Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire sim with Good Manners trait farting and burping autonomously all of a sudden?

Hello,

I am guessing this is a bug, but not sure. So the past couple of times I've sent my vampire sim out to a restaurant, he ends up autonomously farting and burping either at the dinner table or shortly after returning home. The only things he ever orders are Plasma Fruit Salad and a Plasma Jane drink (neither of which should cause that to my knowledge). He also aged up with the Good Manners trait when he became a Young Adult. I checked, and it still lists that as one of his traits. His other traits are Good, Loner, and Family Oriented (none of which should be causing the gross behavior either). I am at a loss as to why this is happening or how to fix it. It does seem to be tied to either eating and drinking the Plasma Fruit Salad / Plasma Janes, or to going to a restaurant (not sure which as when he is home he either drinks plasma packs or drinks from his human girlfriend). I also didn't notice it until the most recent patch. It has happened once when his household was the active household, and once when he was not in the household I was controlling when I had his younger brother invite him out to dinner.

I am at a total loss here because it seems to me that sims with Good Manners shouldn't be farting and burping without having eaten something known to cause that reaction. It also doesn't seem to me that vampires should get the ability to do that since they don't exactly have humanlike digestive systems. I mean I know this sounds funny to some most likely, but I play this save with a very story-based focus and this doesn't at all fit his character, so it's really bugging me. If this is a bug I would appreciate someone directing me to the proper place to report it, since I tried to find it on my own but it wouldn't give me the option to report a new bug.

Thanks!
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Does he happen to have a high mischief skill? I think that can have an effect. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    @CelSims he doesn't. I'm not sure if he has a mischief skill at all, but if he does, it's not very high. Thanks!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

In case anyone was following, I've figured out that it's definitely somehow tied to sims dining out. He took his fiance and her family out to dinner and didn't even eat this time, just drank a glass of wine, and he, his fiance, and her family were all sitting at the table burping and farting. Not sure if this is a Dine Out glitch or somehow conflicting with a mod (it reminds me a lot of the vomiting glitch Slice of Life had for a while when your sim got invited to one of the hidden worlds).

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    one of my Sims has started farting and laughing about it, and he doesn't have the slob trait. It's new behavior for him so it may be a bug. I'll play some other Sims in other saves and see.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @Nushnushganay thank you for telling me, I'd love to hear your experience with trying other saves too!

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've encountered this autonomy problem a few times over the months. when build up some good character values and take my eye off the screen for a moment, i see my well behaved teenager on the computer trolling the forums, despite not having any mischief skills and when i cancel they lose empathy and gain the skill. I see similar mischief interactions when in conversation, another well behaved teenager suddenly starts doing mischief conversations and sometimes it loses relationship score if it wasn't handled correctly. It is especially annoying with children when they start shoving each other when it wasn't called for.

this game has a nasty habit of putting mischief skills in the autonomy when you don't want it. I really wish it would stop doing that at times.
    edited May 2020
    So for anyone having the belching / farting problem in their game....it's definitely Slice of Life related. I took the mod out and resumed at the restaurant and no more farting and belching by anyone. It looks like it was updated May 4th so I'm going to try installing that one and see if that doesn't fix it!