March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Lag

Could someone please give me some advice? My partiees always don't go great because the sims can't even get through the door and everyone just gathers around the door!
what should I do? remove the door? make more space inside?
thank u
tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    Strange as it may seem, it's not necessarily the door that's causing the bottleneck. Generally only one sim at a time may enter the lot's front door and thus be lot-greeted. A wider door or gate can help but if there is a crowd that has formed around even a 3-square wide arch operating as the lot's entrance/front door, the same thing can happen. Another source of crowd-lag is that the party guests will always try to first navigate to the sim who called up the party. If that sim is in an unfortunate location at the time, such as a bathroom, they can get trapped in there as a crowd of guests forms in the hallway just outside of it all trying to say hello.

But there is a trick to this. If you invite around half (or more) of the expected guests over socially a few sim hours before the party is scheduled to begin and they do show up, then one sim hour prior they will already be lot-greeted and should automatically become party guests without having to queue up to get inside, provided they were actually invited to the party. If not averse to using mods, MasterController's Invite Over function can be very useful here because unless the sim is busy doing something of higher priority like working, dying, or giving birth, they are most likely to obey the command and not brush you off with "something came up, I'm too busy, don't feel like it," etc.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Siiiiiiiiiimss3Siiiiiiiiiimss3 Posts: 318 Member
    Thank you so much and I remember you lol I used to be on forums all the time I was so young
    tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
    I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
    LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!