Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t move objects up/down with 9/0.

Hey guys! So I’m interested in expanding my knowledge of building and experimenting more. I already know how to scale items with “[]” but for some reason, I can’t move objects up and down with 9/0.

I’m currently using the Sims 4 camera, and when I push 9 it moves my camera. I’ve tried CTRL+9 and SHIFT+9 (same for 0) and it doesn’t work. I’ve also enabled testingcheats and bb.moveobjects.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the solution could be?
hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
cas youtube!

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've posted this a couple times around the forum, most notably in the Things You Didn't Know thread, maybe it will help you? Good luck! :)

When you try to use MOO (bb.moveobjects on) does the camera suddenly fly away instead of moving your objects up or down? Does MOO only work by holding down the ctrl key with 9 or 0? Have you used ctrl 9 or ctrl 0 to save a camera position for taking screenshots or making a video? If yes, here's how to fix it so you can again use 9 or 0 without the ctrl key when using MOO.

1. Open your TS4 folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4
    2. Look for a folder called VideoCameraStates and open it.
    3. Inside you should see a file with a picture of a cog on it named VideoCameraStates. It's a configuration file.
    4. Open the file. If you've set any camera positions, they will be listed inside.
    5. If you don't care to save them, (perhaps you did it accidentally or you no longer need them) delete the entire folder. The game will generate a new empty one the next time you open your game.
    6. If you'd like to keep these camera positions, copy the folder and save it somewhere safe until you need it again. Just drop the contents into the newly generated folder.

Voila! That's it! You can now simply use the 9 key to raise an object or the 0 key to lower it without using the ctrl key whenever you want to use MOO! :)

*Note - MOO stands for the 'bb.moveobjects on' cheat.
  • myrakiiimyrakiii Posts: 229 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've posted this a couple times around the forum, most notably in the Things You Didn't Know thread, maybe it will help you? Good luck! :)

When you try to use MOO (bb.moveobjects on) does the camera suddenly fly away instead of moving your objects up or down? Does MOO only work by holding down the ctrl key with 9 or 0? Have you used ctrl 9 or ctrl 0 to save a camera position for taking screenshots or making a video? If yes, here's how to fix it so you can again use 9 or 0 without the ctrl key when using MOO.

1. Open your TS4 folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4
    2. Look for a folder called VideoCameraStates and open it.
    3. Inside you should see a file with a picture of a cog on it named VideoCameraStates. It's a configuration file.
    4. Open the file. If you've set any camera positions, they will be listed inside.
    5. If you don't care to save them, (perhaps you did it accidentally or you no longer need them) delete the entire folder. The game will generate a new empty one the next time you open your game.
    6. If you'd like to keep these camera positions, copy the folder and save it somewhere safe until you need it again. Just drop the contents into the newly generated folder.

Voila! That's it! You can now simply use the 9 key to raise an object or the 0 key to lower it without using the ctrl key whenever you want to use MOO! :)

*Note - MOO stands for the 'bb.moveobjects on' cheat.

Thank you so much for the quick response! It’s finally working, I really appreciate the help!

hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
    cas youtube!