Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Apart from dumpster woohoo there appears to be nothing new revealed gameplay wise in this trailer. The dumpster woohoo is the only thing that has excited me about the pack so far and some of the bb items look nice. Also the insects if they are used in recipes that is just gross. I know insects are delicacies in some parts of the world. It’s still a pack I will only consider buying on sale unless there is something new to be shown in the livestream which I am doubtful there is.

Honestly yes .. I kind of agree. I really don't feel like we learned anything we didn't already know.. :(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Someone tell me why are they eating bugs as a meat replacement xD Who does that? Y'all nasty! I have never ever heard of using bugs instead...like...use tofu or the meat that vegans and vegetarians use (sorry if I got this wrong, but you get my point.)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What part of the world is “harvesting” bugs and turning them into Spaghetti and Spinach Frittata? I never heard of such.
    Eating insects in definitely something that's happening though still very small scale. I've only tried some cricket patties. I think it would be hard to swallow a bug as is. I'm from Finland and got the patties of the shelf in a super market.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I ate bugs when I was in Thailand. Just curious. It was not bad.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    But I will not eat it again unless I have no choice :)
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2020
    There is a lot stuff I liked in the trailer. Just a few of my impressions below. There are apparently new bikes (motorized?), I really like the style of BB (the modern planters!) and there are a lot of cute new hairstyles. I also like that there are different things to do with the community space - which is not news, but seems a bit more fleshed out now. As mentioned in the blog, you can put it down in several worlds and do different things with it. I am definitely more inclined to buy the pack upon release after seeing this trailer.

enkDIyO.jpg

If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Well it didn't show much more than in the reveal trailer. I saw some cute hairs, but the clothes aren't my style so far, they're not very versatile. We need more versatile build/buy and cas. I don't see any new kitchen counter, which is sad.

We still don't know what those bikes are, bikes or motorbikes ? Do they come in eco lifestyle or in the update ?
    Eating insects ? Ew !!

Now, on the bright side, dumpster woohoo looks fun (though, who would like to do that....in a dumpster ? :lol).
    I wonder what we can make with the machine.
    Candle making, off the grid stuff, juice, vertical gardens are nice.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    We still don't know what those bikes are, bikes or motorbikes ? Do they come in eco lifestyle or in the update ?

Considering the theme, I'd expect them to be electric bikes coming with the EP.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well there was some new things, not very much though. Even the dumpster woohoo is not new, that's the same animation from the coffin woohoo.

And we can also apparently eat insects and insult people for not being eco-friendly as well...

Why did you not show the new stuff? How many lots are there? Are there apartments or not? What things can I craft? How does the voting system work? What are the weather effects? How do I convince people? How do I play as a sim that does not want to be eco-friendly?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think this game looks cooler than I thought. Seems like there are a lot of new activities for the sims to do, which is awesome!
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    bsasin wrote: »
    So, nothing other than what we saw in the reveal trailer. Got it.

Yup, pretty much.

This pack really doesn't add much, does it?
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »
    bsasin wrote: »
    So, nothing other than what we saw in the reveal trailer. Got it.

Yup, pretty much.

This pack really doesn't add much, does it?

Sadly...TS4 add ons doesn't add a lot....now some do don't get me wrong. But more of a hit or miss.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Funny how new woohoo locations get some simmers excited!

So there's definitely no storyline? I mean, those premades seemed to have a fixed role in ridding the world of pollution.

I'm not bothered about insect eating. After all, I'm not eating them, the sims are! But squeamish sims should refuse them.

And only slob sims should not be affected by dumpster loving.

That's what I'd like to see in this game, come to think of it. Traits causing sims to adjust their situation rather than suffer and become sad/uncomfortable/tense.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    rushing to play and raise one of my current child Sims which I kept for the Eco Living. She will rock the boat! Sorry, the dumpster :D
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • sims4er24sims4er24 Posts: 9 New Member
    Well I think that eco lifestyle is going to bring some interesting game play. I have noticed lately that our community keeps voting for very mundane realistic gameplay. I must say that lately mundane has become extremely boring. I think this alternative lifestyle will actually breathe some new life into our game. But if you don't want the expansion, cool don't buy it. Although, i am not a fan of alternative food practices🤢🤢, I am willing to have my sim or sims try it. Maybe we can use the recipes in a restaurant( would be a great game play storyline?)So we can have sims go out in the community and let them decide.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well there was some new things, not very much though.

Well, they won't cannibalize the future livestream by showing too much in the trailer, will they?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well there was some new things, not very much though.

Well, they won't cannibalize the future livestream by showing too much in the trailer, will they?

So, now we just wait some more huh? Fantastic!

On a positive, I like the juice-making and candle-making. The pollution looks awesome -- but in a pack titled "Eco Lifestyle" I'm not sure it's good that the pollution is the part I find most appealing. :D
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited May 2020
    ...did they just say “weird flex” & “fire” in a sims trailer.....
    tenor.gif?itemid=6193879
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I agree that this gameplay trailer didn't show much we didn't know.The blog post does give some new info though. 'Check your impact in almost any neighborhood or world of your choosing' so... the pollution level can be different from a neighborhood to another?Interesting. I'm really excited about the upcycling 'system'. There's also a power generator and bombardier beetles provide the fuel for it.I very much love the build/buy we've seen,especially all the new plants!
    I'm dissapointed that the fizzy juice machine is SO HUGE.
    ...did they just say “weird flex” & “fire” in a sims trailer.....
    tenor.gif?itemid=6193879

wish they drop the english all together, what happened to the trailers with just the Sims doing their thing? And words.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What part of the world is “harvesting” bugs and turning them into Spaghetti and Spinach Frittata? I never heard of such.

Those crickets sticking out of the spinach looked more like cockroaches, probably because of the filthy state of the world. They could have turned them into some protein shake or powder to sprinkle over a dish, so they wouldn't look so gross and like they got to be on a plate by mistake.
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but on the blog it says:

"You get to build it in nearly any world in The Sims 4! Bring Sims together around vertical gardens and hydroponic planters in Brindleton Bay; learn from other craftspeople in the workshop of Willow Creek; or sell your goods and peruse other offerings at the market in Evergreen Harbor."

Do you guys think this sounds like there will be a community space in every world? I think this trailer is making me a little bit more excited for the pack than I was before.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    In the blog post it makes it seem as if some neighbourhoods are greener that the rest...makes me wonder..

I wish we would get a world map, plus all the premades so I can start building stories for them in my head.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    ...please please please stop with the English narration, it so tacky and cringy..

Yeah, nothing...hard pass, not at all interested.

Most if not all the Sims trailers had something annoying. In most it was the music, large descriptive text across screen & some of the music lyrics were also in English not Simlish. I'm not a huge fan of the narration, prefer just to hear my sims in their native language, but its no worse than some of the others. At least with voice & music you have the option of turning off the sound. The text not so much.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion