Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

Comments

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Honestly?
    All of them. If I never believed the devs that they're going to improve this game, I would be at least 250$ richer right now.

Now long story. I got everything up until Vampires and nothing past that point. Some of the packs were good on their own (Parenthood, Vampires, I even enjoyed Dine Out), but a lot of the packs are either bugged (Get to Work, Dine Out and Vampires still not bug free), or more restricted than the predecessors (what did City Living even sell me outside the world with apartments in them that I can't build myself?).

And then, even if I wanted to try and enjoy what is there by avoiding 50% of all the packs that I own because they're bugging out, there's simulation lag that I can't fix either way, so it feels very unplayable.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Honestly?
    All of them.

Maybe then just get another place to hang around.. oh well, no thereis more, like certain persons who like to just say things for the kick they get for it, LOL. I am pretty sure you were banned for a long time, tho.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I have all the packs...I'm a bit of a completionist by nature. I don't regret buying any pack, however, Seasons has it's issues for me. I actually dread 'summertime' because at least half of the time my sims are indoors because of the thunder and lightning storms that seem to last for two and three days at a time.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

Maybe then just get another place to hang around.. oh well, no thereis more, like certain persons who like to just say things for the kick they get for it, LOL. I am pretty sure you were banned for a long time, tho.

EA has refused to refund The sims 4 multiple times to me, so I still own it. On top of that I am let's playing The Sims 3 on Youtube right now, streaming it on Twitch and playing The Sims 2 regularly. I don't see why I should be unable to contribute to topics just because you don't like my contributions. Thank you.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited April 2020
    None.
    I get use of every pack that I've bought (and I've not bought them all) but I've also never paid full price for any of it except one. I did regret paying full price for the one I did when it was full of bugs and it took them 3 months to sort out (and there's still a broken feature in it over 6 months later). Lesson learned and I'll never do that again, I'll continue to wait for sales and cherry pick my packs.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2020
    @mirta000 I was going to put something similar. I only own the base game and GTW but regret buying both. I don't play ts4 at all right now (still playing ts3) and don't plan on buying any of the other packs in the future unless one REALLY wows me but I like to stay up to date on anything sims related so I still come to the forums to check in. I don't like to admit it to myself but i'm still hoping that one day they will come out with that pack that will bring me back to the sims 4 or that the sims 5 will happen and be the greatest sims game to date. One can only dream.🥺😩
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    So I really like the clothes and hairstyles that came with Get to Work, and I don't exactly regret buying it, but I don't use the professions themselves too often. When I do, I'm so busy with my teens that I don't really like going to work with my sim because it takes time. Likewise, I feel like I don't use the restaurants pack anymore because it takes several hours for a meal. Also, as soon as a restaurant is open for business, NPCs only ask my sims on dates at restaurants instead of also in the park and at bars--- which I missed.
    As to the pack I most enjoy... Get Together. Oh my god. I love Sergio Romeo, Joaquin Le Chien, and Morgan Fyres, and I love all the venues too!
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Same here @netney52 - Definitely Get To Work for me
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    City Living: it created the weird tourist outfits.

Strangerville: still can't defeat the motherplant.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My First Pet is my least favourite of the packs I don't know if I truly regret buying it followed by University because I all they do is study and go to school. They don't eat. They don't sleep. They have no time for university events. There is no time for them to have a social life and I have to cheat their needs just so they don't die of starvation if they are in university from my experience and it usually takes until my sim ages up to Adult before they are accepted into a university unless I cheat that in too. I'm better off having my sim marry a Landgraab or one of the Villareals or have one as a sugar daddy or sugar mama then go get a degree and better themselves. They always end up on academic probation because things like traits aren't taken into consideration. Where a genius or bookworm or geek sim would make a point to do everything autonomously and gain fun through learning. They would also do their homework faster because of their trait. Again it's not a regret. more of feeling that there should have been more done and it almost being there but not quite. I went to college full time and have a Bachelor's Degree. I had time to date my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) at the time, study, eat and sleep without sleep deprivation or diabetic coma. I wish there were more options like a community college. private colleges, and of course universities Seriously the first time I got my sim into a university my spellcaster died of starvation and I had to start a new game. I had no time for them to learn magic because it is no eating no sleeping just homework and school that's all. Unless I flag my sim as immortal, cheat enough aspirations to buy steel bladder, needs no one, forever fresh and forever full or have a vampire who is a daywalker I don't send my sim to university at all it's not fun for me to play. There need to be real consequences in the game for sleep deprivation like your sim gaining the clumsy trait temporarily, being unfocused, poor motor skills, erratic behaviour, hallucinations, enraged, etc.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Amber_10Amber_10 Posts: 7 New Member
    I love the majority of the packs, except for discover university, only because it takes a lot of work to actually get through school, but I love the CAS items and the build mode stuff.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Anyway I don't think I really have any packs I regret
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited May 2020
    City Living 'cause I can't remember using any of the features except some clothes
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    I regret City Living to some extent. I bought it originally because the premise for it reminded me of The Urbz. But City Living isn't as interactive as I'd hoped (the festivals ultimately blur together from how similar they are to each other).

I do like the apartments, but they'd be far more interesting if I could build my own in other worlds.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't regret buying any packs. Each pack I've bought has increased my gameplay and I enjoy and still pretty much use items from each pack. The only thing I can say is, I do regret paying full price for some of them, which is why i wait for sale now.

The only packs i dont have are My first Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Tiny Living
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Luxury Party Stuff.
  • DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    Vampires. Initially, I thought it was a cool concept. But I hated playing them and the fact that I couldn't go 5 minutes without one breaking into my house so I uninstalled it. Waste of money in my opinion.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Toddler stuff just because i don't care enough for toddlers and end up never using it's content. Kids room stuff for the same reason.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    The base game and all of the packs
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Outdoor Retreat. I have hardly sent my Sims camping and I keep forgetting this pack exists. It has made zero impact on my game. The only thing I've used is the bear costume, that's it.
    giphy.gif
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I don’t regret buying any of them because I use everything pretty often. There are things I wish I could change about some of them, like DU would unlock certain careers instead of putting you so high up in the tracks but I have mods for that.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    -All sims 3 stuff packs
    -Sims 3 Generations. Sorry not sorry
    -Sims 4 Vampires. Barely used them
    -Sims 4 Get Together at full price. Only like the world and some hairstyles.
    -Sims 4 City Living.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    No, because I just buy the ones I really want, especially after seeing gameplay. And on sale. So none of them have surprised or disappointed me, since I waited to be really sure of what I was getting.

I don't own them, but I feel like island living and university seem pretty non-spectacular to me. From an outside perspective.

A lot of people buy them ASAP and get disappointed (I remember this happening with island living) and that's such a bummer. No fun when what you look forward to doesn't pan out.
  • aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    I regret nearly all TS3 expansions, mainly because the more I got the more unplayable the game became. Gameplay wise though, probably Supernatural the most. I hated my plants being attacked all the time and got no joy from playing as a vampire. I did like the fairies though. I’ve never bothers with TS4 Vampires or Realm of Magic because of it.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't regret getting any expansion- or game packs, and I normally don't get stuff packs, but Laundry Day was one of the very few I got, and I regret it. A total waste of money, and now the sims constantly want to buy a washing machine. Bah!