Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is so underrated!!

2...Next

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Glad to hear children can still be heirs @miwa09 since, after your previous message, I haven't test played it myself yet (am still planning too though). Thanks for letting me know.

About the "Save"/"Save as" problem: I never use the "Save" option but always "Save as" and work with several saves throughout each Kingdom. I always "Save as" with the name of the Kingdom and profession of the hero I am currently playing so every hero has his or her own save per Kingdom, I have a "Save as" with the name of the Kingdom and the word Kingdom behind it which I use in between quests when placing buildings and decorating and stuff and often I use a "Save as" which I call as the name of the Kingdom with the word temporary behind. This save I use before choosing a legendary trait or when I want to see how a certain choice works out. In case I don't like it or change my mind, I restore that temporary save. When I'm finished with my Kingdom, and had the "you have platinum/gold/whatever message", I use "Save as" once more to save under the name of the Kingdom or the name of the Kingdom and Ambition. Those saves I keep in my Documents since I use those saves to have all my Ambitions unlocked, you know what I wrote about earlier. The temporary and heroes saves I throw out when I'm done with a Kingdom. So for me it's the same as sam123 and I haven't had that issue. It's always a good precaution to make regular backups of your saves, for example every time you're done playing for the day since saving in every Sims game is unfortunately and still never without risks.
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    I loved the Sims Medieval! I loved the function of having quests yet still being able to make your own choices! The only thing I wasn't such a fan of was not being able to continue as your child. (Unless I'm not remembering correctly?)
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    @SimLibby you're welcome! And yes, of course it's good to have multiple saves and back-ups, but it's still quite annoying if you cannot "update" your current save, if you know what I mean. I like to save before any major decision and after every quest, and after one game session I ended up having like over 20 save files just because I couldn't update the old ones :p At least I could save though. I like to keep one "main-save" and a couple of temporary saves per kingdom, and I don't like it if my saves list don't look nice and tidy :D

@Evangeline As I mentioned earlier, I tested this and if your hero sim dies, you can replace them with their child! But if you import a hero to the next kingdom, then it doesn't work. Actually as I checked, my merchant, whom I imported to be the monarch of the next kingdom, was still in place also in her old kingdom, which was rather curious.
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2020
    @miwa09, nice and tidy, haha, I can relate to that need. I'm going to wrap it up because I can go on and on and this is not our topic. I just wanted to say it was nice talking to you. Auf Wiedersehen and Het beste (take care). :smiley:
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2020
    Turns out I can't run TSM on my laptop after all, because my OS is beyond what the game is setup for. I run on Catalina, but TSM only runs on Mojave and earlier. I did buy the game, but Origin can't install it once it's downloaded.
  • Markus_skyfiresMarkus_skyfires Posts: 14 New Member
    > @sam123 said:
    > I bought this game a while ago but never really played it. After starting yesterday I can't believe how much fun I've been having. For starters this game runs heaps better than TS3 and looks a lot better. I kinda wish TS4 ran on this engine! The gameplay is actually very addicting. I feel like I'm actually living in a Medieval world, going to the market, being the Monarch and sending people to stocks, doing quests, levelling up, ugh it's so good!! Everyone who is interested in Medieval history should play it.

I totally agree It's such a unique game with a very specific title. At first I didn't like how limited it felt but after getting utterly addicted to it I play it all the time. I even treat it as history to my main game in the Sims 4 and had sims write stories about my TSM characters. I think so many people play a wee bit of it and stop because it's not like the main line of Sims games and go back to the main Sims games.

Question of the day, would you rather them create a new side game for the Sims like a new Sims Medieval, other story games or fear they might pull another Sims 4 style game on us and rather add more content to the already existing Sims Medieval?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Turns out I can't run TSM on my laptop after all, because my OS is beyond what the game is setup for. I run on Catalina, but TSM only runs on Mojave and earlier. I did buy the game, but Origin can't install it once it's downloaded.

Wow that's so weird..
    > @sam123 said:
    > I bought this game a while ago but never really played it. After starting yesterday I can't believe how much fun I've been having. For starters this game runs heaps better than TS3 and looks a lot better. I kinda wish TS4 ran on this engine! The gameplay is actually very addicting. I feel like I'm actually living in a Medieval world, going to the market, being the Monarch and sending people to stocks, doing quests, levelling up, ugh it's so good!! Everyone who is interested in Medieval history should play it.

I totally agree It's such a unique game with a very specific title. At first I didn't like how limited it felt but after getting utterly addicted to it I play it all the time. I even treat it as history to my main game in the Sims 4 and had sims write stories about my TSM characters. I think so many people play a wee bit of it and stop because it's not like the main line of Sims games and go back to the main Sims games.

Question of the day, would you rather them create a new side game for the Sims like a new Sims Medieval, other story games or fear they might pull another Sims 4 style game on us and rather add more content to the already existing Sims Medieval?

It really is such a unique Sims game and the good thing is is that it runs really well, is really fun, and the graphics are pretty awesome!

To answer your question I honestly would not want TS4 to create any side games, the engine sucks, TS4 has absolutely no depth even after being out for 6 years, they would just butcher whatever side Sims game that they introduce and I don't want them to ruin Medievals reputation!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    > @sam123 said:

Maybe if they remastered TSM so I could play it, I wouldn't mind more added content. But tbh I think I would enjoy TS4's version also. I'm already trying to utilize TS4's tools to warp the game to work the way I want it to which is more off-the-grid communal living mixed with fantasy.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I bought this game 3-4 years ago & never got around to playing it. I just started playing a couple days of ago & it is very engrossing. It really is a blast to play, imo anyway. 🙂
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm watching James Turner playing this and i seriously thought it was just another Expansion for TS3 LOL maybe everyone else did too maybe that's why it didn't do so well. Watching some Gameplay though even if i DID know what it was i don't think i'd have bought it, it's too restricted to Quests but god the Color wheel lets you put in HTML or CSS Color Codes, Did it let you in TS3 as well? :O I like RPG games though but i'd rather play those.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I bought this game 3-4 years ago & never got around to playing it. I just started playing a couple days of ago & it is very engrossing. It really is a blast to play, imo anyway. 🙂

Yay I'm really glad I'm not the only one who appreciates this game. There's a lot of us out there!
    > @sam123 said:

Maybe if they remastered TSM so I could play it, I wouldn't mind more added content. But tbh I think I would enjoy TS4's version also. I'm already trying to utilize TS4's tools to warp the game to work the way I want it to which is more off-the-grid communal living mixed with fantasy.

I wouldn't mind a remaster but I don't think it's popular enough to get one. :(
  • Euphoria97Euphoria97 Posts: 33 Member
    The game still exist?
    https://dragcave.net/user/Add723
    CLICK THE LINKS! HELP ME RAISE MY DRAGONS!! o:)
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    I've always wondered why they haven't made something like Sims Medieval or the Sims Castaway Stories during the Sims 4 lifetime... the closest we've gotten to a side game is the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay, which are the perfect representations of the direction EA has gone in the past decade.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I really love this game. It's one of my favourite sim games. I really enjoyed this medieval era with the wizards, the kings, the pirates... I wish they would make a similar pack for TS4 but I don't see it coming.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Oh my god it's so crazy how times change and the fanbase changes along with them. Back in the Sims 2 days (mid 2000s) people were starving for medieval content (and a lot of fantasy btw as well). There were full modding websites to turn The Sims 2 into a medieval game. There were clothes, objects, worlds, everything you can imagine. I bet if you go to mod the sims 2 and go back a few years you will see it filled with medieval and fantasy content.

You know it's what the community wanted back then and it makes sense that EA decided to release a medieval spin-off for The Sims 3. I think it sold pretty okay too for a game with no promotion. Sims fans are different nowadays, not the same demographic The Sims 2 had, maybe that's why people tend to forget The Sims Medieval.

How times change, really.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I absolutely love this game. I wish they would have come out with more content for it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn