack! I’m excited about dumpster woohoo! And I’m in love with Knox. <3<3<3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    The concept sounds neat, but so far I'm not impressed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some hairstyles are cute. Bug eating? Yuck!

They’ve already been selling chocolate-covered crickets around here for years. I’m in the US.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It all looks as if it will add a lot to the game. There are new plants and harvestables, but I hope there will be more new recipes that don't include insects. LOL Ewwww!! Not my thing at all, sorry. The new build assets look nice. Saw a couple of CAS items I will use. But it's the environment and how that will work that has most of my interest. If that proves to be another Island Living approach, this pack won't make it into my collection. I am going to buy it for my granddaughters on release day, but I will most likely wait to see how other players react to it before buying it for myself. I will be watching the Live Stream closely. Did someone say that was coming up on the 21st?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    It all looks as if it will add a lot to the game. There are new plants and harvestables, but I hope there will be more new recipes that don't include insects. LOL Ewwww!! Not my thing at all, sorry. The new build assets look nice. Saw a couple of CAS items I will use. But it's the environment and how that will work that has most of my interest. If that proves to be another Island Living approach, this pack won't make it into my collection. I am going to buy it for my granddaughters on release day, but I will most likely wait to see how other players react to it before buying it for myself. I will be watching the Live Stream closely. Did someone say that was coming up on the 21st?

21st Livestream! Pack is 5th June.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Sigzy05 Yay! I hate waiting for new info. Thank you!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Cannot wait to have my sims try for a baby in a dumpster. Dumpster baby is going to be the best sim baby ever.

Good one. Dumpster baby. 😄
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I think this looks like a fun one. I think that with each pack and expansion, we're getting more things to do that will last over time. I think the bug concept is great.
    I think that chickens should have been added, as chickens are still approved for many yards, even urban ones. They provide a stable source of nutrition and extra money. And, baby chicks would be so much fun.
    With robots, college, soon knitting and selling sim created objects to other sims, there is a lot more for sims to do. More careers, especially part time careers and work at home careers really add some alternatives for sims who choose to spend more time at home.
    If worlds become even more open and interactive, even if it's just neighborhoods, that would be excellent. More for toddlers and kids to do would be very nice as well.
    I hope we continue to see more dynamic and immersive game changes in the future.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    I wonder if that machine she gets pulled into towards the end can kill sims if it happens twice in a row, like with the cow plant. And what about that metal grinder??

Was thinking the same thing!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Also it was jarring to hear such a high annoying voice then hear the sim talked in her native tongue and sounded NOTHING like the voice they got.

Like...what the heck?
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My sims are not eating bugs. Lol. Dumpster woohoo? Finally a woohoo concept that I have to scratch my head at. I think I'm still getting it though. Lol. I mean, there's a lot that you could do with that, but wow.

I'm also not so sure about the meat wall. Fizzy drinks, sure. I like fixing up the houses and some of the crafts.

This is definitely for the apocalyptic players.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think this looks like a fun one. I think that with each pack and expansion, we're getting more things to do that will last over time. I think the bug concept is great.
    I think that chickens should have been added, as chickens are still approved for many yards, even urban ones. They provide a stable source of nutrition and extra money. And, baby chicks would be so much fun.

I agree but I think they didn't add this because if they made a farming pack you would then need eco lifestyle if you want chickens.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • diskettidisketti Posts: 18 Member
    > @jimbbq said:
    > But I will not eat it again unless I have no choice :)

Me too, I kind of enjoyed :)
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Katalea wrote: »
    There are no factories or cars in the game. How will the atmosphere get dirty from dirty plates and dirty mugs?

But sims world have cars, they're just not playable. And there has to be factories, otherwise where all the furniture and clothes come from? There is something like and old factory in San Myshuno, there are warehouses in Willow Creek, and Evergreen Harbor is definitely industrial, it even has a quarry.
    I wish we had factory jobs though.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I don't feel I learned much new here except the dumpster woohoo (lol) and the insect eating. I don't understand the negative reaction to this - many people already eat bugs as a protein source and have for centuries - the western world is just starting to explore this as a more eco friendly way of producing meat / protein for meals. I have eaten roasted grubs before and they were sweet and nutty. My sims will enjoy broadening their diets. The trailer did imply insects were an alternative to meat - as meat is animal flesh - insects are meat not vegetarian / vegan so I hope this isn't how they are classified in game - my vegie friends would weep.

The vertical gardens look awesome. And the new careers sound good.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Honestly, need to do a follow up video to show that you don't have to change the world and can leave it a gritty, grimy place. We already have pristine towns to live in so having the option of not cleaning up the town is great.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I'm not buying this. EA will come out with a new pack with one new animation, and then reskin 10 animations/objects and call them new features without batting an eye.
  • KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    > @somewhsome said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > But sims world have cars, they're just not playable. And there has to be factories, otherwise where all the furniture and clothes come from? There is something like and old factory in San Myshuno, there are warehouses in Willow Creek, and Evergreen Harbor is definitely industrial, it even has a quarry.
    > I wish we had factory jobs though.

It’s more logical to crush a career in the field of industry and cars so that our Sims choose which car they will use with internal combustion engines or eco-friendly cars.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    OK. Somehow this feels like the reveal trailer all over again, but this time with a voice over. I thought it was going to be more informative. But luckily the blog post actually gives us more info on neighbourhood size, options to turn the eco footprint off (for those who don't follow twitter)

When I read the blog, I think this might be an interesting pack. Unfortunately I don't get that feeling from the trailer.

As for the concept of a voice over telling the 'this is me and my story' narrative, the are not my favourite type of video. we already had several gameplay trailers like that (island living, realm of magic, university) so the novelty is worn off too.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm just gonna say it. Never in my life have I ever seen a place look that bad in real life (In modern times in first world urban areas that game seems inspired by) with pollution and crazy amounts of trash. Trust me, I've lived near big cities where there were real rough spots that I welcome be put into the game, but this whole thing is super exaggerated. Which is disappointing since it's supposed to be based on a real life issue. It's almost making fun of the problem in itself. Seems this new trailer just turned me off even more. Ughhh.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self