Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Stop Basements Raising Terrain

Ever since the patch that introduced the ability to alter the terrain was released, it is now affecting basements on houses with heightened foundations. As soon as you move the basement walls in-line with the ground floor's walls, the terrain raises around the area.

Last night I finished a house on a 20x20 lot with raised foundations and I created a few basement levels to increase the house size and I had to reduce the room sizes all because of it raising the terrain. So instead of the backyard having a nice flat surface, some of it is raised.

This is extremely annoying so please fix it. One of my other households that's on raised foundations with basement levels was lucky it doesn't have this problem because the lot was done before this terrain addition.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    When that happens, you just need to lower the level of the basement :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    When that happens, you just need to lower the level of the basement :)

Not always possible, since that changes the size of the stairs. I generally settle for letting the basement be one tile smaller on all sides.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Have you tried not using the Basement tool at all? In build mode, just go down to basement level with page down and build the walls as you would normally? I found that way doesn't raise the terrain at all :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    2quwd7.gif

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I tried it last night, using the simple room builder at basement level and it still raised the terrain.
    2quwd7.gif

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited March 2020
    I tried it last night, using the simple room builder at basement level and it still raised the terrain.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that :frowning:

One other thing I once had to do; because the terrain had been raised on a lot I was building and I couldn't get rid no matter what, I removed the basement completely to level the terrain again, saved the lot to my library then demolished the lot, came out of the game, went back in and loaded the lot back from the library - that seemed to fix it (in terms of using the no basement tool method - using basment tool still raised the terrain). Sorry, it's the only thing I can think of right now...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • achbran03achbran03 Posts: 1 New Member
    seems like another thing that will never be fixed :| https://imgur.com/a/m7vZe36 (before & after deleting the basement on a raised house, patch 1.61.15.1020)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow, I thought it was just a glitch. I didn't know that it was due to the basement tool. Nuts.