Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the worst part about the eco pack no new whims

2...Next

Comments

• LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I think changing the whim system to the fear and wants system would be amazing.
    In sims 2 sims felt unique because their wants and fears were do personalized. Cassandra, a family sim had a wish to marry Don, her fiance. Not just...marry...
    Sims 4 sims can look unique but lack personality. A wants and fears system would make their traits more meaningful and make the sim more interesting.
    Sims 3 watered down the sims 2 system and sims 4 even more, which is a shame
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I love whims too. I was really disappointed when new packs stopped adding them. Part of my playstyle is trying to complete all the whims my sims get. In some of my saves I only do stuff that my sims have whims for, so my sims don't get to experience any of the new gameplay in the latest packs because there are no new whims.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    There are many aspects of the game that seemed to have been 'forgotten' and they are actually key points to het that classic Sims game back.
    Whims, aspirations, traits, lot traits (is a good feature from The Sims 4, but too neglected), lot types!, skin colors, eye colors, hair colors and I can name so many more.
    I mean, some of them get updated once in a while but the new options are so categorized that it's hard ti implant them into you general day to day game play style. I wish we would get more basic traits, more basic aspirations and more basic skin/eye/hair colors instead of only crazy ones. I see a lot of people complaining that the darker skin tones are not very accurate and I have to agree. I don't like the way they look and something is of about them.
    If only we would finally get that huge free update that would cover these issues. Whims and those in between loading screens lines/tips are also one of them.
    I do not care for whims, cause they are pretty boring and meaningless in this game. But if they can bring the old style back, I will probably look at them more often.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I actually like the idea of whims but the way they were in Sims 4 is just to random. Had the whims been more so locked to personality points, interest and traits and the traits were continually updated with each pack it could have been a great feature as it makes the Sims feel more alive.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sims 3 whims are really good. I could just play the games Doing nothing else but complete whims. Ts4 whims .... yikes. Please fix it !
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I actually like the idea of whims but the way they were in Sims 4 is just to random. Had the whims been more so locked to personality points, interest and traits and the traits were continually updated with each pack it could have been a great feature as it makes the Sims feel more alive.

same...it's why I eventually turned them off, after seasons everyone just wanted beeboxes :s
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

same...it's why I eventually turned them off, after seasons everyone just wanted beeboxes :s

OMG same, I HATE that whim, happens every time. NO YOU AREN'T GONNA GET YOUR BEEBOXES!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm ok with that. Sims 4 whims are boring and provide no beneficial value for my games. Sims 2 wants and fears was just a much better designed system and provided fun gameplay.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The whims desperately need an overhaul. I hate getting the "get to know X" when X is your sim's partner!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Not saying that the whims are perfect that they don't need a few fixes but I still really like them I think they need to work on the cats and dogs whims repeat far too much and far too often also some pregnancy whims would be nice like food cravings or something
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    I used to really enjoy using whims to decide what my Sims wanted to do next. But it just became more and more apparent how random whims truly are.

No expansion will be interesting for whims, in my opinion, unless they overhaul whims entirely, and EA/Maxis doesn't seem to care to revisit old content to make improvements.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Wims that I wish for any go live in a whim to who in the dumpster a whim to recycle a win to make fruit juice a whim to clean up the town a whim to craft things a whim to make friends with the bugs a whim to vote[[/b]
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    The mod is 100x better than maxis version which keeps repeating the blinking same whims. But as a laptop simmer the mod does slow my game down a lot :(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    They have fixed a lot of broken whims witht the last patch, so there is some hope they also might start adding new ones again.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen