Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features do you love?

What activities or jobs or just features in TS4 do you love and generally gravitate to? I love the ping pong table added in DU and think that was executed very well. I also love Odd Jobs which were added in DU! What features do you like?
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    There are so many features I want to use more, but these are the ones I often find myself gravitating towards for some reason:

- the Freelancer career. I like the freedom
    - also the painter, programmer, and writer normal careers
    - Gardening, I love it so much
    - Everything that has to do with Island Living. I love it so much and after all this time it's still a huge part of my game, which is surprising cuz i was expecting to be meh about it
    - pets. Most of my sims have a cat or a dog. Just can't help it
    - dining out at restaurants. Going out to eat is my fave activity for my families. I still haven't ran one though!
    - Aliens. I try to avoid them but I always seem to end up with one
    - the Acting career. I want that bug fixed sooo bad
    - Spice festival. I love going to that one bc the food looks so delicious
    - Soulmate aspiration. My default when i don't know what else to pick bc it's easy and fits my play style

Those are the big ones that come to mind. I think they mostly stick out to me because those are things my favorite sims have done. I play a variety of stuff but there are a few things i need to dive deeper into :)
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Well, first of all I always play as a vampire. This has made the game actually fun for me. As such,I actively incorporate this in overall gameplay, for example I make hunts for blood exciting by stalking prey, separating them, charming them. There are a lot of way to make hunt interesting.

When it comes to skills, I level up pretty much everything but I gravitate towards computers, bartending, athletics and gardening

In careers, I usually go for the rewards that they provide. However, I always look forward to Oracle and Video Gamer careers. In terms of active ones, Scientist is very rewarding and Doctor is very fun career. I've also found retail store to be very fun,

In day to day activity, I usually am using the computer in one way or another, tend to garden (Which is both source of income and nourishment - vampire can really live off the land) and athletics.

When it comes to social activity, I visit nightclubs and friends. I also like to help them out with their kids. Babies and toddlers that is.

That's about it. Nothing else comes to mind.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @orangehippogriff This bug fix for the acting career might make you happy.

In terms of activities, I don't know. There's not one thing I keep doing. I guess I can't help but try to fulfill all holiday traditions and I play a lot with Needs TLC apartments right now. I like the different kind of problems an apartment can have.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just recently tried out the Odd Jobs and they’re pretty cool.

I like transforming my Sims from fat to fit by making them workout regularly.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My answers aren't really specific but more general, but here goes:

Create a Sim has to be best iteration in the whole series. The fact you can mould their faces really adds to immersion of the game.

Crafting/Creative/Artisan activities - I actually feel the Sims does this very well. Painting, gardening, writing etc. is really satisfying and a sim can base their whole life around it. Eco Lifestyle looks like it will add a lot more, and I think that's a good selling point for the pack.

Building - Being someone who is utter rubbish at building I feel at ease with the building tools in the Sims 4. It's so easy just to expand a house.

Career Choice - I know there is more they can add but I feel there's tons of choice in terms of careers. The custom career title is a great addition, so you can be a 'painting, gardening guitar rock god' all you like.

Worlds - There is debate around size, but the Worlds themselves are attractive and well thought out in terms of design and aesthetic.

That's all I can think of right now...I may add more later :smiley:

giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like to try new stuff and have a diverse game but i tend to gravitate to the 'living' worlds, San Myshuno and Sulani.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    - gardening
    - create a sim
    - build mode
    - genetics
    - karaoke from City Living
    - bubble blowers from City Living
    - the swing-set from Seasons
    - the calendar from Seasons
    - the worlds
    - the entirety of Dine Out. i love restaurants in this game so much
    - campfires from Outdoor Retreat
    - the herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat

i could go on, but these are the first ones that come to mind
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020
    • I like giving sims makeovers by using cheats and right clicking on them and editing them in CAS directly.
    • I like the careers which allow me to be creative, I like the freelancer photographer career because that way I can use CAS to make new outfits. It's pretty fun to create outfits for a certain theme.
    • I like the actor career and the way you can have fun with it by trying to do the career with different sims, I once had a sim promote his movie by dancing at a festival in a knight costume.
    • I like playing as a celebrity and making up things that they have to do to gain more followers, like jogging around in a silly costume or playing the violin in inappropriate places.
    • I like doing the challenges on the climbing wall from fitness stuff, it's actually really well made, it is a hidden skill and it actually requires your sims to practice a lot in order to complete the different challenges.
    • I like visiting a spa with my sims, I think the animations and the build objects are really well made.
    • I like to let my sims form groups and friendships and hang out at different places, I have a metal band who just hangs out at nightclubs and plays guitars, I have a bowling club who hangs out and plays bowling.
    • I like to let my sims create paintings or take photos of other sims and then display them in a gallery.
    • I like to make different lots that my sims can visit during certain holidays, I have a night club which my sims always visit during new year's eve for example.