Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the Gameplay Trailer Change Your Mind On Eco Lifestyle?

After seeing the gameplay trailer, I'm curious if it changed anyone's minds on buying (or not buying) the new pack.

Did the Gameplay Trailer Change Your Mind On Eco Lifestyle? 198 votes

Yes. I like what I see and I now plan to buy Eco Lifestyle!
4%
bandit5SageRainWillowBeardedgeekJesskiRamblineRoseRavager619sillyangel0906MrSunshinePurpleHeather 9 votes
Yes. I no longer like what I'm seeing and I will not buy Eco Lifestyle.
1%
Wulfsimmerlola777MarmaladeJade 3 votes
No. I was always excited for this new pack and will be buying it!
35%
Akl500Pbshag4lvalan650111IceyJCamkatdanacnbrettMi9shaoscarPaigeisin5jimbbqloubyloulouMindofyPegasyssmurf45bluetaydevSim2SporeBlackblossomBabykittyjadeDaraviLissyK9Sindocat 70 votes
No. I wasn't excited about the pack when news of it first released, and the gameplay trailer didn't change that (not buying it).
25%
rudy8292IcewolfcandystormKethwynIsb917kwanzaabotalejandro15039alanmichael1BluelleSxcDannii202Lustianiciasikasika18FelicityLogisitcsMoonfoxNightcryFluffusCanarusthe_greenplumbobLaruhellwormstache999Trashmagic 51 votes
Undecided. I still need to see more.
25%
BreeSashajeepjeepcatalexspoom13Cabelle1863Omri147KelleygirlAlrynnilovejewel17AnmirlaMariefoxprice83freindlylolslamondaFairyGodMothermarcel21tabashetinaestelleKhrisstynespice3kiwi84hellokitty1496 51 votes
Other
7%
auroraael14CK213sims2freak737annaliese39Sigzy05SimsLovinLycancomicsforlifeAtreya33cheescaeksscoed1227WallSims4everRouensimsdearie_blossomkazthe92 14 votes

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm still looking forward to seeing more in the deep dive stream and later in early previews from GCs, but everything I've seen so far has me at the same level of interest: I like what I'm seeing.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    It showed nothing of what I wanted and just showed off stuff we already knew, which seems like a bad sign. If I'm buying this pack, I'm doing it for the world-wide pollution. I want to see if it's actually notable and cool, and not just some lame filters and a few trash piles.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I feel like there should be an option between the no's. I wasn't excited, but after more viewings I'm starting to be happy for stuff.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Already excited and still excited. But the gameplay trailer wasn't much insightful...
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I feel like there should be an option between the no's. I wasn't excited, but after more viewings I'm starting to be happy for stuff.

Yea, you are probably right on more options between the no's. It felt like I could have added a ton more options, but I'm hoping to at least get an idea as to whether or not the gameplay trailer had enough in it to change people's minds. Thanks for participating and glad you are starting to be happy for the pack. :)
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    No. I wasn't excited about the pack when news of it first released, and the gameplay trailer didn't change that (not buying it).
    Apart from eating bugs and the dumpster woohoo I haven't really seen anything that wasn't in the inital trailer or talked about in the articles.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Somewhere between undecided and no not particularly but I really just don't know...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I had hoped to see something new besides...eating insects and dumpster woohoo...
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2020
    So far, I am still unimpressed. I will definitely be waiting for it to be discounted if I find something that really grabs me.

Candle-making? I have icemunmun's mod, but the candles don't burn down. This is a plus, but not worth 40 bucks.
    Fizzy juice? Not a replacement for nectar, but it is something a little different. *shrug*
    Bug farms? Don't have the slightest interest in eating them, but if we can crush them to make plant food, I'm down with that.
    Dumpster woohoo? Only if I download a mod that involves a type of "sales" in which I have a certain class of Sims roaming the streets. I would also look for a mod for particular diseases...
    I want to know if trash will continuously be "dumped" on the streets and if so, can we delete it via cheats? I don't want multiple piles of "trash" everywhere, but I wouldn't mind having a city that looked 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and grungy, run into the ground.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Not a huge fan of these voice-over trailers as they seem like they're trying to be too hard to be "hip with the young folk" but I'm liking the new details and am looking forward to seeing more.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Nope, I'm still excited about this ep.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I buy everything, but the trailer was as boring as the first on. This theme is not for me.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I really want to learn more. It confirmed what we already knew other than a few little things. Its not put me off though!
    giphy.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm just glad to see there's more to it. The activities look fun. And the Stuff in the pack is gorgeous!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm undecided and the gameplay trailer didn't help. Made it a little worse actually. I like some of the features, but I haven't seen enough to warrant the EP price. Feels more like a GP.

I don't like rude, full of themselves bullies either, like the main sim's friend. If I have to tolerate sims like him going around and harassing my sims to adopt his lifestyle I won't get this pack. If it's not that obnoxious as it appears in the trailer, I'll may get it, but I'll wait for a 50% off sale.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    They still aren't giving us any legitimate reasons why we should be willing to pay twice the amount of money for a game pack... all they did was take a game pack they created and slapped the "expansion pack" label on it to make it more expensive... and they aren't providing a justifiable reason for it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    For a "gameplay" trailer, it was rather disappointing.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I remember when trailers didn't need to speak English and narrate to tell a story. It was the Sims actions, emotions and gestures that said everything perfectly. What a disappointing trailer, still a no buy for me. And I cannot stand obnoxious people trying to force their lifestyle down my throat, that's all I saw with this trailer.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other
    I'd be surprised if someone actually changed their mind by watching this new trailer. It literally shows the same things that were already shown in the previous one. But anyway, I'm not super hyped or anything, but I do think this has potential to be a solid pack, and I'm buying it.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    If they had showed pollution affecting other worlds and their sims, then it probably would have changed my mind. Besides some new woohoo place, crafting stuff, and bug eating, I didn’t see anything worth $40.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I like the trailer and I'm buying this EP anyway, though I'm not too excited about the eco-theme. The pack is just OK for me. Who said we must LOVE every EP we buy? :wink: I just want more gameplay options. And the new town looks promising.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    As dumpster is the last place on earth I would want to woohoo in, no remains no. Still bored with this pack.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Still saw too many recycled animations and reskinned objects in the gameplay trailer. Expecting to still be disappointed when I watch actual gameplay footage that IS NOT sponsored by EA.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Other
    I said other because I just felt super old and out of touch watching it... It was such a millennial trailer, and while I'm a millennial myself, I found it extremely cringe worthy haha

I've never used the phrase "that was fire" before in my life but I say with absolute certainty that trailer was not fire haha
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    After seeing the gameplay trailer, I'm curious if it changed anyone's minds on buying (or not buying) the new pack.

Usually people on this forum will be excited anyways but still crazy that only 2% changed their minds and are now excited. Seems like it didn't work
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?