Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be fine with a revamp or reboot. I just don't want to buy all the same packs all over again any time soon. I'm also ok with them adding feedback from unhappy players especially in flexible ways.

I could see upgrading the graphics, actually, but I've been in my save for a while, so I probably won't start over soon.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2020
    Something that didn‘t get fixed in six years will never get fixed. I personally am tired of waiting and hoping for TS4 to become good.
    peragogo wrote: »
    Another indication is the poorer quality of the more recent packs for the past couple of years. You can see that EAxis hasn't poured much money into the development of the packs (where did it go?) - reused animations just labeled with different names, lots of recolors, sometimes using the same lot buildings in the newer worlds.
    I don't really want to start a whole thing, but it should be mentioned from time to time that they reused a lot of animations from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it frees up more of the budget to do other stuff so I'm not bothered by reusing animations so much.

I am bothered by buying a new base game and waiting 3 years to have weather again though.
    What „other stuff“ though?
    Well, Sims 3 reusing toddler animations from Sims 2 freed them up the time to give them newer interactions and objects. Or reusing cats and dogs gave them room to add horses. Sims 4 didn’t reuse animation from any of the previous games but has reused animations from pack to pack, like the small pets in My First Pet to the cuddle with the worms in Eco Lifestyle gave a little more room for candles.

Ultimately, I think Sims 4 will be with us for a long time yet before Sims 5 rolls around and I’m okay with that. I’d rather they fix the wheel than reinvent an equally disappointing wheel.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Something that didn‘t get fixed in six years will never get fixed. I personally am tired of waiting and hoping for TS4 to become good.
    Another indication is the poorer quality of the more recent packs for the past couple of years. You can see that EAxis hasn't poured much money into the development of the packs (where did it go?) - reused animations just labeled with different names, lots of recolors, sometimes using the same lot buildings in the newer worlds.
    I don't really want to start a whole thing, but it should be mentioned from time to time that they reused a lot of animations from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it frees up more of the budget to do other stuff so I'm not bothered by reusing animations so much.

I am bothered by buying a new base game and waiting 3 years to have weather again though.
    What „other stuff“ though?
    Well, Sims 3 reusing toddler animations from Sims 2 freed them up the time to give them newer interactions and objects. Or reusing cats and dogs gave them room to add horses. Sims 4 didn’t reuse animation from any of the previous games but has reused animations from pack to pack, like the small pets in My First Pet to the cuddle with the worms in Eco Lifestyle gave a little more room for candles.

Ultimately, I think Sims 4 will be with us for a long time yet before Sims 5 rolls around and I’m okay with that. I’d rather they fix the wheel than reinvent an equally disappointing wheel.

It‘s very telling that you give horses as a example for „other stuff“ in TS3 but candles as example for „other stuff“ in TS4. These things don‘t compare at all and I bet if you made a poll asking „Do you want horses or melting candles“ almost everyone would choose the former.

For the amount of recycled animations and objects in TS4 we don‘t get enough „other stuff“ to justify a $40 price tag.

Example:
    TS3: Isle Paradise gave us a world with more than 100 lots, a underwater world, eight hidden islands, an active lifeguard career, houseboats, the option to buy additional homes, resorts (that we could both visit and own), and much more but what „other stuff“ did us TS4: Island Living give? Dolphins that have a handful of interactions. Great.

„frees up more of the budget to do other stuff“. Sure, Jan.
  • kylierose19_2kylierose19_2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd love a sims 5 but would love for it to be open world.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2020
    I was talking to a friend about what TS5 could be like and this is how we see the TS5 being...
    Look you can build a wall! Want to paint it? Buy this new Pack, Wall Stuff! Only $60!!!
    We needed a giggle as this quarantine is driving us crazy! But in all seriousness, it does make me think, IF we get a TS5, are we going to have the same problems as we have with TS4? Who here REALLY wants to go though all of this again, hoping that the game will get better only to be a disappointment?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We don't even need TS4. But we bought it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DarthAsianKarenDarthAsianKaren Posts: 30 Member
    nah, I want a Sims 5. I want to see what modern-day technology could add to the graphics. I also hope EA makes Sims 5 gameplay more realistic and lifelike. I want to literally feel like I'm living in another reality.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the Sims 4, and I would EA to continue to add improvements and make more packs, even after Sims 5 is released.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm happy with a fixed and expanded Sims 4. I really shouldn't play this game as often as I do and get frustrated at times with the numerous bugs. Plus starting a new sims game is basically repurchasing all over again. You just know Sims 5 is going to have more bugs than Mr Pratt's apartment in Creepshow.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    At some point you, we, us, I will need a sims 5. You can't expect a game running engine that's going on 7 years old to keep up with computers and hardware too much further into the future. At some point, it will become outdated and need replacing. Do "we" need it right now? That's a matter of personal opinion as the other posters have pointed out.

As for having to wait again for EP's and re-buying them all, that happened between sims 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 and a lot people made noise about it back then too with the same complaints. A lot of people did jump ship to the new versions though and people will do the same again. That said, you don't have to jump over immediately either. You can wait a few years until more packs are out. Not immediately buying in, is an option while you keep playing and enjoying TS4. ;)

I'm ready for a TS5. I'm also prepared to wait though and see what is offered in the new base game. If it's severely lacking and a mess like TS4 was, I'll happily keep playing 4 (and 3) until they deserve my money. I waited between 3 and 4 so I've done it before and I am prepared to do it again.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree that TS4 still has a lot of potential. There are so many features that I am missing and I would hate for TS5 to take over before TS4 feels complete to me. I do understand why some simmers feel frustrated and dissatisfied with TS4 though and are keen to move on to TS5. I have been playing The Sims since the first game and, while it has come a long way since then, I still personally feel that TS2 was the best for its time (although this may be partly due to nostalgia). I am uncertain that TS5 will be an improvement like everyone hopes or suit my own play style. I hope it does, but I just do not feel ready to start all over again, at least not until I am completely happy with TS4. There is a lot I love about TS4 and I would love to see it continue to expand and improve for a while yet.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    We don't even need TS4. But we bought it.

THIS! ^----
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

TS4 reuses animations from TS3 too but the big difference is that TS3 has A LOT of unique content as well. Not TS4 though. And what budget? If it freed up so much of the budget, wouldn't TS4 have a lot more amazing and working content? But it doesn't!.

Please, that is small time! I and many other people have been waiting even longer for a new base game and our favorite EPs - since 2014 when TS4 was released!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    right now makes me wonder why they are keeping the sims5 in the dark i would not went to see the sims5 rush out like they did with the sims4 and now i learn not to trust trailers now for the game we all tough we where getting sims like in this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3tutbXRIM and this is what we got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w and another flash back sims2 we all tough this was what we would get for sims2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w in the end this was the version we got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc_VDWRAQo&t=8s end of flashback
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Here's the essential debate driving this discussion:

Is EA more likely to be able to make TS4 BETTER by sticking with it and fixing the problems and expanding on personalities, etc.? Or, are they not able to do that, so they should just put efforts into make a great TS5?

I would LOVE for TS4 to get better, but it has been 5 years, and not one component has been added to the personality or relationship system that suggests it will improve.

That said, they've shown no real interest in improving any aspects of the game, so my hopes for TS5 are also dim (in my worst nightmares, I see a multi-player cash-grab game, with little pop-ups prompting you to buy things and no improved personalities for sims).

So....I dunno. I am not optimistic about either option, sadly.
    edited May 2020
    right now makes me wonder why they are keeping the sims5 in the dark i would not went to see the sims5 rush out like they did with the sims4 and now i learn not to trust trailers now for the game we all tough we where getting sims like in this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3tutbXRIM and this is what we got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w and another flash back sims2 we all tough this was what we would get for sims2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w in the end this was the version we got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc_VDWRAQo&t=8s end of flashback

Looking back that first TS4 trailer was so awful and cringey, if only we knew it would awful.

But that first Sims 2 trailer, my god that was perfect. I remember when I first saw it I screamed so loud happily...:) it still fills that same memory and feeling.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    EA knows it can get away with providing less content (some people even defend it) why change a formula that works for their pocketbooks? I almost want to see it come out just to see how much worse it can get.
    MadIris wrote: »
    EA knows it can get away with providing less content (some people even defend it) why change a formula that works for their pocketbooks? I almost want to see it come out just to see how much worse it can get.

Honestly think if people didn't defend it so much that the team would do better.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Ravenna wrote: »
    And most of all, we don't need Sims 5, because if it sells poorly, Maxis will be gone,
    Here's a crazy idea, EA gives Maxis a huge budget and says "Hey, instead of half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this game like you did with Sims 4, try to make something....You know, good enough so that people who play it don't just think of it as 'good enough'. Take all the time you need to make it too, don't rush it!" Maybe then EA would see that if you put actual time and attention and love into a product instead of just farting these games out they'd generally sell better because gamers are getting tired of EA treating them like second class trash. Ah who am I kidding, Sims 5 will be made on a budget of $100 in the span of 6 months.

• OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    I feel like at some point it would be good to do a Sims 5, but they need to complete the sims 4 first. I can't say that I would buy the sims 5 after all that we've been through with the sims 4. It would take a lot of convincing. I do believe the team said they have years left of working on the sims 4.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes I do.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    We better need fixes of old games instead of sims 5 !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    This new expansion pack is so gross maggot farms woohooing in the garbage and eating bugs i am so disgusted this is disgusting i am so disappionted.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    With rumors (and the remarks of the EA CEO), I don't think we do either. The patch preceding Eco Living to me, proves, that instead, I think with enough stuff added in patches, TS4 may become a bit closer to its predecessors. But keep in mind, we're still stuck with that inadequate engine leftover from Codename:Olympus which was supposed to be an online game and thus, watered down in order to run right.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2020
    I want sims 5!!! :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel like at some point it would be good to do a Sims 5, but they need to complete the sims 4 first. I can't say that I would buy the sims 5 after all that we've been through with the sims 4. It would take a lot of convincing. I do believe the team said they have years left of working on the sims 4.

I'm wondering how many years does it take to complete TS4. TS1 was 'complete' just in three short years. TS2 in four and TS3 in five. TS4 still gets the excuses it needs to be completed before it can be put on a shelf and a new game sold. In Sept. (this is the end of May) it will turn six. (Meaning it starts it's seventh year in Sept) Maxis cash cow just starts to look like money grab by this point, especially since they may or may not add cars, or burglars or fireman or whatever and just keep on dragging this out. I can't blame anyone for playing it and wanting more but my gosh how many years and packs does it take. It's almost right up there with the great pyramids..hundreds of years to build a tomb.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.