Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contained and cleared

South Australia appears to have done it!

There are no current active cases of covid 19 in the state.

It certainly makes it look like we have a very good chance of eradicating the virus in Australia.
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I hope so. But I don't think we can assume it's gone.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

It certainly makes it look like we have a very good chance of eradicating the virus in Australia.

Oh my gosh I sincerely hold thumbs for you guys. It would be great if you manage it, so many life's lost. We are back to level 3 in Auckland again, have some community cases again, and that just a few days after celebrating 100 days of no community cases. I do hope you guys eradicate it and have some normality again, my thoughts are with you all <3
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

Oh my gosh I sincerely hold thumbs for you guys. It would be great if you manage it, so many life's lost. We are back to level 3 in Auckland again, have some community cases again, and that just a few days after celebrating 100 days of no community cases. I do hope you guys eradicate it and have some normality again, my thoughts are with you all <3

That was back in may.
    Unfortunately there's been an explosion of cases in Melbourne in the last few weeks, and they're now about 2 weeks into a 6 week stage 4 lockdown.

I think we've only got a handful of cases here in SA, but it feels like we're holding our collective breath, terrified we're gonna have a second wave too.

The hilarious part, was that the Vic Premier Dan, made a comment questioning why anyone would want to go to South Australia. Then they had an explosion of cases, and we now have the military patrolling the state border, after several silly vics tried to cross it. This is more entertaining than the usual rivalry of our states.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Oh my goodness I did not even look at the date :( Aww that is no good, well I hope you guys have it under control again soon. Until then I guess we just all stay at home and be safe <3