Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black screen when trying to install through the launcher

Hello everyone. I was having issues installing sims3packs through the launcher. It would just show a black screen for more than ten minutes and never install anything. This is what I did to fix it.
Open Documents\Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads select the packs you want to install and either drag and drop into the Electronic arts folder are copy and paste
Rename The Sims 3 folder I renamed to The Sims 3 old
Open the launcher
There should now be a new The Sims 3 folder open it and navigate to the downloads folder drag and drop the packs or paste them
They should now appear in the launcher downloads tab
Install as normal
Exit the launcher (make sure it is fully closed)
Navigate back to your Electronic arts folder Cut or drag and drop the folders from your The Sims 3 old or whatever you named the backup to the new Sim 3 folder
I recommend deleting the Cache files and the dcbackup all put the ccmerged
I hope this helps.
IcsaBkL.png

Comments

• Options
    YaBeechYaBeech Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you!! This was really helpful!
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    That's great :D I'll close this thread here as it's a necro'd thread but consider show your appreciation to those Simmers by hitting that Promote, Insightful, Like or Awesome button. :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top