Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystic Lifestyle: Simplants and Werepeople, an Expansive Expansion Pack.

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @crocobaura which ones? The Summerdream family?

I was referring to this one, but after a second look I think it's a TS4 sim with custom wings. My bad. :p

073b1b0f37470a3ce3eccd8cec238120.jpg[/center]

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @crocobaura oh, haha it happens.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    Unfortunately, I don't believe a whole Supernatural focused EP (or even another GP for a sole new Occult) will happen in the time we have left of TS4. At the very most we'll get either Fairies or Werewolves in the Farming EP akin to how we got mermaids in IL due to thematic compatibility.
    Post edited by SimsBro on
    edited May 2020
    @SimsBro the last time the EA CEO spoke about their games on a conference (or something like that) he kinda suggested that the game would still go one for 5-6 years. So... I think we still have plenty of time for more occult gp.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    @SimsBro the last time the EA CEO spoke about their games on a conference (or something like that) he kinda suggested that the game would still go one for 5-6 years. So... I think we still have plenty of time for more occult gp.

I guess there's always hope, but it would really surprise me if they actually did another full GP or even EP focused on Occults.
    Still, I would be pretty fine with either Werewolves or Fairies in a Farming EP so long as the customization was good akin to mermaids at least. I don't really care much about them having big in depth powers like Witches or Vampires.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    If the pack included overhauled PlantSims people would rage that it should (rightfully) have been included in a free update, since PlantSims have been free forever.
    @AedanStarfang they weren't...?! Like, in SIms 2 they were released in Seasons and in Sims 3 they were released in University Life.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    As long as they can make it as good as the mods I have if not better. EA has been resting on their laurels with Sims 4 instead of raising the bar. Occults are the prime examples of this.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    edited May 2020
    @AedanStarfang they weren't...?! Like, in SIms 2 they were released in Seasons and in Sims 3 they were released in University Life.

Plantsims as far as the Sims 4 go (which is what I meant, not the entire series proper) were introduced in a free event/challenge patch, which is no longer available, however you can still become one using console cheats. What I'm saying is that people would probably be upset having to pay for a lifestate (In the sims 4) that was originally free (In the Sims 4).
    @AedanStarfang Oh, makes sense. But, expansion packs/DLC are made to expand upon base game features. Expanding the plantsims wouldn't be hurtful, if they left the "free version" hidden behind codes for those that want them (as it is now, I don't even consider them as being playable).
    @AedanStarfang Oh, makes sense. But, expansion packs/DLC are made to expand upon base game features. Expanding the plantsims wouldn't be hurtful, if they left the "free version" hidden behind codes for those that want them (as it is now, I don't even consider them as being playable).

It wouldn't bug me too terribly if they did that either, too bad PlantSims haven't really been touched upon since the seed challenge or whatever.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I need werewolves.

It wouldn't bug me too terribly if they did that either, too bad PlantSims haven't really been touched upon since the seed challenge or whatever.

@AedanStarfang not actually. Plantsims have been expanded when Seasons came out.
  • EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    I think simplants are coming in the next expansion pack!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    It's very likely it might be Fairies in the next Expansion Pack. There's way too many obvious clues recently.
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    I'm just afraid that if fairies are released, EA will think they are a good enough substitute for a full plantsim occult. They're not!
    I guess I prefer occults that look less human, hence why my current favourites in sims 4 are aliens and servo bots.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
    @SERVERFRA I don't think so, there wasn't any hints of fairies in the new trailer, neither for plantsims, but... :/

@IObelle I guess we'll have to wait longer for plantsims to be back in the house
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's very likely it might be Fairies in the next Expansion Pack. There's way too many obvious clues recently.

THIS! I am picturing the next game pack to be "Fairy Tales" with a charming little world that has fairies and charming objects based on fairy tales. It would be so cool. Actually, I'd prefer this theme be a fully fledged expansion pack and they could add werewolves too. :)
    @alan650111 yes, and I hope they flesh out mermaids more